Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevemopa View Post
Hey guys, great thread. Has anyone else had a problem popping the rear driveshaft(Tekno front and rear)? This has happened to me twice in the past couple weeks and set screw is still there (blue locktite). I'm running a TLR chassis w/torque tube. I noticed a little ring gear wear last time I had the rear diff apart and wonder if a little slop in there is the culprit. Thanks.

Steve
Its popping at the set screw side? Hmmmm Make sure one of the two bearings is not going bad and really never seen em pop there!Any one else on this guys???

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Truck was awesome this weekend.. gets better and better all the time..
Man I feel the same way,Over a year now and still leave the track with a big grin everytime I love My truck!Some times I just stare at it like a kid trying to imagine being shrunk down so I can ride in it!Love it!!!P.S. cant wait for the 1/10th 4x4 buggy to come out so I have another 4-wheel drive to run and for those diff cups with the molded inserts we are all wishing for RYAN????By the congrats on your WIN Ryan~~~
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Its popping at the set screw side? Hmmmm Make sure one of the two bearings is not going bad and really never seen em pop there!Any one else on this guys???

Man I feel the same way,Over a year now and still leave the track with a big grin everytime I love My truck!Some times I just stare at it like a kid trying to imagine being shrunk down so I can ride in it!Love it!!!P.S. cant wait for the 1/10th 4x4 buggy to come out so I have another 4-wheel drive to run and for those diff cups with the molded inserts we are all wishing for RYAN????By the congrats on your WIN Ryan~~~
Wish i knew the feeling. I can't setup my vehicles for crap. I can drive just not too keen on the tuning side. I'm gonna get better at it though. Hopefully.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Don't make me stick an 810 wing out the aero cutouts in the back.

I was actually contemplating it to deal with the nose dive issue when I drive full out on a large 8th scale track though. It should be easy to put on for that and take off the rest of the time...except for the wrenching while threading through the body part.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2 Newbie Questions

Hi, just 2 n00b questions from me as I await my delivery:

1) With the TLR carbon fibre shock towers, is it necessary to superglue the edges to keep it from delaminating/fraying?

2) What is a 1-piece shock standoff? I am looking at the pictures and also at the explosion diagrams and can't quite know for certain - is it the part that attaches to the shock tower that the shock cap then goes around?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak View Post

1) With the TLR carbon fibre shock towers, is it necessary to superglue the edges to keep it from delaminating/fraying?

2) What is a 1-piece shock standoff? I am looking at the pictures and also at the explosion diagrams and can't quite know for certain - is it the part that attaches to the shock tower that the shock cap then goes around?

Thanks!
I don't glue mine and I haven't had a problem, but it can't hurt. The stock shock stand off is two piece(screw and nut) where the one piece is, well, one piece!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks!
1) I did 1 quick brush on to make sure, i do it with all my carbon pieces.

2) Stand off is the piece that physically goes into the shock tower. Right now its 3 pieces, the 1 piece is actually 2 pieces with the nut on the end. However, the rest of it is all 1 piece.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post

Yes, the shaft has come completely out on two occasions and the set screw is still in place. I'm not sure what could be causing this other than the set screw came loose or the little slop in the ring and pinion gears. I was thinking of shimming the pinion to achieve a better mesh. I never had this issue with the stock shaft.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stevemopa View Post
Yes, the shaft has come completely out on two occasions and the set screw is still in place. I'm not sure what could be causing this other than the set screw came loose or the little slop in the ring and pinion gears. I was thinking of shimming the pinion to achieve a better mesh. I never had this issue with the stock shaft.

bro, is there any way for you to post a photo of this? I was having the issue of throwing the pin, happened a few times, but since the setscrew came out, it's been fixed. Kinda wondering how this happens.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Ok blame the euro durango guys. Jorn has been running spoilers on the Durango 4X4 for a while and did again at shootout and cactus so Ryan tried it out then. Until someone puts there foot down it is going to continue I think.
Very disappointing that they're getting away with it at bigger races that should know better.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Very disappointing that they're getting away with it at bigger races that should know better.
Whats funny too me is THEY (Team Durango) are seasoned racers and they probably know that the wing is not legal to race with but are doing it anyways ? Thats basically cheating IMO .....
Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

duplicate post !
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Whats funny too me is THEY (Team Durango) are seasoned racers and they probably know that the wing is not legal to race with but are doing it anyways ? Thats basically cheating IMO .....
The only way it is not legal is at a ROAR event .
Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
The only way it is not legal is at a ROAR event .
Not true. Any track can follow ROAR rules, or implement their own, or if hosting a sanctioned event defer to that organization's rulebook. Any of which can make that wing (spoiler) illegal.

Is it done? Clearly not all the time. But there are plenty of non-ROAR races that don't allow wings.

Unfortunately, if an organized race has no rules to govern wing wing legality, then there are probably no rules governing body (probably only rules regarding electronics and such) and can thus you can run anything on a SCT dimsensioned platform that you want. Why not just use a baja bug body and a wing.

Now all that said, does IFMAR even address SCT?

And to make it more confusing, I understand that at lower level/local ROAR events a lot of the rules are discretionary - so even at ROAR events you could run a wing. But not much much at the nationals. How many are DQ'd for not having headlights?

Anyway, they just look stupid. Case closed. =)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DanielHolloway View Post
bro, is there any way for you to post a photo of this? I was having the issue of throwing the pin, happened a few times, but since the setscrew came out, it's been fixed. Kinda wondering how this happens.
Not really much a pic would show, just the driveshaft thrown out. This is not a stock shaft it is a Tekno. I switched to Tekno after throwing a couple of CVD pins in the stock front shaft, problem solved on front. My issue is in the rear after switching the stock shaft to Tekno. I haven't thrown any pins with the new shafts, just lost the entire rear shaft a couple of times. Guess I should crank that setscrew a little harder, but I still wonder about the mesh in the ring gear.

Steve
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks!
You can seal them but most do not and I have not heard of any problems. Being the towers don't see direct impact as they are protected by the body and the sides like a chassis do not get pulled seems to not be an issue.

The one piece shock standoffs are for the upper shock mount. They elminiate the long screw with the lock nut to a once piece design that is easier to move the shock position.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.