Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
SC is far from dead as im sure you kno and prolly meant to word alittle different BUT why not try to bring something into SC since LOSI was the only one w/o a nitro short course truck as im sure AE might be working on a 4wd nitro if the 2wd does well enough

AE has the new SC10GT
Traxxas has the Slayer
Losi - NADA til now
Yeah, I just worded it that way to get my point across. SCT is so hot right now, why not come out with something new/fresh? After all, the XXX platform is 15+ years old!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRL 13
Get the Losi or Traxxas serrated wheels nuts. They are less likely to back off.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ut-Set-6-Black

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-Nuts-Blue-4
+1
I think i paid under $5 for the basic shrome traxxas slash serrated wheel nuts and it was a package of 8 from my LHS
Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4skinz80
Drove the mip scte for the first time last night at our club race... I must say I was pretty impressed... Used Matt olsen's setup from I think sdrc or Jbrl... Cant remember... We race on a large outdoor track (leisure hours raceway) the truck handled very well... And jumped perfect... It's gonna be alot better with some tweeks... Went thru 2 fans... Due to the rx8 bieng mounted directly to the chassis... I'm gonna have to put some padding under it... Took 2nd in the Amain... Coulda maybe caught first if not for my esc over heating... Cheap ass tekin fans
You can use a piece of lexan to make sure the fan doesnt break. Put it between the fan and the grill. Cut the hole just slightly smaller than the blades. The fan jumps up and hit the grill, cause the blades to break off. This will prevent the fan blades from hitting it.

Just curious, did you build the shocks with the blue disc on the top or the bottom of the piston itself?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ach86
Can anyone tell me or show me via picture exactly what they are gluing in the diffs. I am getting ready to tear these down and clean along with the installation of the GMK hardbody shims and new gaskets and o rings.

I didn't mark the other one, but glue both of those in.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks for all the replies, this will help a ton! I don't really have to much issues with leaking but just in case.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK

I didn't mark the other one, but glue both of those in.
rc phreak that arrow is pure abstract art lol
Old 07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I have seen a few guys running a conversion on theirs months back it actually looked pretty good on the track
Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

yea, i was goin that route as mine was the 810 buggy but decided to sell my Sl4sh due to all the BS maintenance and but a motor/esc combo and the rest to complete the conversion over to BL
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sierrahotel
rc phreak that arrow is pure abstract art lol
haha! did it on my phone!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRL 13
It looks like a cool truck, just dont think its gonna sell. Bushless/lipo are killing nitro....hell I can out run most of the nitro cars at my local track with the SCTE/Revtech 4800...haha.

I was hoping for a revised SCTE or a 22SCT. I made my own 22SCT with the RCRD chassis so Losi can take all the time they want...not gonna buy one now.

Just seems like they are trying to revive dead classes instead of extending their dominance in current classes...first they release the 22T, now the nitro SCT, so if all goes as planned...they will release the 22SCT in a few more years when SCT is completely dead or dieing.

Losi has been and still is my preferred brand. I am not bashing them, just a little confused about the types of vehicles they are releasing.
"out running" the nitro's isn't what it's about. Running nitro is a completely different experience. It's a blast and is actually more fun when it comes down to it. More realistic, longer races, and takes more driver skill.

There isn't a 1/10 SC nitro class, what they are doing is new. Racing 45mins instead of 10min with our trucks would be insane IMO.

Nitro is still a huge draw and always will be
Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420
You can use a piece of lexan to make sure the fan doesnt break. Put it between the fan and the grill. Cut the hole just slightly smaller than the blades. The fan jumps up and hit the grill, cause the blades to break off. This will prevent the fan blades from hitting it.
Wouldn't that severely limit airflow/cooling ability of the fan?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quick question: What WT does the Roller Diff's come with in them from the factory?

Has anyone seen the Nitro version in person? I just watched 2 video's and I can't freakin weight!!! To bad it will be coming out so close to indoor season for us northreners!!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by larlev
"out running" the nitro's isn't what it's about. Running nitro is a completely different experience. It's a blast and is actually more fun when it comes down to it. More realistic, longer races, and takes more driver skill.

There isn't a 1/10 SC nitro class, what they are doing is new. Racing 45mins instead of 10min with our trucks would be insane IMO.

Nitro is still a huge draw and always will be
depends on where you live becuz around here....nitro stuff doesnt sell and my LHS quit selling anything nitro wise. I know we are small area and if it was a bigger area he might sell some but right now he told me he wont order anything nitro to sit on his shelfs unless someone pays for it first and it sits til them come get it....Thats actually how i got a deal on my 810(now SCTE) becuz it sat there for so long and my buddy has an 8ight on lay-away for a good price also since it didnt sell either.

Originally Posted by spider882009
Quick question: What WT does the Roller Diff's come with in them from the factory?

Has anyone seen the Nitro version in person? I just watched 2 video's and I can't freakin weight!!! To bad it will be coming out so close to indoor season for us northreners!!!!
Its grease in the diffs and im not sure how or if anyone would know what its similar to and i pretty much had the nitro version w/o added weight of the ROSS and new waterproof battery/servo tray and it moves pretty good but for the price its up there...i got my 810 for under $400 new before they dropped it to $320 then a few months later discontinued it.

Plus the gears for the bell housing screwed on so you were limited in changing gears(or not at all in this case since there was only 1 gear made for that motor). But now that its a bigger chassis there might be more room for a .21 or larger on there if someone wanted more options but the TEN-T and 810 chassis's are smaller so there was no room. Plus at $30/gal a 20% nitro its kinda expensive for a broke ass like myself when i have $70 into 2 batteries and been running for a year plus
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spider882009

All the diffs come stock with grease.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by goehm
Wouldn't that severely limit airflow/cooling ability of the fan?
you put a hole in the middle of the lexan slightly smaller than the fan blade overall diameter so air can still flow thru but still have a lip to prevent the fan from hitting the grille.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.