Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

So far so good with my tlr chassis, it has taken some good licks too.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dano628 View Post
They are both good ! I have the TLR and love it . Two guys that race at my local track run the KH and are more than happy with their choice . The Bump and BCE are good chassis also so really you can't go wrong with any of them . I love the way my truck handles and would buy the TLR again in a heartbeat . I hope that helps you .
we compared my BCE to the TLR chassis after the mains tonight. BCE is stiff as hell, and the TLR is flex city. You decide what you want. My lap times were almost the fastest of the night, my awful driving compared to the veterans.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
My first race outdoor with the truck tonight, started out by melting down a battery in the first heat, then came back to put in a fast lap .02 off the fastest of the night. Obviously I need to work on consistency. After the main all the others were admiring my BCE chassis and APE tray, guess the cat is out of the bag.......
I get the same , i put nice red velcro straps on her too boot lol sll the bling its practically not a losi anymore , eek Stiil need to stay off power n roll to turns to be better
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

we compared my BCE to the TLR chassis after the mains tonight. BCE is stiff as hell, and the TLR is flex city. You decide what you want. My lap times were almost the fastest of the night, my awful driving compared to the veterans.
I guess that is why they call it a tuned flex huh ?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

I guess that is why they call it a tuned flex huh ?
yeah, tell me about the "tuned" part.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

They are both good ! I have the TLR and love it . Two guys that race at my local track run the KH and are more than happy with their choice . The Bump and BCE are good chassis also so really you can't go wrong with any of them . I love the way my truck handles and would buy the TLR again in a heartbeat . I hope that helps you .
Ok thanks for the input. Is flex better or stiffness? Sorry if a stupid question
I like the King Headz for the fact less stress on drive lines.
If I do TLR will probably get Torque Rod aswell
Old 06-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

personally I like stiff, I was just off the fastest lap of the night my first race outside on dirt with my BCE chassis. And that is with never driving the track and no setup on the truck. The TRL chassis guys were admiring the stiffness of my BCE after the main, and I am still running stock chassis braces.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
Ok thanks for the input. Is flex better or stiffness? Sorry if a stupid question
I like the King Headz for the fact less stress on drive lines.
If I do TLR will probably get Torque Rod aswell
It depends on what you want . I am running the torque rod also it really lets it rotate .
Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I've had three different scte now.

my first 1 had a BCE and I had problems getting it to turn.

My 2nd was stock chassis and it flowed pretty good only 3-3-2 Tlr Tuning kit

This is my 3rd just got it at hobby shop so I plan on dialing this one in so I'm wanting something that will handle good
Old 06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anybody know where i can purchase an ape rc battery tray for my truck? Went to their website and can't get it to load. They really need to get it fixed. Really need a link for this item.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It depends on what you want . I am running the torque rod also it really lets it rotate .
It is what You want correct!!Some may prefer one over the other because it suits their driving style better.If You can run other peoples truck and compare those chassis and then decide

yeah, tell me about the "tuned" part.
No need to bag on the Losi chassis in order to promote the BCE,Its quality and performance speak for itself.The whole chassis war thing is so played out and by bagging on other chassis makes people not want to buy brand -x- so to speak.I have had my comments before as well but have figured out it only causes friction in the thread!!Talk up the positives of Your chassis and leave it at that!!

Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
I've had three different scte now.

my first 1 had a BCE and I had problems getting it to turn.

My 2nd was stock chassis and it flowed pretty good only 3-3-2 Tlr Tuning kit

This is my 3rd just got it at hobby shop so I plan on dialing this one in so I'm wanting something that will handle good
The BCE really needs to run the stock chassis braces or it wants to push in the corners..OK now on to My race night!!!A few of fast guys are out if town for a big race elsewhere so it was kinda a slow night.(THE) FAST GUY at my track did show up tonight and I was right there with him for the 1st time ever!I ran the fastest I have ever run on our current layout. Our Uber fast guy in quals ran 16- 5:10.82 and I ran 16- 5:13.66 In the main He ran 22-7:08.50 and I ran 22-7:12.43!!I usually only run 21 laps but it just was clicking in the Main!!Truck and Me just seem to be getting better every week!!So Happy to be able to run anywhere near this guy and almost had him!Man what a night!!Love My SCTE!!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
haha, nice...Where'd you get yours? Im ready for longer run times and got sick of waiting for them to come in stock so i ordered international even tho i dont like too. Sooooo in other words i will be selling my gens ace 7.4v 5000mah 40c direct wired ones if anyone cares but will be waiting to actually ship until i my new Nanobaby's
I bought my first set International and the second set USA store - International is somewhat slow but you eventually get what you ordered - USA is about 1 day longer than A Main or any of the other major online folks.

Originally Posted by rcracenut View Post
I hope you have better luck than I had with Nanos. I ordered 6. They had excellent power and punch. Had 2 go bad after only 2 months. One puffed and the other melted the positive connector. Gearing was perfect. Motor and esc never went over 135. Voltage cut off was always properly set. Sent them into Turnigy and they responded "30 day warranty". So sad, too bad. If thats all these batteries can be expected to last, I will pay the extra and get service.I sold the other Nanos. Im back to Maxamps. When I had a battery out of warranty (3 years) Max amps offered a new one at 70% of cost. That wasnt even offered after only 2 months with Turnigy. My bad. I learned you get what you pay for.
I think that truely it's the 'luck of the draw' with any LiPo - there are bad ones out there and it desont' seem to matter who's label is on them. BUT, from my expience and the much larger scope of experience of those on this and other sites, warrently is probably going to be hit or miss. There are those who post on forums of their problems with some of the largest and best known LiPo producers/labelers. And, I think most of this boils down to circumstance and the amount of time you have owned the product. It's always a 'crap shoot'.... AND, I firmly believe that many of the problems that are blamed on batteries are actually high resistance connectors/solder jobs which heat up the connection &/or packs. I've been paying more attention to mine lately (ok, since I began running E 1/8) and the connectors REALLY make a difference. I'm dumping ALL of my 'bird cage' connectors in favor of those that mave a larger contact surface; and as a rusult, pack temps and wire temps have gone down a LOT.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I beat guys running the bce all day with my bump chassis and long brace, you decide what that means ;P I use to own a BCE sold it and kept the bump chassis, you can also deceide what that means Thats funny, a stiff chassis doesn't = a win.. some tracks may like the flex of the losi and by the way if you run the long brace on the losi it's pretty darn stiff Reason I don't recommend the losi isn't the flex characteristics.. it's the nitro cut outs that make it much easier to break the chassis. I've seen one and another guy I know well also had one break. Typically it fractures around the center where it is the weakest. Lots of guys drive it with no issues, but if you have a hit just right on the center you can cause damage.

Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I think that truely it's the 'luck of the draw' with any LiPo - there are bad ones out there and it desont' seem to matter who's label is on them. BUT, from my expience and the much larger scope of experience of those on this and other sites, warrently is probably going to be hit or miss. There are those who post on forums of their problems with some of the largest and best known LiPo producers/labelers. And, I think most of this boils down to circumstance and the amount of time you have owned the product. It's always a 'crap shoot'.... AND, I firmly believe that many of the problems that are blamed on batteries are actually high resistance connectors/solder jobs which heat up the connection &/or packs. I've been paying more attention to mine lately (ok, since I began running E 1/8) and the connectors REALLY make a difference. I'm dumping ALL of my 'bird cage' connectors in favor of those that mave a larger contact surface; and as a rusult, pack temps and wire temps have gone down a LOT.
EC5 connectors iMO are the only choice on large 1/8, again just an opinion but I agree running these I have had ZERO battery issues in 4 years, prior to that running deans and traxxas I had several pack problems with virtually the same amount of demand on them.

With 1/10, your best bet is to avoid plugs all together, run bullet style lipo's and put the plugs right on the ESC and make sure you have wire contact and a good solder joint.. My SCTE even with high demand seems to run cooler (esc and lipo) and better than many other people and I feel this is part of the reason.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So if the ec5 connectors are good on 1/8 should I switch to that and get rid of the trx connectors? I have 2 gens ace I like but was goin 2 sell to get away from direct wire packs and change to direct off the esc with the bullets on the end and sell the GA batteries

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.