Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Have any of you guys that dont own the mip kit tried just the pistons? Read bigsquidrc.com's review on the kit and they said the pistons make the shocks pretty close to perfect. What hole pistons should i use and what oil?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical View Post
I know folks do a lot of different things to lighten their SCTE... can you share a list of what you've done to lighten the truck. Benefits/trade-offs? Things you would do again or would not?

Just curious....
I bought the kit as the roller and got pretty much all the hop-ups from the outset so I only had to rebuild the truck once. I just recently changed the stock chassis to a KingHeadz since at the time I got the roller, I was still undecided on an aftermarket chassis.

My truck as the TLR tuning kit, I doubt there is a weight savings there, but if there is, it is slight.

I also have the TLR Titanium Screw Kit, all six hardened/lightened outdrives, the alum 5/40 nuts from RC4Less, Lunsford Ti Turnbuckles, the TLR TiNitride Hinge Pins and shock shafts (not sure of material, but the hinge pins are lighter than stock).

I am also running the ape-rc.com Battery Tray and his hardened shims and diff bushings. I have a cut rear bumper, no nerf bars and a semi cut radio tray (still use all three posts for servo stability)

I never drove the truck before all the weight savings so I couldn't tell you whats worth it and what isn't but once you go this light the Ape-RC battery tray helps to give you better adjustability for balance.

If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't do much different. Maybe skip the HA shock bodies and TiNitride shock shafts if budget was a concern.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

casper thanx for the input much appreciated!! im gonna try this out 2day.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Can someone tell me when the TLR tuning kits started coming with the bleeder shock caps?? I was shocked when I opened my kit last night... but that was short lived when I realized there was only 3 shock cap o-rings in there

Can someone fill me in on the proper bleeding procedure for the shocks with the bleeder caps??

Also, can you guys tell me what size hinge pin reamer I would need for this truck?? Mine don't feel as free as I would like
Old 08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxnickj View Post
Can someone tell me when the TLR tuning kits started coming with the bleeder shock caps?? I was shocked when I opened my kit last night... but that was short lived when I realized there was only 3 shock cap o-rings in there

Can someone fill me in on the proper bleeding procedure for the shocks with the bleeder caps??

Also, can you guys tell me what size hinge pin reamer I would need for this truck?? Mine don't feel as free as I would like
I think all the hinge pins are .125 but measure them!

contact customer support and they will get you the missing part.

If you want to run emulsion you can cut out the center of some bladders and use those for cap rings as well.

Unscrew the bleeder screw. Put the o-ring or cut out bladder in the top of the shock cap.

Fill the shock with oil. Make sure you pump the shock to get the oil past the piston. Once you let the air bubbles pass, fill the shock to the very top with the piston all the way to the bottom.

Screw on the shock cap all the way.

Slowly press the piston to the top of the shock. There should be some excess oil that comes out the screw hole. With the piston at the very top of the stroke put the screw back in and you are done.

Check that the swaybar is not binding the the rear suspension.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I think all the hinge pins are .125 but measure them!

contact customer support and they will get you the missing part.

If you want to run emulsion you can cut out the center of some bladders and use those for cap rings as well.

Unscrew the bleeder screw. Put the o-ring or cut out bladder in the top of the shock cap.

Fill the shock with oil. Make sure you pump the shock to get the oil past the piston. Once you let the air bubbles pass, fill the shock to the very top with the piston all the way to the bottom.

Screw on the shock cap all the way.

Slowly press the piston to the top of the shock. There should be some excess oil that comes out the screw hole. With the piston at the very top of the stroke put the screw back in and you are done.

Check that the swaybar is not binding the the rear suspension.
That would be if your wanted to build the rebound in your shock "dead" right. Couldn't your adjust the rebound to your liking by not moving the shaft all the way in once the cap was on? Really need to pick up some bleeder caps as it gets time consuming to open the cap back up to make the rebound match the other shock.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

3.5mm (.1375)

You can use a #28 drill to open the arms up a bit.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

kinda makes me excited as I had my LHS order mine tues as he didnt stock it so it's right from horizon but I'm not holding my breath
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
That would be if your wanted to build the rebound in your shock "dead" right. Couldn't your adjust the rebound to your liking by not moving the shaft all the way in once the cap was on? Really need to pick up some bleeder caps as it gets time consuming to open the cap back up to make the rebound match the other shock.
You really don't want to build emulsion shocks with rebound. That is a bladder thing.

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
3.5mm (.1375)

You can use a #28 drill to open the arms up a bit.
oops thanks. Chris. I have my 2wd SC hat on!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You really don't want to build emulsion shocks with rebound. That is a bladder thing.

oops thanks. Chris. I have my 2wd SC hat on!
Then i've been making building my shocks a lot harder. I wish i knew you were supposed to build em "dead" for emulsion. Luckily i have to change some pistons and oil anyway.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Yup, my tuning kit had bleeder caps also...too bad I can't use em
Old 08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? ??

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Yup, my tuning kit had bleeder caps also...too bad I can't use em
Why you say you cant use them??? Did I miss something??
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

This looks promising.

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...9cbd77e1f18716
Old 08-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Nice ! 43 bucks is pretty cheap if it is as good as KH's other parts IMO .

The Elite mount is 75 and doesnt have the features this has ........
Old 08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Why you say you cant use them??? Did I miss something??
I run the SNR towers +9mm, 8ight shocks, and 8ight stand-offs so the shock stuff i cant use and i dont have the stock shocks otherwise i'd be selling the 8ight shocks since there are becoming alot more options for the scte shocks as for what they are, they are very nice and stout but got a deal on the 8ight shocks so i put the SCTE shocks on my Sl4sh as an upgrade so both my rides at the time got upgrades but have since sold the slash with the upgrades

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Too bad there isnt a pic to see what your pre-ordering...i just ordered their chassis and dual bearing center diff mount so of course they release a new product i would have also bought but oh well, i dont really need it, lol!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.