Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
By the way, I'm on hold with horizon right now. They keep saying press 1 to get a call back. I'm driving fir the next 2 hours, so I wanna see how ling it takes.
All my pins are shot, my rear bumper is broken where the 2 screws hold it together, my rear center drive shaft is bent and a rear arm is broken right at where the hinge pin goes through to hold the upright in the rear arm.
Something seriously happened over seas because my Ten-T has none if these problems except the diff pins.
Oh and i have 6 packs through the SCTE (4 five minute Quals and 2 6 minute mains).

Well my phone decided to drop the call at the 52 minute mark. So I just calked back and did the call back option.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lonslo View Post
Don't get all worked up just sayin
I love how the Tebo/RCInsider drama started the "Just Sayin" fad! I see it all over RCTECH
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lonslo View Post
So explain how u broke the bumper and arm racing clean fast laps cause I couldn't find that research. I'm not saying your a hack or don't have any skills I'm just stating in general plastic parts break because of force caused but a crash. Yes we do crash from time to time and don't want things to break but I have tumbled this end over end and have found it to hold up extremely well. Don't get all worked up just sayin
If you have had 1 tumble, take a close look at the upper part of the rear bumper. You will see some stress in the plastic, guaranteed. Now look under the bumper where the 2 screws hold the bumper pieces together. See how thin that plastic is, maybe 2mm. It will break right there. The rear arm broke on the first turn of the first lap of it's life. No tumble, no crash. Just a clean snap. There had to be a bubble or something in there. Luckily I had some from Ten-T.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To all: I am glad you are seeking your own solutions and that is totally up to you. Each of you that has contacted me, losi, or horizon customer support either already have or will be taken care of this week with an interim set of pins. We will get our first batch of the final pins next week and go from there. Losi is and will remedy this as we ALWAYS do. Thank you for your patience.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ram4whldr View Post
I am about to purchase an ESC and motor for my SCTE. Ever since I had this truck in mind I was going to purchase the RX8/SC4 4.5 combo. The only problem I have is just about everyone here has been complaining about the heat issues. We run in 100 degree heat all summer. Can anyone give me any idea as to any other combo I should run or should I stick with the Tekin combo stated above?
Any input on my statement above?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Man feel bad for you guys i will wait till all these bugs are worked out !!!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Also, you all have seen me in here pretty much every day working as hard as I can to make things better. This is part of making a great vehicle. I am addressing the rear bumper and the rear arm. They both survived 6 foot drop testing and many many hours of driving testing. For 98% of the population, they should be good to go. Now, I do not say that to upset anyone as sometimes a part in a run may be a little weak and thats why it broke. But if I see an opportunity to make something stronger, than I'm all for it. I want this truck to take a beating for a long time to come and keep on dishing it out.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Keep your chin up Ryan. *MOST* of us can see that you did a great job and that you're continuing to work at it.

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Also, you all have seen me in here pretty much every day working as hard as I can to make things better. This is part of making a great vehicle. I am addressing the rear bumper and the rear arm. They both survived 6 foot drop testing and many many hours of driving testing. For 98% of the population, they should be good to go. Now, I do not say that to upset anyone as sometimes a part in a run may be a little weak and thats why it broke. But if I see an opportunity to make something stronger, than I'm all for it. I want this truck to take a beating for a long time to come and keep on dishing it out.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

One thing i have noticed as an engineer is that many of these vehicles were not engineered well. I will not get into specifics but i have redesigned many of these vehicles to adress the issues that should have been obvious in the testing phase of development. Unfortunetly its all about the pennies. I am not adressing Losi specifically, i am speaking about all the manufacturers.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

To all: I am glad you are seeking your own solutions and that is totally up to you. Each of you that has contacted me, losi, or horizon customer support either already have or will be taken care of this week with an interim set of pins. We will get our first batch of the final pins next week and go from there. Losi is and will remedy this as we ALWAYS do. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you Ryan. So the pins we are getting are temporary till the final pin comes out?

If so will we have to contact Losi and Horizon again for the final pin or will they ship out once available since you have our information.

Thank you!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I feel you are doing a great job. some ppl on this forum want things fixed yesterday. Which is understandable since they are excited about this truck but they have to realize that losi just doesn't pull parts out of there rear and ship them out. there is a process to make and get these parts to the US and sadly that takes time. Every manufacture has had problems with new releases, everyone seems to forget that and just think this new vehicle will come indestructible and be perfect. Everyone needs to calm down and wait for losi to get the new pins made and shipped. My guess should be no longer than a month. If you cant wait that long take the problem into your own hands and contract some other company to make you new pins. Squealing like lil school girls that lost there pink pencil before first hour on this forum isnt going to get you new pins.

Sorry for the rant but ppl need to get the picture that the problem will be fixed but it will take a while. Lets get this forum back to how the rest of the losi threads are, Helpful and cheery. Not a Bi*** fest.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Punt66 View Post
One thing i have noticed as an engineer is that many of these vehicles were not engineered well. I will not get into specifics but i have redesigned many of these vehicles to adress the issues that should have been obvious in the testing phase of development. Unfortunetly its all about the pennies. I am not adressing Losi specifically, i am speaking about all the manufacturers.
Punt, you have been asked many times to not comment on this forum and many other forums as you feel the need to promote your vehicle and your talents. While you may be a very knowledgable and talented person, our engineers do a pretty darn good job. And as far as testing, there is no other company that drops cars from 6-8 feet multiple times as well as numerous hours of testing. When parts are actually manufactured, sometimes they are off a bit, this happens. But the important thing is we take care of our customers. If you actually had made products, you would understand this too. Please leave.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Legend

Default Its Takes two to Tango

I'm sure these little bugs will be sorted out before
the Ae 4x4 is ready ..

Battle !!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

You are in here everyday making things right. I thank you for that.
Glad to hear about the fixs coming for the rear bumper and rear arm issues. I'm damn certain that the rear arms are plenty durable. It gas to be just a run of them that something happened. I've run my Ten-T for a while now with zero rear arm issues.
I'm waiting on Horizon to give me a call back on all this stuff. I really hope they don't tell me kick some bricks with the rear arm, the rear bumper and the rear center drive shaft. I'm all for replacing broken parts, but when something like this stuff happens, I'm not replacing them on my dime with a smile.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Punt, you have been asked many times to not comment on this forum and many other forums as you feel the need to promote your vehicle and your talents. While you may be a very knowledgable and talented person, our engineers do a pretty darn good job. And as far as testing, there is no other company that drops cars from 6-8 feet multiple times as well as numerous hours of testing. When parts are actually manufactured, sometimes they are off a bit, this happens. But the important thing is we take care of our customers. If you actually had made products, you would understand this too. Please leave.
Look for our products in the next short course magazine in april. This is a public forum. I am deep within this industry and i will contribute my experiences to fellow racers. They should know others opinions other then the manufacturers. By the way, the losi looked good at the races last fridsy. A bit unstable with the jumps but a losi did finish second in the A main behind ours

Ps. During racing alone, trucks jump, crash and are beat on much more then a 6-8 foot drop. You guys have a nice truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.