Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Tekin Pro4 4600 Cleaning

When you guys take apart and clean your brushless motors, do you use quick dry electronic cleaner on the parts or just stick to a brush and compressed air?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
When you guys take apart and clean your brushless motors, do you use quick dry electronic cleaner on the parts or just stick to a brush and compressed air?

I personally use a little Nitro Spray to ensure there's nothing left behind along with a brush and compressor.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just make sure the spray you use is polycarbonate safe for cleaning.. I didn't and my speed control exploded along with my motor end censer board. tooth brush and air. good to go should be done every forth race or more depending on how dusty it is.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
What's everyone running for springs and oil weights with the BCE chassis
I like 30 wt oil all around,and run the team set up springs which are (race sets) The new ones come in sets of four,orange in the rear and black in the front.You gotta buy the front sets for 16 bucks and the rear sets for 16 bucks to get this combo.I run the #4 pistons rear and #3 front.I run my shocks with the eyelets unscrewed 2 turns and removed the droop screws all together.I run the rears with the tops all the way out on the shock towers and all the way out on the arms,the fronts I run middle on the tower and all the way out on arms.I run plastic stock braces front and rear with the BCE also,,.{Friday} night race report ran the fastest i have run yet on our current layout last night.The fastest (Kid) at my track,Rudy Rico has run 23 laps once or twice before in a 7 min main and last night I joined the 23 lap club running 4 seconds behind him 1st time for me!!!Which is kinda Ironic cuz they are changing that layout todayGot-It done!!Had some diff issues and pulled apart the rear diff last week before the main,middle diff last night before the 2nd qual and still could not figure out what was causing my issues.Before the main ripped into the rear again and had a friend point out that the ring and pinion looked kinda shiny and flattened out,also had a bearing that was sticking as well.Threw in a back up ring and pin also 2 bearings and Snap!Back in the game and on to that 23 lap main event 2nd place! Thanx for reading!!My girlfriend doesn't want to hear all this crap so had to explain it to some oneCheers!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Picked up a used SCTE, it in great shape. All the differentials are very free like they have light oil in them. I took it to the track (loose dirt) it is VERY tight. Like driving into a hair pin corner, I hit the breaks and the truck just stops. It doesn't rotate.

What happens if I change front diff fluid to a heavier weight?
what happens If I change center diff to heavier oil?
What happened if I change rear diff to heavier oil?

I'd like to do one at a time but track time is limited. Hopefully some one will answer the questions and I will be a little closer next trip to the track.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got my Losi today, has an SNR chassis, TLR towers, etc and the truck seems to understeer on power through turns and oversteer off power in turns. Very loose/dusty track....

So far the SCTE seems very heavy/sluggish compared to my DESC410R but it seems much more durable. I need to gear down, currently at 15/40 and it's just not low enough to get this big truck up to speed in time for our huge jumps.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I ran the Ryan Dunford set up tonight for the 1st time took 1st place at local indoor track. Only issues was to much body roll we have a sharp left at the end of a 50' straight away I had to slow down to much to make the turn or risk rolling over. Any tips on how to get around the corner a bit faster. I slow down about 15' before the turn then 25% throttle through it.
SCTE Kings head chassis,Brushless hobbies lt4, Novak 4.5t 40/13 gearing, AKA rebar SS tires.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Got my Losi today, has an SNR chassis, TLR towers, etc and the truck seems to understeer on power through turns and oversteer off power in turns. Very loose/dusty track....

So far the SCTE seems very heavy/sluggish compared to my DESC410R but it seems much more durable. I need to gear down, currently at 15/40 and it's just not low enough to get this big truck up to speed in time for our huge jumps.
That was my first reaction coming from the Durango the Losi as well. I will say what I do like about the Losi is the fact that I can confidently push it and not worry. It just blasts through the rough stuff unlike the Durango. I've been messing with the setup a bit and my main goal is to get a bit more turn in. Currently running the Dakotah Phend setup sheet with some personal changes and I'm really starting to get it setup nice.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 3/4s SCTE gearing options?

Hi guys,

I have switched back to my 2560Kv 4068 can from the 4600Kv 3663 can. I find the way the car drives (as a basher) more pleasing with the big can on 3s than the 4600Kv on 2s. And it runs much cooler as it is relatively under stressed.

I currently have it geared 17/40 3s but have a feeling I should be higher. The stock RTR is 18t on a 36mm diameter can; should I go larger as I have a bigger can?

I think the max I can do is 20T; is it worth getting a 18 and 20T pinion? I have 12-17 at the moment.

3s - 20T?
4s - 16-17T?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1M
Picked up a used SCTE, it in great shape. All the differentials are very free like they have light oil in them. I took it to the track (loose dirt) it is VERY tight. Like driving into a hair pin corner, I hit the breaks and the truck just stops. It doesn't rotate.

What happens if I change front diff fluid to a heavier weight?
what happens If I change center diff to heavier oil?
What happened if I change rear diff to heavier oil?

I'd like to do one at a time but track time is limited. Hopefully some one will answer the questions and I will be a little closer next trip to the track.
Since you don't know whats in there, rather than change one thing at a time now, do do yourself a favor and put in a fairly common setup (like 5-5-3) and tune one at a time from there. If you change one thing out now, and it runs great, then you'll have no idea what yoursetup is because you don't know how the other two diffs are built.

There is a guide that someone posted here about the effects of fluid on each one .. see if you can find that, or maybe someone else can dig it up. I didn't have much luck.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Fan or heat sink for the Tekin Pro 4? Links if you have them?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeffem62
Fan or heat sink for the Tekin Pro 4? Links if you have them?
I read you post and wanted to bitch slap U. try asking in a nice manner. you might get 4 posts with fans on ebay. amain tower. if you want. Tekin has a site with numbers and prices. buy two for 19.00 or 22 depends on where you search. Part numbers. there's to many
Old 08-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

What chassis braces should I run with KHZ chassis???
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by .AJ.
What chassis braces should I run with KHZ chassis???
Run the plastic see how it works for ya, then the long brace, see how that works. short metal. they all make the truck act different. depends on track and shock set ups. write your setting down on a log ...test.... Let us know how it works for (your) driving style.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run mainly on a small technical astro track, I'll start with the stock plastic and I'll get hold of a rc8 rear brace to try aswell

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.