Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:51 PM
  #37981  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Ran the Hobbywing SCT-Pro/Tenshock 5200 kv sensored motor combo today at the race track. Very impressive combo. Had a lot of comments from people about how good the power looked. They really perked up when I told them I paid $140 for the combo!
kcobra is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 07:09 PM
  #37982  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 444
Default

Originally Posted by mavrick0
The website description says 12-24, wonder which one is correct.

Typo, it will do 12-24. Sorry
KingHobbies is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 PM
  #37983  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,765
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chucko
I then tried to glue the insets BAD advise from any one that thinks it a joke to mess with people.. DONT take the inserts out and glue them. you cant compress glue .. take the new diffs glue the inserts when installed. around the edge put a light coating and let it flow in to the gap.
What glue? CA? If so, I personally think that sets too fast. I like either JB Weld 2 part epoxy (love that stuff, that's right up there with duct tape and zip ties) or RTV. Both set a lot slower. And while you cannot compress them - you can press the excess out of the area and wipe it clean to have a super fit. Tight, no leaks.

Really, really hard to do that with CA.
goehm is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM
  #37984  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
zJatoRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys need a little help here, getting a little frustrated. My problem is that I can't keep the temps down in my motor, currently running the Novak Havoc Pro SC + LRP X12L 5.5 motor, I had the novak 4.5 hv but it went out due to heat issues, I just installed the LRP and same deal, same high temps as the novak.

I started having these kind of problems with my electronics as soon as I moved to the SCTE, I had the novak setup for a complete year in a Hyper 10sc and not a single time the motor overheated. I bought the SCTE in May and I just can't figure it out, I swapped pinion gears ranging from 12 up to 15 with no effect whatsoever, always running at around 190-210, I tried different heat sinks, fans and nothing seems to help at all.

Again, problem started when I switched to Losi, it's the race roller and it's completely stock.

Any advice and suggestions are welcome, thanks!
zJatoRad is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM
  #37985  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Maybe a tear down and see if the drive line is binding somewhere?
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 PM
  #37986  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

For gluing the diff inserts, I use CA. I have a bottle of CA that came with a brush instead of a squirt tube, and I use that to brush the inside of the cylinder, then just push it all the way in from inside. Works perfect every time and is easy.
justpoet is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 PM
  #37987  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Well it is nice that kingheadZ has a new motor mount, i think i fixed my problem with the old one. Did what you guys and some local racers suggested and trashed the button head screw on my stock motor mount and replaced it with a socket head type screw with a washer underneath. Just the fact that it has a 3/32 head on it makes getting the torque to tighten with stripping it a lot easier. Held strong throughout the heats and in both mains. When i get some spending money i'll pick up the kingheadz motor mount and center diff mount. Thanks for your help guys!!!!
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
  #37988  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
zJatoRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Maybe a tear down and see if the drive line is binding somewhere?
Thing is that this has been going on since I bought the truck (yes, brand new truck) =(, that's basically how I went through the novak motor.
zJatoRad is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:41 PM
  #37989  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
Hey guys need a little help here, getting a little frustrated. My problem is that I can't keep the temps down in my motor, currently running the Novak Havoc Pro SC + LRP X12L 5.5 motor, I had the novak 4.5 hv but it went out due to heat issues, I just installed the LRP and same deal, same high temps as the novak.

I started having these kind of problems with my electronics as soon as I moved to the SCTE, I had the novak setup for a complete year in a Hyper 10sc and not a single time the motor overheated. I bought the SCTE in May and I just can't figure it out, I swapped pinion gears ranging from 12 up to 15 with no effect whatsoever, always running at around 190-210, I tried different heat sinks, fans and nothing seems to help at all.

Again, problem started when I switched to Losi, it's the race roller and it's completely stock.

Any advice and suggestions are welcome, thanks!
The difference is the weight of the two trucks. My jammin scrt10 was right around the weight of your hyper. I'm guessing 5.5lbs RTR on the track. The SCTE is 6.75lbs without any lightening.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 PM
  #37990  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
zJatoRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6
The difference is the weight of the two trucks. My jammin scrt10 was right around the weight of your hyper. I'm guessing 5.5lbs RTR on the track. The SCTE is 6.75lbs without any lightening.
So do you think going all carbon will help? I've also seen the FTW fan thingy and looks interesting.
zJatoRad is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 PM
  #37991  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
So do you think going all carbon will help? I've also seen the FTW fan thingy and looks interesting.
TBH to answer your question my preference would be to go higher voltage (think 4s battery, around 2700mah batts) and lower kv motors (right around 2000kv motors). That system would run cold all day long. BUT we are limited by rules so with a 2s system everyone recommends the pro4 with RX8.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
  #37992  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Default TLR tuning kit SCTE

im having problems with the rear alum hub. it seems the hinge pin dont fit?
dmorash is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09 PM
  #37993  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dmorash
im having problems with the rear alum hub. it seems the hinge pin dont fit?
Push it, push it real good.

Try making sure your holes line up and if that doesnt work might drill it out a tiny bit to make em fit. Also try twisting them clockwise when pushing them in. (do that first before drilling)
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 PM
  #37994  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Push it, push it real good
Salt N Pepa's Heeaaa.

Sorry I couldn't resist. Probably over all of you youngsters heads.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:13 PM
  #37995  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Default tlr kit

ya first i thought it was that my pins were bent so i bought new ones still no fit i oiled up the pin and hub ans still only get the pin in half way
dmorash is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.