Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Yeah it does sound good wish there was a picture .
Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well i have owned this truck for a long time and replaced the diff fluid many times, i bought another truck and just did the diffs and the front diff is binding. Not sure why, I know how to build the diffs and seat everything properly but when I tighten it down it still locks up. I got sick of trying to figure it out and just used two gasgets. Figure its just the diff housing that is out. Known problem?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
Well i have owned this truck for a long time and replaced the diff fluid many times, i bought another truck and just did the diffs and the front diff is binding. Not sure why, I know how to build the diffs and seat everything properly but when I tighten it down it still locks up. I got sick of trying to figure it out and just used two gasgets. Figure its just the diff housing that is out. Known problem?
Make sure the small alum blocks are pushed all the way down in there slots, with your small allen push em down!!
May help and be sure not to snug up the screws tite at all!!!Cheers!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Resqnu View Post
Thanks guys. Guess the stock ones are not very durable. Any recommendations on chassis? I'm not trying to start a chassis war. After reading the thread the KH stands out to me as it changes the front drive shaft angle. But I am open on anyone. Might be able to pick up a TLR slightly used cheap from a friend.

Also, should I swamp chassis before running? Will the changed angle hurt anything if I race tonight before swapping chassis?
When the front shaft pin was coming thru the plastic sleeve the angle seemed to be the problem,The new teckno front shaft has a fix for that as well as the newer one from Losi uses a set screw now!I use black grease and a set screw style stock front shaft and have had no failures in quite a long time.Lost two in a year and a half and none since going to the set screw!If You can drive some trucks with different chassis to see which suits your driving style,that may help You decide
Old 08-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Make sure the small alum blocks are pushed all the way down in there slots, with your small allen push em down!!
May help and be sure not to snug up the screws tite at all!!!Cheers!
I pushed them down all the way with a small hex, Rebuilt the rear fine. But the front is giving me some issues, doubled up the gasget and it works fine. Could the diff housing be out?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

I pushed them down all the way with a small hex, Rebuilt the rear fine. But the front is giving me some issues, doubled up the gasget and it works fine. Could the diff housing be out?
Ya it could be ,have you put it in the truck ?Hold the rear wheels aon the ground and give it some gas and let the front seat in some it may just break it self in ,Is it stopping or just feels twitchy?Twitchy break in and run, stopping def, re do!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Somehow these snuck by - I haven't seen any posts about the Louise wheels for SCTE. If anyone has them, thoughts?

Come in white, yellow, or black:

http://www.louiserc.com/products_det...cID=17&Key=115
Old 08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can't wait for the new 22SCT wheels.

I bought 6 pairs of the Avid wheels and they seem really soft at the face as almost all of them wobble at the face. AKA wheels are much better in that regard even though they have loose hexes.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Ya it could be ,have you put it in the truck ?Hold the rear wheels aon the ground and give it some gas and let the front seat in some it may just break it self in ,Is it stopping or just feels twitchy?Twitchy break in and run, stopping def, re do!
It's stopping completely, I'm going to give it one more shot! Hopefully it will work this time. I'm going to drain the fluid and rebuild from scratch!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's stopping completely, I'm going to give it one more shot! Hopefully it will work this time. I'm going to drain the fluid and rebuild from scratch!
if and not knowing what ya did. but if you get any glue on the inserts you have done it bad. 2 gaskets fixes it. glue the inserts in when fully installed. other wise you have that 1000th of an inch of glue thats messing you up. Hope this helps
Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

It happens. I have had to use two gaskets on several diffs.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
if and not knowing what ya did. but if you get any glue on the inserts you have done it bad. 2 gaskets fixes it. glue the inserts in when fully installed. other wise you have that 1000th of an inch of glue thats messing you up. Hope this helps
It could be that, the truck is literally brand new, i have not even put electronics in it. I took it out of the box and stripped it down. to do the diffs. Could it be their binding cause there BRAND new?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Just taking a roll call of any and all SCTE drivers running the BCE chassis...

I have enjoyed the performance out of the one on my truck.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just got done installing my ha pivotballs and new rod ends. The fit is alot better and there is a lot less slack. Set my steering turnbuckles at 45mm to give it just a slight toe out. The suspension action is a lot smoother now too. Also did the socket head screw and washer on the motor mount like you guys suggested. Will see how it all works out on race day.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Just taking a roll call of any and all SCTE drivers running the BCE chassis...

I have enjoyed the performance out of the one on my truck.
Sorry didnt see your post cuz i was typing. Anyway.... Been runnin my bce since i started outdoor and i love it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.