Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak View Post
My new BCE chassis arrived last week and I thought I'd do a quick write-up, especially for those non-racer/non-basher types out there like me, which there seem more of lately...

The BCE was a comparatively big splurge for my limited hobby budget, but after hearing a lot about it from this forum, and considering it as also a durability upgrade I thought it was worth a try. The only other performance chassis that we have seen here in the flesh is the TLR one. I suspect someone might be buying the Kingshead one soon.

I bought it off BCE on eBay, and it arrived Down Under (Sydney, Australia) in less than a week via registered post. Awesome stuff. (Bill even threw in some shortened screws to get me started without a trip to the LHS - Thanks!).

Installation
This was a breeze, and the only inconvenience was that the large screw for the battery tray was not 100% aligned. I had heard of these issue before in this forum, and all I needed to do was loosen the other two screws, insert the remaining screw, then progressively tighten each one. BCE's comment on this was that the injection moulding of the battery tray seemed to have some tolerances from the factory and they had taken an average from quite a few trays. Not a showstopper, but took me around 5-10 minutes of fiddling around as I wasn't expecting the hitch.

The rest of the truck & running conditions
My truck is running - HW SCT Pro ESC, Tenshock SC411 4000KV, 15T, Nanotech 6600's, Hightec 7955TG Servo, 5-7-3 diff fluids, Proline Caliber Medium Tyres, HD outdrives on all diffs, swiss chesse battery tray, and everything else stock ARR standard.

The track is an outdoor 1:10 scale track which is firm dry or sometimes damp clay with several hairpins, a double and a triple. The only thing I changed from the last run was the chassis and left the rest of the setup identical.

The Performance
The lighter weight was immediately noticeable with faster steering response, and a change in the weight distribution. My heavier batteries (in the middle battery tray position) made the tail more responsive (which I like) whereas my lighter low-performance batteries (Zippy 4000mah) were less affected in comparison to the stock chassis. The truck tended to flip over a bit easier whilst I was learning to control the car - maybe the quicker changes of direction? Maybe less weight low down?

There is a double that leads straight into a triple and previously I only just made the triple if I concentrated on the lead up (landing a double perfectly so that it became part of the run up to the triple) and several bad landings (usually smacking the chassis hard on the approach face of the third hump) on the stock chassis ended up bending the stock chassis to the point the front centre driveshaft would pop out from the centre diff outdrive. I straightened it a couple of times, but it would recur. With the BCE I can now clear the triple quite easily with a less than perfect run-up, and sometimes when I got it wrong the BCE has not bent at all. It is now possible to even totally clear the landing of the triple. (purely for comparison, friends with the 4600KV can clear all of this easily and get much bigger air).

All in all I am extremely happy so far after 90 minutes of continuous use. I'm quite sure I am faster and finding the handling better (never timed my laps, but seem to be able to run closer with some other drivers that used to outpace me significantly) and am just working on setting up the truck to cope with the reduced weight and/or other handling characteristics.

I have absolutely no experience with the other chassis apart from stock, so don't want to ignite the war. I'm very happy with my purchase for my purposes. If I ever need to change a chassis again I would probably try another brand (unless BCE comes out with a further refinement), but that isn't due to dissatisfaction at all (at least not at this stage) - I would just want to see if there is any difference.

Anyway, the BCE is definitely a good place to start for people like me. Hope this review helps someone.

Below are some before/after photos for your viewing pleasure.
Just recently ordered another chassis for my other truck. These chassis are AMAZING, and I dont think i would try anything else other then the mip.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
Just recently ordered another chassis for my other truck. These chassis are AMAZING, and I dont think i would try anything else other then the mip.
It's pretty fantastic if i do say so myself.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I've ran my hobbywing 150amp c-xerun esc in my scte for about a month now. It works well there are just a few finicky things about it. I get no reverse no matter how i program it. The lvc is set way too high on 2s batteries. I program it to cutoff at 3.4 and it'll cut it off at around 3.6-3.7. I fixed this by programming it for 3.2 volts and it cutsoff correctly now. It is a very good esc, just a little to big, and the programming kinks. The esc was really made for higher cell counts. If you're running 2s try the sct pro. It works great unless you get water on it or plug your batteries in wrong.(friends did that, not me)
Thx for info. I may have to try the sct pro.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
Thx for info. I may have to try the sct pro.
Yeah still a great esc. Just not as practical as the sct-pro for the scte. If i had an 8th scale electric i wouldn't hesitate to put it in.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Please explain the cut radio box and battery tray mods.
You can just drill holes in the battery tray (try to avoid the screw mounts and the plastic ridge).

Here is are two more extreme versions of the battery tray mod in another forum, and of a person who frequents this forum - (Chris, please PM me if you want me to remove this post):

And one of the radio box mod:
Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?&C=CGE&V=INT
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
is integy or promatch the only place to get the Ip batteries?
When I ran those, I used RCMart.com with good success.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOE View Post
Maybe use oil instead of water apparently it's a secret since no one offering any help.
lol.. no joke.. i just dont know what to do with it.. so i went back to the regular stuff.. for now..
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Losi 17-IN-1 Tool Kit LOSB4606

Will this tool kit fit all the screws on my Losi TEN SCTE?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
Losi 17-IN-1 Tool Kit LOSB4606

Will this tool kit fit all the screws on my Losi TEN SCTE?
Yes , and then some .....
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
so, i was going to put the updated low friction orings in the shocks, from the 22 buggy. however, i couldnt get the dang thing built correctly. first.. when i put a shim in there, it squished the oring enough where the shaft wouldnt fit.

so i put a thinner shim. and it just leaked like a busted water line. not sure what all you guys are doing to get them to work.. but dang..
Go back to the stock o-rings that don't leak!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default chassis up grade?

Has any one used the Xtreme Carbone Fiber set up? What's the durability like, etc.

Opinions on best upgraded chassis
Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich68 View Post
Has any one used the Xtreme Carbone Fiber set up? What's the durability like, etc.

Opinions on best upgraded chassis
I have the chassis and have been using it for several months and it is solid, and also makes the truck very light. I did a review with pics in ne of my previous review. If you use the search function, im sure you will be able to find it.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

My MIP came in this week @ the shop!!! Gonna start that build on a seperate truck so I can still race. Hopefully have it done for the 11th Annual Race Against Cancer in Sept here in PA!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Whoohaa! for a minute there, this thread drop clean right off of the top page!
That was a close one! lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.