Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well This is my first post in here. I just switched from the Sc10 4x4 to the Scte. 2 weeks ago I ran my ft sc10 4x4 one heat and my freinds Scte the next heat, I finish 2 in my heat and 4th qualifying with my Sc10 should have one but made a dumb mistake. 2nd Heat I must note i have never driven a losi of any kind before. This truck was 100% stock even still had grease in the diffs. Took me a few laps to figure out how to get it around the track bit i ended up first and tq. That next week I listed my Sc10 4x4 on ebay and sold it. Picked up my First Losi Ever I have always been a Team Associated guy I thought I might catch on fire have the Losi Scte sitting next to me in the truck lol. Still sounds weird saying I own a losi, infact I just switched everything my truggy and buggy. Anyways last week we raced at our 1/10 scale track, came in 2nd both heats to one of the best drivers here (we have 3 Tlr drivers here) 2nd heat i kinda found my grove. I ended up qualifying 4th for the main. Main Starts I have someone drive through me in the first turn “go figure" drop back to 6th. But then I was on, picking off one after another. A min or two in i find myself in 2nd then I hear me friend calling for a TM. Before i know it I start to see in a few sec in front of me, as be come up on lap traffic it get even tighter pretty much bumper to bumper the rest of the race. He ended up winning by 2.1 sec "*@#^%" lol, I struggled to be consistent with my Sc10 4x4 but I have to admit I was super smooth and consistent with the Scte. I really like the truck and I sure hope my Truggy & Buggy drive the same.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Well This is my first post in here. I just switched from the Sc10 4x4 to the Scte. 2 weeks ago I ran my ft sc10 4x4 one heat and my freinds Scte the next heat, I finish 2 in my heat and 4th qualifying with my Sc10 should have one but made a dumb mistake. 2nd Heat I must note i have never driven a losi of any kind before. This truck was 100% stock even still had grease in the diffs. Took me a few laps to figure out how to get it around the track bit i ended up first and tq. That next week I listed my Sc10 4x4 on ebay and sold it. Picked up my First Losi Ever I have always been a Team Associated guy I thought I might catch on fire have the Losi Scte sitting next to me in the truck lol. Still sounds weird saying I own a losi, infact I just switched everything my truggy and buggy. Anyways last week we raced at our 1/10 scale track, came in 2nd both heats to one of the best drivers here (we have 3 Tlr drivers here) 2nd heat i kinda found my grove. I ended up qualifying 4th for the main. Main Starts I have someone drive through me in the first turn “go figure" drop back to 6th. But then I was on, picking off one after another. A min or two in i find myself in 2nd then I hear me friend calling for a TM. Before i know it I start to see in a few sec in front of me, as be come up on lap traffic it get even tighter pretty much bumper to bumper the rest of the race. He ended up winning by 2.1 sec "*@#^%" lol, I struggled to be consistent with my Sc10 4x4 but I have to admit I was super smooth and consistent with the Scte. I really like the truck and I sure hope my Truggy & Buggy drive the same.
Took You long enough!! JK,JK,JK!!!The truck is easy to drive fast!!!Which makes it that much funner to race!!Welcome to the DarkSide!!!!You will love it! Welcome to Losi!!!!!Cheers!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Just snapped the front end of my TLR Tuned Chassis straight off the buggy...

Even the LHS owner was impressed with my ability to snap it. Im still amazed, a little angry and dumbfounded.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I have to agree, I was "ALL KYOSHO" for the last 3 years, got my SCTE, and now I am all Losi! Got the 22T and now I will be working on getting another 22T and converting it to SCT...The new Losi rides are fantastic, enjoy!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Welcome to losi team losi. The truck can be made even better with all the tlr pieces, they really help alot over the artr truck. Now that sc10 will soon be replaced with a tlr 22sct!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

There's been a lot of talk surrounding the kingheads center diff duall ball bearing upright. Does anybody actually own one? Thinking once i get my stampede sold, (bye bye last basher i own) i'll get one for my truck. Does the dual ball bearing actually fix the outdrive wobble completely? I've become used to it and have seen no extra wear on my outdrives. Just wondering if it's really worth the $30. Is it a necesity or a luxury?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post

Even the LHS owner was impressed with my ability to snap it. Im still amazed, a little angry and dumbfounded.
Well Dumbfound us with the details of how this happened!!They may replace it!!They are pretty good bout that stuff!But come on ???Just going down the strait and hit a bump ??JK,JK Do Tell!!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Well Dumbfound us with the details of how this happened!!They may replace it!!They are pretty good bout that stuff!But come on ???Just going down the strait and hit a bump ??JK,JK Do Tell!!
I have no idea! lol! It drove just fine, steering a little off. Im not sure that I hit anything, I didnt even hit the pipes. Just going around the track. When I brought it back in I lifted it up by the front bumper and it almost fell off.

Here is the result of...who knows!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I have to agree, I was "ALL KYOSHO" for the last 3 years, got my SCTE, and now I am all Losi! Got the 22T and now I will be working on getting another 22T and converting it to SCT...The new Losi rides are fantastic, enjoy!
My 1st truck in 1990 was a Losi, SOO ,After my Slash to get me back in, I had to have the SCTE!!!!!!!One year ago Feb and it just keeps getting Better!!!and Bettr and Butter.. AND OH WELL GETN sLEEPY!!!!
BUTTER
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I agree if i hadn't gotten a good deal on a mugen truggy from one of my track buddies, I would be running an 8ight truggy. I'm so glad i started out racing with a losi. The easy handling of the truck really boosts confidence and improves driver skill. Won't be selling it anytime soon.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

I have no idea! lol! It drove just fine, steering a little off. Im not sure that I hit anything, I didnt even hit the pipes. Just going around the track. When I brought it back in I lifted it up by the front bumper and it almost fell off.

......WOW......
Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
Matt/MIP, I'm curious, do you have a list of parts that you actually use from the SCTE with your conversion? It might make more sense for those that want to go MIP or WANT A KIT to just buy the parts to go alongside the MIP conversion, rather than buying a full truck and converting it. At a quick glance, it seems like only some drive line components and mounts are retained for use.
Thanks for all the support guys

To answer your question, the components used from the Losi kit is as follows:

1. Complete front end except for tower
2. Complete center differential with motor mount
3. Complete rear end except for tower
4. All Drives

The MIP kit will retail in stores/online for around 200-210 and our site is MSRP 275. We encourage everyone to support local hobby shops and online stores Our site will have all the parts available individually as well (and horizon hobbies).

The advantages to the kit are simplicity of design/layout, almost half pound weight reduction, centralization of weight in the chassis, geometry change from the shock towers, and adjustability/tuning of bypass1 pistons, and you get all that in one package .

I can ramble on and on about the Pro4mance kit however you guys are the true judges of our products.

Again thanks for the welcome to the thread and keep the questions coming
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If I wasn't driving side by side with him when this happened I wouldn't believe it...neither one of us could remember him doing anything out of the ordinary or having any insane crashes...strange!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
There's been a lot of talk surrounding the kingheads center diff duall ball bearing upright. Does anybody actually own one? Thinking once i get my stampede sold, (bye bye last basher i own) i'll get one for my truck. Does the dual ball bearing actually fix the outdrive wobble completely? I've become used to it and have seen no extra wear on my outdrives. Just wondering if it's really worth the $30. Is it a necesity or a luxury?
One of my favorite upgrades. The wobble is practically gone.

Lot smoother and quieter. Before, the barrel and pin of the drive shaft, as well as the outdrive (even the HD), would wear pretty quick, not to mention the stress on the components from the vibration. Now, with the dual bearing upright, the pin on the dog bone is going first, but everything else is intact.

Tradeoff
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dang dude!!!! That's some serious damage.

Originally Posted by cstoeltzing View Post
If I wasn't driving side by side with him when this happened I wouldn't believe it...neither one of us could remember him doing anything out of the ordinary or having any insane crashes...strange!
WHen you gonna come up for a Saturday race?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.