Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
I disagree, if someone is looking for a SCTE to by it is VERY easy to search for that keyword in the classifieds. The only time I will agree with the search function on this site........
Yeah the search feature sucks when you try and use it on a mobile device. I cannot stress enough how much better it would be if they had an app or a mobile version of the site.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwhiteknight View Post
you are the man, that is exactly what happen to me, traction rolling . How do I correct the truck, should I go for the shorter steering link?
HAHA, well hopefully someone can help with that but all i can say is to try to get the truck as low as you can, and cut back on how much the truck turns becz it doesnt need to be maxed out as that strains the steering servo if your EPA isnt adjusted right and look at how these racer set-ups are(something i need to do also) and see how they have all the links and whatever set as what they have will be very close to where you want as long as you go with the track set-up that is most similar to what your gonna be on but otherwise hopefully someone can help you out more on the steering

And VW, i agree but i dont becuz that damn search button doesnt always work right and its like that on all forums and you can punch in what you want, what forum, if its a thread or just a post and yet it still doesnt find it sometimes(not all the time).
I use it alot and i would say 75% of the time it works right but sometimes it doesnt but atleast this pertains to the truck becuz it is a SCTE and they are selling 1 and unlike here lately some things that get tossed around should be in ther thread but it happens and just like that, if i dont want to read about whatever drama is goin on i just scroll past, and will do the same if its for sale as im not looking but someone that is on the fence about buying one, knows a friend looking(but doesnt go to classifieds themselfs), whatever may see it and pass it on..thats why i said make it quick and not a 3 paragraph story like i am no just blabbing on and like most people they will skip over this as i would myself, lol!

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Yeah the search feature sucks when you try and use it on a mobile device. I cannot stress enough how much better it would be if they had an app or a mobile version of the site.
Oh man, dont go there....i saw a thread about that in the tech side and it got pretty weird over this going mobile as they are against it here on RCT
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

my ride height is 27mm and servo EPA is adjusted and reduced to avoid binding. I can not fingure it out why my truck is doing this.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also lost steering as a result too. Now my turn radius is very big
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
HAHA, well hopefully someone can help with that but all i can say is to try to get the truck as low as you can, and cut back on how much the truck turns becz it doesnt need to be maxed out as that strains the steering servo if your EPA isnt adjusted right and look at how these racer set-ups are(something i need to do also) and see how they have all the links and whatever set as what they have will be very close to where you want as long as you go with the track set-up that is most similar to what your gonna be on but otherwise hopefully someone can help you out more on the steering

And VW, i agree but i dont becuz that damn search button doesnt always work right and its like that on all forums and you can punch in what you want, what forum, if its a thread or just a post and yet it still doesnt find it sometimes(not all the time).
I use it alot and i would say 75% of the time it works right but sometimes it doesnt but atleast this pertains to the truck becuz it is a SCTE and they are selling 1 and unlike here lately some things that get tossed around should be in ther thread but it happens and just like that, if i dont want to read about whatever drama is goin on i just scroll past, and will do the same if its for sale as im not looking but someone that is on the fence about buying one, knows a friend looking(but doesnt go to classifieds themselfs), whatever may see it and pass it on..thats why i said make it quick and not a 3 paragraph story like i am no just blabbing on and like most people they will skip over this as i would myself, lol!

Oh man, dont go there....i saw a thread about that in the tech side and it got pretty weird over this going mobile as they are against it here on RCT
What do you mean by "pretty weird"? Don't want to want to upset any moderators and gat banned or anything for complaining.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwhiteknight View Post
I also lost steering as a result too. Now my turn radius is very big
Servo saver( blue nut ) locktight it down all the way and back it off a turn or two!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
I agree that someone can post they are selling it on here...BUT, do it once, make it short and sweet and post the link in yer post to the thread in the FOR SALE, but dont just post it on here and not the Classifieds since you will most likely get more action there anyways
he had no link, price, pics, detailed info, etc. Basically wasnt following forum rules and was spamming the thread. Dumb IMO. Tech forums are for tech, classifieds are for selling. If those rules are followed...less spam and less posts with people bitching (like this post...haha).
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcbudny View Post
I agree with the OP, I've got a friend looking for a nice SCTE, so he hit his intended market with his for sale post. No harm in letting a thread dedicated to SCTE's know there's a nice one for sale.
...+ 1
I have been with this truck since it`s 1st release and been on this thread from then on!!It has always been a brotherhood of all things SCTE!!Throwing up a complaint about a guy posting his SCTE is way more useless than the OP by far!! Guys have been here a month or so and now act like they own the thread.If its SCTE Related from talk about someone who used to be very relevant to many here or this guys post,some of You need to go drive Your Toy car more and quit Whining!!!Useless post #50000 Over!!!! Enjoy your night!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default HOT ROD

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Anyone using an upgraded chassis, what are the benefits between the long torque bar vs a short one in the rear?
THE TORQUE ROD HELPS MAKE THE CHASSIS STIFFER/ MORE RESPONSIVE
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

spam on!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
...+ 1
I have been with this truck since it`s 1st release and been on this thread from then on!!It has always been a brotherhood of all things SCTE!!Throwing up a complaint about a guy posting his SCTE is way more useless than the OP by far!! Guys have been here a month or so and now act like they own the thread.If its SCTE Related from talk about someone who used to be very relevant to many here or this guys post,some of You need to go drive Your Toy car more and quit Whining!!!Useless post #50000 Over!!!! Enjoy your night!
word!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Balanced truck

I really enjoy this truck and I got it to where I really like it. Since the MIP kit came out, and with the pictures of left to right balance and forward to back balance pics between stock truck and the MIP truck, I've been experimenting with how to get the most balanced car. What I didn't like about the MIP kit is the diagonal balance. Although the pics suggest the MIP kit is better balanced than stock, the truth is that based on the pics that have come out, the MIP kit is still tweaked.

With the ride height set, I put my truck on the scales, and this is about as perfect as I can get it. I'm curious as to how the tweak is on your truck and what are you doing to get better balance. Also curious with how your front to back weight balance is. As you can see, I put weights in the rear of my truck because it just didn't feel as planted as I would like. I also removed the receiver box and placed the receiver behind the motor. I think this thing would be perfect if I could easily move the motor back a few mm (hint hint for you aftermarket chassis manufacturers - yeah, MIP had a good idea moving the motor back).

If you can't read it the weights are: RL(700.7 g) RR(689.4 g) FL(660.6 g) FR(682.1). 6 lbs w/o body and the truck feels dialed.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
I think this thing would be perfect if I could easily move the motor back a few mm (hint hint for you aftermarket chassis manufacturers - yeah, MIP had a good idea moving the motor back).
Couldn't you reverse the front and rear center shafts and drill 4 new holes to push the motor back? Seems like you'd get a different weight distro and still keep stock parts in use (so you don't have to worry about getting replacement parts).

Food for thought.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Servo saver( blue nut ) locktight it down all the way and back it off a turn or two!!!
servo saver is tight all the way, it driving me mad that my inside wheel is turning less than the outside with any load on tires or not.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Couldn't you reverse the front and rear center shafts and drill 4 new holes to push the motor back? Seems like you'd get a different weight distro and still keep stock parts in use (so you don't have to worry about getting replacement parts).

Food for thought.
can not do that, I tried. The front chassis brace is in the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.