Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
Does anybody know the part number for the screws than go through the rear bumper, suspension holder and diff housing on the bottom? I'm looking at the exploded view and they don't have a part number next to them.
Thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by cstoeltzing View Post
If I wasn't driving side by side with him when this happened I wouldn't believe it...neither one of us could remember him doing anything out of the ordinary or having any insane crashes...strange!
Yeah it was redicilous. No biggie, got the original chassis at the house, changing stuff over now, hopefully dont screw it up! lol

AND CRAIG SATURDAY RACE NOW!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socal90 View Post
Hey Guys,
Does anybody know the part number for the screws than go through the rear bumper, suspension holder and diff housing on the bottom? I'm looking at the exploded view and they don't have a part number next to them.
Thanks
LOSA6198
Old 06-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

OK so now on to a new topic lol....

How do we tell if the springs have lost their bounce?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, this is pretty interesting!!! New Sabertooth Wheels by Avid for our beloved Losi SCTE!!! Let's face it, pretty much every aftermarket wheel has had some weird issues, DE's are too soft, Relux's break, Proline's rub etc. So we've been pretty much reliant upon the stock Losi wheels which have worked great! But some of us like to run different colored wheels, Now there's a new option! Who's gonna be first to dye the white wheels Blue or Red? Personally, I'll probably stick with the stock wheels because I love to run the Yellow Beadlocks like you see in my avatar, but sure is nice to have some other options out there!

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012...course-wheels/

Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
There's been a lot of talk surrounding the kingheads center diff duall ball bearing upright. Does anybody actually own one? Thinking once i get my stampede sold, (bye bye last basher i own) i'll get one for my truck. Does the dual ball bearing actually fix the outdrive wobble completely? I've become used to it and have seen no extra wear on my outdrives. Just wondering if it's really worth the $30. Is it a necesity or a luxury?
It is the single best thing I have done on my truck, regaurdless of price, and I have a lot into my truck. Now if somebody would just come up with a way to do something about the wobble on the other 5 outdrives..........
Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Digging the looks of the new avid wheels. Are they holding up on the track?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thinking of getting new pistons. What are the best for large outdoor track.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
I have no idea! lol! It drove just fine, steering a little off. Im not sure that I hit anything, I didnt even hit the pipes. Just going around the track. When I brought it back in I lifted it up by the front bumper and it almost fell off.

Here is the result of...who knows!

Was that screw behind the diff already loose like in the photo or did you loosen it after it broke?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Can anyone send me the link for the MIP setup again? And the Avid Wheels are sweet, but are the holding up??? PM me please if possible!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Well, this is pretty interesting!!! New Sabertooth Wheels by Avid for our beloved Losi SCTE!!! Let's face it, pretty much every aftermarket wheel has had some weird issues, DE's are too soft, Relux's break, Proline's rub etc. So we've been pretty much reliant upon the stock Losi wheels which have worked great! But some of us like to run different colored wheels, Now there's a new option! Who's gonna be first to dye the white wheels Blue or Red? Personally, I'll probably stick with the stock wheels because I love to run the Yellow Beadlocks like you see in my avatar, but sure is nice to have some other options out there!

Way ahead of you ! Got my wheels in yesterday and am dyeing the white set later today . I will say these have the stiffest centers yet ! No flex at all , hopefully they are strong as well .
Old 06-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just got an email from HK.. they just got nano 's in if any of you need batteries. and when they run out,,, go with promatch they are better and local. jmo. also,. the avid wheels look like they might work,.. Please let us know how they hold up .
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I had an extreme wobble on one of my outdrives. I took the diff apart and upon further inspection the hole in the steel insert was off center ALOT! I will mic it and see how far off center it is. Granted my other outdrives are not as bad but I think the QC on these inserts is not there. I hope Ryan will announce the "new" product coming out for this truck and I hope it's diff related

BTW Ryan, I have been running the "new and improved" diff gears and they are still like butter after 30 packs. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post

The new Proline F11 wheels that are made for the SCTE work well too. No more rubbing issues.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
Just snapped the front end of my TLR Tuned Chassis straight off the buggy...

Even the LHS owner was impressed with my ability to snap it. Im still amazed, a little angry and dumbfounded.
DID you Sher off the two front screws noising it in a few jumps ? and or was it because of things coming loose ? I had to change my front diff case when the truck was new because the first time I opened it up to change fluids. I guess some plastics just have soft spots. just wondering ? bummer it happens. . so far in this thread this new losi chassis has had some issues. thin is good sometimes and then again LOL if you cant finish a race. and I think no matter how much you crash it should bend and give warning. OH. I forgot aluminum don't bend to good. what good is it ? my BCE is holding up. try one and see

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.