Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
What would you suggest I try to check?
Get the ape tray posted 2 pages back, for 30 bux its ur best bet/fix!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

the outdrives on my center diff is a little wobbly. took it apart cleaned it all out and put in new pinions. even tried putting shims in there and it helped a little but not much. do i need to replace entire assembly?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I like my HobbyWing 4000kv. I run it indoor and out. Just ran it at the big 1/8 track that ROAR had the 1/8 nitro nationals at (LCRC) with no problem.
How much drag brake does this motor have?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

The only time mine ever nose dove alot, I just moved the rear shocks out one hole on the bottom mounting point. This effectively increases the spring rate without changing the spring. Fixed it instantly.

Also, what springs and weight oils are you running. I am running 35 front and 30 rear with the rcshox two stage pistons. Just light throttle tapering off to down side the jump and it flies strait every time.

The drag built into the drive train causes a slight drag brake type of effect when you let off the throttle just from friction of moving parts. Stay on the throttle for sure. Just enough to keep the wheels from decelerating until you want the truck to start nosing over to downside the jump.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has it held up well otherwise? Are you happy with it?
It's got 8 months or more of wear on it. Run hard almost twice a week. Its worked well for me. I'm just now experimenting with other braces - torque rod, bump brace. I would say I've got another 2-3 months and then I'll refresh the entire truck.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

FFS ordered a KHZ chassis from Amains yesterday, they were showing instock and I've just got an email to now say its on back order, I'm not a happy bunny
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by embryoguy
the outdrives on my center diff is a little wobbly. took it apart cleaned it all out and put in new pinions. even tried putting shims in there and it helped a little but not much. do i need to replace entire assembly?
The center diff usually has a bunch of wobble in it. As long as the diff is built correctly, this wobble doesn't do much harm.

Use the King Headz center diff upright if you want to get rid of the wobble. Works nicely.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Dual-Bearing
Old 08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ordered the KH chassis, dual bearing mount, HA pivot balls and HA servo saver tube from them and got it quick...that sucks when you think its goin out
Old 08-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

KHZ don't even have stock themselves, so looks like a long wait, or a refund and get a BCE chassis instead, I've fired them over an email asking about turnaround times on the back order tho
Old 08-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by embryoguy

If your outdrives are wobbly what I've found to be the case is the hole in the steel insert, the one inside the diff case, is off center. Not much you can do except buy another diff cup set and hope they are centered correctly.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

A Mains contacted KHZ and the next batch of chassis's will be available August 31st
Old 08-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The trick is to stay on the throttle as long as you can and let off as you come off the jump but that also depends on how the jump is built/angled and took me some time to learn with this truck as my Sl4sh flew quite well no matter how you came off the jumps but biggest thing that helped for me was remove the rear battery peg and slide the battery back as far as you can in the tray but if you got the cash do the APE tray as ive heard great things about it and anything that pushes weight to the back will help unless you want to add some weight to the rear but most dont like adding weight to an already heavy truck
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I put some PUSH into my RX8 and makes it jump great. I have raced 1/8 scale gas and by putting some push, it make it act like a gas car (will coast some when letting off of the throttle). So when coming off of a jump it flies flat due to the motor still moving a bit and not wanting to slow down the wheels.

I think right now I have push control on my SCTE (w/Tenshock 4600k and 13teeth) set at 20 or so. I really like how it flies off of jumps and has more coast to it on the straight aways and other areas of track.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Or you can set ur car on ur table and set ur throttle neutrAl point and make it more positive just until the car moves forward a little then back it off one or two clicks
Old 08-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone have a good rebuild guide on converting stock SCTE greese in all 3 difs to OIL?

I ask because I know there is certain things you got to do special with the scte so it doesn't leak, but im not sure what (something about glueing parts, greese in certain areas ect).

A complete in depth guide is really needed for the community. Ive seen requests for it many times.

I tried searching but could only find bits and pieces of info with no pictures or specifics.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.