Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scotty-j
question for you guys in the know about electronics. I run a RX8 and pro 4 4600 in my scte. I have been running the nanotech 6000 and 6600 batteries. Every so often the wire un-solders itself from the plug that goes into the battery, actually melts the solder. The battery terminals have also gotten hot and melted the plastic case on the battery, not all the way through the plastic but enough to bulge a little in the plastic case. When I run the truck, the motor never gets above 165-170 degrees and the truck has plenty of power and runs fine.

any ideas? I know plenty of guys run these batteries but I have not seen anyone local to me have this issue. Im about to try a better battery in hopes that maybe my system is just drawing more than these batteries can deliver.
Ive had the same problem on our outdoor track when it gets loose. Its the high C rating that will do it. You can lower the current limit on the rx8 to 65-70% or use a lower C rated battery. I have a 40c 5300mah battery just for that reason.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
I'd recommend the 4700 kv 4 pole HW. As fat as the SCTE is the extra power is needed over the 400 kv, IMO. As was recommended, the Xerun SC Pro ESC is a good one. The below ESC seems to get good recommendations also:

http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_113.html
Originally Posted by TCCustoms
+2

I run the SCT Pro and the 4700kv and its great...just tooling around the house and running it hard and doin speed runs(creates heat) and my motor has never been over 160* and 140* at our track.

And their customer support is pretty good, very pleased with them!
I still have to recommend going w/ the 4k reguardless of track size we have a huge track and even all of the pro's have swapped to the xerun 4000 as well. The pro's at CRC making this choice does say something, since CRC is one of if not the main distribs for hobbywing usa now. Keep in mind the 4k will also be much more usable on small tracks as well, not just the super large. If you gear even the 4k too high temps don't even come into play before making it through a full amain does as it has that much power it just sucks the lipo dry With a 15t pinion nobody was making it through the long mains at pro-series races, everyone limited or dropped down to 14t to make it w/o a LVC.

question for you guys in the know about electronics. I run a RX8 and pro 4 4600 in my scte. I have been running the nanotech 6000 and 6600 batteries. Every so often the wire un-solders itself from the plug that goes into the battery, actually melts the solder. The battery terminals have also gotten hot and melted the plastic case on the battery, not all the way through the plastic but enough to bulge a little in the plastic case. When I run the truck, the motor never gets above 165-170 degrees and the truck has plenty of power and runs fine.

any ideas? I know plenty of guys run these batteries but I have not seen anyone local to me have this issue. Im about to try a better battery in hopes that maybe my system is just drawing more than these batteries can deliver.
Originally Posted by suby723
Ive had the same problem on our outdoor track when it gets loose. Its the high C rating that will do it. You can lower the current limit on the rx8 to 65-70% or use a lower C rated battery. I have a 40c 5300mah battery just for that reason.
The hw xerun 4000kv w/ walks away from the tekin 4600 rx8 combo on the track and there is no issue w/ desoldering plugs on a nano-tech (I run them as well as a few others I know). I must say I sold my rx8 after using the hw sctpro and v3 120a esc's but that's another story (just a better esc on this truck imo, being cheaper is nice too). Past that... plugs don't desolder under regular conditions (no drive train issues bad bearings, check motor bearings too, etc), so that said use a hotter iron and get a better joint or have someone hit it that can do that for you. If you are seeing temps off the lipo over 130-138 range you have other problems to fix. PS I run orion carbon pro's as well w/o issues, it's not the lipo most likely.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
dtr
Tech Master

for those running the nanotech packs...if im looking to get bullets do you kno if the port on the battery will handle a 18mm long bullet plug?
Yes, the holes are about 19mm deep.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thank you...trying to get stuff around for when they get here! Says they shipped but not showing anything with Swiss yet
Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Just got home from the track after running my MIP SCTE. The race was rained out but did have a chance to run the truck in 1 qual before the rain came down.

The truck is DIALED. Turned on a dime, rotates a little too much, but im sure i can fix that. The truck flies WONDERFULLY. The nose is lighter now, by A LOT. You can feel it that its much easier to correct in the air.

Im using Matt's setup and its perfect for my track. I am at 553, where his setup calls for 573. I might try the 7k in the center later on.

The kit is the real deal, completely changes the scte from what you know it as now. It stills feels planted but its almost a half a pound lighter.

Minus a few small issues with the install and the fit of some of the parts, the truck is great.
All the good things I've heard about the MIP setup I went ahead and dropped the hammer on one. Ordered one off of ebay out of North Carolina, $189 shipped. Going to rebuild the entire truck when I change it over.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you are using the cage style bullet connectors they will heat up and melt battery cases and solder, use the Castle type. I use them and have had no more problems with melting.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=8ight-e;10950240]I still have to recommend going w/ the 4k reguardless of track size we have a huge track and even all of the pro's have swapped to the xerun 4000 as well. The pro's at CRC making this choice does say something, since CRC is one of if not the main distribs for hobbywing usa now. Keep in mind the 4k will also be much more usable on small tracks as well, not just the super large. If you gear even the 4k too high temps don't even come into play before making it through a full amain does as it has that much power it just sucks the lipo dry With a 15t pinion nobody was making it through the long mains at pro-series races, everyone limited or dropped down to 14t to make it w/o a LVC.

+1 I knew this one guy at the track that had a tekin rx8-4600 combo and he sold it for the hobbywing set up! Now hes fast! lol

Last edited by dougo96; 07-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

for those running the nanotech packs...if im looking to get bullets do you kno if the port on the battery will handle a 18mm long bullet plug?
Would like to get the longest that fits so there is more surface area for the connections

AND....if you didnt know they are back in stock in the US
They must have gone fast, I just looked at the US Warehouse and it says the 6600's are out.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
They must have gone fast, I just looked at the US Warehouse and it says the 6600's are out.
they didn't have them in the US warehouse yesterday either.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's strange how some have this issue. I run 14 of the Nano's using the bullets that come in the box. Never had a single issue with desoldering...either in SCTE or ebuggy running 2x2 setup.
I wonder if they are using different solder at times?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Im sorry, i might have looked at the wrong one but I SWEAR i went under the US/CAN warehouse and even when doing the search the US flag was on the bottom becuz they price was $46 bux but i could have been wrong and apologize!

Plus i just ordered mine so of course i figured they would be in stock in the US now...lol
Old 07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
It's strange how some have this issue. I run 14 of the Nano's using the bullets that come in the box. Never had a single issue with desoldering...either in SCTE or ebuggy running 2x2 setup.
I wonder if they are using different solder at times?
Yeah me too. Don't know if it was just a bad solder joint. Mine haven't had any problems so far.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i lost a nano using the harness that came with it. melted the case and desoldered the post.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At this time I am running mmp speed control & 3800 kv mamba motor high tech
hs985mg servo futaba 2pl dsm radio. will the cc bec and see if that works.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Which connectors are you using? Don't use cheap connectors, bird cage style connectors, or the connectors that come with the batteries, especially if you have a high draw system. Cheap connectors will heat up and melt the battery casing.

I use these and haven't had any issues

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nectors-4-Male

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.