Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Casper

How about the front do you have the setting on the front Thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metoo
Will the battery tray stock velcro straps hold a 4S battery? Don't worry, I'm not going to use it on this truck, but I need this information.
Yes, they will.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
So I have a Durango DESC410R that I am trading for a SCTE but I have all these saddle packs....Is it possible to run a saddle pack in an SCTE or no?

Most saddle packs will fit end to end in the SCTE batter tray. You might have to remove one of the end stops.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

My truck is all stock. What kind of seup should I put on it for a typical 1/8 dust low bite track
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
Casper

How about the front do you have the setting on the front Thanks
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...tion-Sheet.pdf
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I am not sure it will fit around. The velcro strips from the 8ight-E will though.

Most of the upgrade chassis allow the use of a longer rear brace which helps with this. I prefer the TLR chassis with the rear torque rod brace but there are many other great options out there.
Thanks,
That was it! Replaced the chassis with a new stock one and all is good. Now to decide with after market chassis to get.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Thanks casper. Is the losi team going to the sc nats@ rcmadness
Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
Thanks casper. Is the losi team going to the sc nats@ rcmadness
Keith Whisler and Ryan Dunford will be there. Not sure who else is going.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default clay track set up, help!!

hey guys im pretty new at this stuff but i need some set up tips for my sct. i drive at a indoor clay track with really good traction. the problem im having is im gettin a pretty bad kick off jumps it wants to toss the truck in an endo if i hit jumps with speed and also the truck wants to roll over if i go into a corner hard. im running bar codes for tires, 20wt shock oil in the rear, 27.5 in front, with the losi gold springs on both. i got the ride height in the rear a lilttle bit lower then level and the front a lil above level, i have almost no rebound in the rear shocks. and about half rebound in the front. not sure why this thing wants to dive on me as i have 0 drag brake set as well. any ideas on a proper set up??
Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by empire39
hey guys im pretty new at this stuff but i need some set up tips for my sct. i drive at a indoor clay track with really good traction. the problem im having is im gettin a pretty bad kick off jumps it wants to toss the truck in an endo if i hit jumps with speed and also the truck wants to roll over if i go into a corner hard. im running bar codes for tires, 20wt shock oil in the rear, 27.5 in front, with the losi gold springs on both. i got the ride height in the rear a lilttle bit lower then level and the front a lil above level, i have almost no rebound in the rear shocks. and about half rebound in the front. not sure why this thing wants to dive on me as i have 0 drag brake set as well. any ideas on a proper set up??
your rear oil is way too light. The truck is blowing through the pack and I bet this is quite a bit of your jumping issue. Try 27.5 all the way around. If running outside and temps are high (90+) I would think about going up to as high as 32.5 wt all around to compensate for tempurature.

Check to make sure you arms fall free with the shocks not off. If they are binding two things could be the issue.

If using the adjustable rear mounts could be they are too tight. Back off the bottom rear screws 1/4 turn. Could be the swaybar is not set right. Check to make sure that is all working right.

Second make sure you don't over tighten the upper shock nut. It can compress the shock bushing and cause the shock to bind.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know folks do a lot of different things to lighten their SCTE... can you share a list of what you've done to lighten the truck. Benefits/trade-offs? Things you would do again or would not?

Just curious....

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
I use mine one hole short of all the way back. Does that make sense?

If we numbered the holes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 1 was all the way forward and 4 was all the way back, I am on number 3.

My truck is just under 6lbs RTR so your results may vary. But that is the way I have installed it and haven't felt the need to move it.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Have any of you guys that dont own the mip kit tried just the pistons? Read bigsquidrc.com's review on the kit and they said the pistons make the shocks pretty close to perfect. What hole pistons should i use and what oil?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical
I know folks do a lot of different things to lighten their SCTE... can you share a list of what you've done to lighten the truck. Benefits/trade-offs? Things you would do again or would not?

Just curious....
I bought the kit as the roller and got pretty much all the hop-ups from the outset so I only had to rebuild the truck once. I just recently changed the stock chassis to a KingHeadz since at the time I got the roller, I was still undecided on an aftermarket chassis.

My truck as the TLR tuning kit, I doubt there is a weight savings there, but if there is, it is slight.

I also have the TLR Titanium Screw Kit, all six hardened/lightened outdrives, the alum 5/40 nuts from RC4Less, Lunsford Ti Turnbuckles, the TLR TiNitride Hinge Pins and shock shafts (not sure of material, but the hinge pins are lighter than stock).

I am also running the ape-rc.com Battery Tray and his hardened shims and diff bushings. I have a cut rear bumper, no nerf bars and a semi cut radio tray (still use all three posts for servo stability)

I never drove the truck before all the weight savings so I couldn't tell you whats worth it and what isn't but once you go this light the Ape-RC battery tray helps to give you better adjustability for balance.

If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't do much different. Maybe skip the HA shock bodies and TiNitride shock shafts if budget was a concern.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

casper thanx for the input much appreciated!! im gonna try this out 2day.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Can someone tell me when the TLR tuning kits started coming with the bleeder shock caps?? I was shocked when I opened my kit last night... but that was short lived when I realized there was only 3 shock cap o-rings in there

Can someone fill me in on the proper bleeding procedure for the shocks with the bleeder caps??

Also, can you guys tell me what size hinge pin reamer I would need for this truck?? Mine don't feel as free as I would like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.