Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Are you seriously concerned with the weight of a little plastic part when you run the heaviest sct out there? The stock losi bumper is like a twig that snaps when you barely put any perssure on it. I don't know about you but i'm more concerned about protecting my $800 truck then a few grams of weight savings.
Dude what are you running into?In a year and a half I have not broken a front bumper but broke two of the little part that attaches to the diff case.Two in a year and a half!!!And adjusting ride ht is very important for racing ,but maybe not if your crashing into stuff all day I guess And for those of us that have shaved weight where we can it is all about grams taken off
Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Dude what are you running into?In a year and a half I have not broken a front bumper but broke two of the little part that attaches to the diff case.Two in a year and a half!!!And adjusting ride ht is very important for racing ,but maybe not if your crashing into stuff all day I guess And for those of us that have shaved weight where we can it is all about grams taken off
I am actually a very good driver and regularly make it into the a-mains at my track. I don't know what kind of speedbumps you have at you track but we actually have big jumps at ours. If a poorly molded stock front bumper can't take a hit then that's losi's problem.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Are you seriously concerned with the weight of a little plastic part when you run the heaviest sct out there? The stock losi bumper is like a twig that snaps when you barely put any perssure on it. I don't know about you but i'm more concerned about protecting my $800 truck then a few grams of weight savings.
I for sure don't run the heaviest SCT out there, and yes I am concerned about doubling the bumper weight at the nose of the truck. Weight outside the axles is a terrible place to add weight.

Until recently, I was using my stock bumper since the truck was unboxed and really the only problem it had was a fatigued upper mount so that the bumper sat inside the body a little bit.

I tried and am using the RPM and I think it's great for bashing, or moving cows out of the road. But for racing it gets a C, maybe a C+.

Perhaps I'd be worried about protecting my $800 truck if it was actually breaking with either bumper. But it isn't. So I chose not to double the weight of my bumper (so I cut the hell out of the RPM one, and now it's the same weight).
Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
I for sure don't run the heaviest SCT out there, and yes I am concerned about doubling the bumper weight at the nose of the truck. Weight outside the axles is a terrible place to add weight.

Until recently, I was using my stock bumper since the truck was unboxed and really the only problem it had was a fatigued upper mount so that the bumper sat inside the body a little bit.

I tried and am using the RPM and I think it's great for bashing, or moving cows out of the road. But for racing it gets a C, maybe a C+.

Perhaps I'd be worried about protecting my $800 truck if it was actually breaking with either bumper. But it isn't. So I chose not to double the weight of my bumper (so I cut the hell out of the RPM one, and now it's the same weight).
Feel free to post pics on how you cut your's. I will admit one thing it does hang up akwardly on the front of the body. Guess i just didn't notice because my body is at the end of it's life.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Feel free to post pics on how you cut your's. I will admit one thing it does hang up akwardly on the front of the body. Guess i just didn't notice because my body is at the end of it's life.
If you cut out the top rungs so that it's just a single edge (sort of like stock) it actually stops your body from snagging.

Here is a snapshot from just now - got back from the track a few hrs ago so truck is pretty dirty. Notice the aura of evil exuding from the front bumper.

Just kidding.

Edit: Quite frankly, in this setup I do like the RPM bumper, but it did take a bit of dremeling and step-bit drilling.
Quite a bit of work. That plastic IS tough and thick.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-bumper.jpg  
Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Hey guys need a little advice. I've been running the Pro4 4600 for a few months and I dont think its the motor for my driving style. I prefer a much smoother bottom end. My buddy was running a Reedy Sonic 4.5 taday in his sc10 4x4 and I grabbed the radio for a few laps and it had really nice power. Very smoothe but still had great top end and just right on the bottom. I was thinking of trying it in my Losi but I want to hear what you think would be better between the Orion 4.0 or the Reedy 4.0? My truck has all the TLR parts currently out on it,BCE chassis, and trimmed all the fat as well. I run the Brushlesshobbies 120 amp LT4 esc. Would like to hear some opinions please?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

If you cut out the top rungs so that it's just a single edge (sort of like stock) it actually stops your body from snagging.

Here is a snapshot from just now - got back from the track a few hrs ago so truck is pretty dirty. Notice the aura of evil exuding from the front bumper.

Just kidding.

Edit: Quite frankly, in this setup I do like the RPM bumper, but it did take a bit of dremeling and step-bit drilling.
Wow you did a lot of removal. Think i might go this route probably just start with the top. When i dremeled out the bottom channels, my dremel heated up quick cause the rpm plastic is tough.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like the aura of evil red glow around the demon bumper! LOL
Old 07-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default gstring

Just kidding.

that bumper looks like a gstring
Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default all out

Originally Posted by krits View Post
hey guys, been trying the Integy A-arms with the Tekno Driveshaft.. as could be seen @ pics - you must "mile your way" for them to fit together :

This is the top most angle with A-arm + Tekno outdrives :
wow you went all out. You must be winning all the races
Old 07-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Wow dude isnt all aluminum arms overkill for racing. Dont get me wrong they look sweet as hell,I would just worry about moving stress points around. Like they say "Somethings got to give"
Old 07-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
I detect a hint of sarcasm. Ps those shock boots look cool. Where do you get some?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Hey guys need a little advice. I've been running the Pro4 4600 for a few months and I dont think its the motor for my driving style. I prefer a much smoother bottom end. My buddy was running a Reedy Sonic 4.5 taday in his sc10 4x4 and I grabbed the radio for a few laps and it had really nice power. Very smoothe but still had great top end and just right on the bottom. I was thinking of trying it in my Losi but I want to hear what you think would be better between the Orion 4.0 or the Reedy 4.0? My truck has all the TLR parts currently out on it,BCE chassis, and trimmed all the fat as well. I run the Brushlesshobbies 120 amp LT4 esc. Would like to hear some opinions please?
I think that the tekin 4600 is a great motor and very smooth. Keep in mind that the sc10 4x4 has a completely different drive train. I think the smothness that you felt is that the sc10 has a clutch system that can make most motors feel smooth. The losi on the other hand can feeul punchy due to it not having a clutch.

See if your buddy will let you try his motor in your truck before spending the cash. That is my 2cents.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii View Post
I think that the tekin 4600 is a great motor and very smooth. Keep in mind that the sc10 4x4 has a completely different drive train. I think the smothness that you felt is that the sc10 has a clutch system that can make most motors feel smooth. The losi on the other hand can feeul punchy due to it not having a clutch.

See if your buddy will let you try his motor in your truck before spending the cash. That is my 2cents.

+1.
Comparing 2 different motors in 2 different trucks is probably not 100% accurate. A buddy of mine has the Losi & the sc10 both with the tekin 4600. He does feel the 4600 is too much on a tight technical indoor track. He's going to try the castle 3800 (in his sc10) which he feels has less bottom end punch so it will be smoother.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Various SCTE Sacriliges

Hi All,

OK, so there are various SCTE sacrileges that I am thinking of committing every so often for a bit of fun, and I was wondering if anyone can help...

1) Anyone got suggestions for some Drift tyres for 12mm hexes? (so no need to wrap tyres in tape)? Could be a bit of fun when I can't get to the track.

2) What is the difference between the 8ight and the 810 bodies? Which one fits the SCTE best?

Thanks!

(Probably makes a change from the great chassis debate...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.