Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
There was one guy who was on here schilling their stuff and he hadn't even gotten his first screw set yet.
I know what you mean, you really can't talk about this with any authority until you've gotten a few screws under your belt. I still remember the first day I got my first screw.

That was a great day.

Wait .. what are we talking about now?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by goehm
I know what you mean, you really can't talk about this with any authority until you've gotten a few screws under your belt. I still remember the first day I got my first screw.

That was a great day.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default ti-nitride

Are these really worth it? Hinge pins and shock shafts
Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastford
If you like it smother then yes.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chucko
Any problems with it wearing off?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
LOSB0127 - Losi TEN-SCTE 4WD Short Course Rolling Chassis

TSK-TENSCTE - Tony's Screws Losi Ten-SCTE Screw Kit

TLR0901 - Team Losi Racing Tuning Kit (TEN-SCTE)

TLR6080 - Team Losi Racing Ti-Nitride Hinge Pin Set (6)

TKR2217 - Tekno RC HD Rear/Center Driveshaft

TKR2213 - Tekno RC HD Front/Center Driveshaft

M2C7125 - M2C Racing 12mm Delrin Tapered 8-Hole Shock Piston Set

KHZ-SCTE-076 - King Headz CVD Pin Keeper Set (2)

DER-110-10 - DE Racing Mud Guard Set (TEN-T/SCTE/810)

AKA13003VRE - AKA Racing Grid Iron Short Course Tires (Super Soft) (Pre-Mounted) (TEN-SCTE) (2)

XTR10861 - Xtreme Racing TEN-SCTE "Hybrid" Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Chassis Kit w/2mm Top Plate

TKR2210X - Tekno RC M6 Driveshaft & Lightened Outdrive Set
$42.99 $85.98

Ok so this isnt final, but this seems to be the best package to fix all the problems with the SCTE. Drivetrain will be not only tougher but lighter. Will have a lighter chassis, mud guards cuz ther cool. The CVD keepers to hold in the tougher better CVDs. Full set of new screws which I like.

Is there anything else that Im missing here?
I'm not certain that the CVD keepers will work with tekno driveshafts
Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dont people recommend the dual bearing diff mount and i dont see that on the list...
Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chucko
Any problems with it wearing off?
Yes and no . They are definitely smoother when new and the hinge pins are 1 mm longer which makes them ideal for the adjustable hinge pin holders . I have both and the TiNi coating on mine wore off pretty quickly although they are still smooth . M2C has recently came out with their version of the hinge pins which are also 59mm and coated I think I will try them when I replace my hinge pins again .
Old 06-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
dont people recommend the dual bearing diff mount and i dont see that on the list...
I definitely recommend it! I'm also jonesing for a dual bearing motor mount!!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I went to the track yesterday and had the RPM front bumper on.

Problem #1 the front bar gets in the way of the body, lifting the body off and angled it up. I cut the extra bars on top and made it just like the stock bumper. Problem solved.

Problem #2 the added weight is certainly something odd to deal with. You can feel the truck is now even more nose heavy. You can correct it in the air with some throttle, but you have to play with it before hand.

Its a decent bumper, has lots of protection for the truck and the nose. It does drag a bit digging into turns, however, wasnt nearly as bad as i thought. I might actually dremel off the channels on the bumper on the skid plate. That should give you another 1-1.5mm clearance.

My thoughts.

Last edited by HighLife420; 06-24-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goehm

That was a great day.

and at lot of the times, its not the screw, but the tool you are using...
Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dano628
Yes and no . They are definitely smoother when new and the hinge pins are 1 mm longer which makes them ideal for the adjustable hinge pin holders . I have both and the TiNi coating on mine wore off pretty quickly although they are still smooth . M2C has recently came out with their version of the hinge pins which are also 59mm and coated I think I will try them when I replace my hinge pins again .
How fast would you say they wore out?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420

Problem #1 the front bar gets in the way of the body, lifting the body off and angled it up. I cut the extra bars on top and made it just like the stock bumper. Problem solved.

Problem #2 the added weight is certainly something odd to deal with. You can feel the truck is now even more nose heavy. You can correct it in the air with some throttle, but you have to play with it before hand.

Its a decent bumper, has lots of protection for the truck and the nose. It does drag a bit digging into turns, however, wasnt nearly as bad as i thought. I might actually dremel off the channels on the bumper on the skid plate. That should give you another 1-1.5mm clearance.

My thoughts.
yeah i'm not to fond of the bumper catching or hanging up on the front of the body. Might try dremeling those channels out like you said. Does anybody know where i can get the 8-32 x 5/8 in screws they include for the front rpm bumper? Really like them a lot better than the stock short 8-32 x 3/8 in screws. The stock ones make the rear gearbox & rpm skidplate really easy to strip out. The 5/8 in rpm screws would really help this. I find it weird they included the right screws for the front bumper, but not the rear skidplate which mounts directly to the same location.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Does anybody know where i can get the 8-32 x 5/8 in screws they include for the front rpm bumper?
my local lumber/hardware store has an extensive screw assortment, except they don't have 5-40 size.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420

My thoughts.
I thought the same thing as dremeling out the channels if it hangs but havent ran indoors as around here everything is outdoors right now, no indoor stuff that i kno of. As for taking the body off im not sure what you mean...i have the RTR body(stephenson) and no problems

Originally Posted by vw addict
my local lumber/hardware store has an extensive screw assortment, except they don't have 5-40 size.
yup, or if you have a local hardware like mine they have yet to fail me with a bolt or anything that i needed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.