Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I got so hacked at the start of the main sitting on 3rd pos and went to last in the 2nd turn from the lappers who decided they were gonna make a push from last to first in the 1st turn!!!I rarely get mad racing anymore takes alot.
hacked to the back. Happens to me all the time. I was sitting BQ and after the first turn beaten bloody back to 6-7. I managed to fight may way back up to 2 for the bump to the A and took 6th from the 12 position.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Spent about 250 on my truck, all new drivetrain. Wow I forgot how quiet this truck should be lol.

Used Eights silicone diff build tips and so far so good, now leaks after racing last night!

Now working on my new tlr hp body.
Should have just bought a new roller and stripped it for parts. Best thing to do every 6-8 months or so.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I got to see the MIP Chassis at my home track last night.Looks way better in person then in photos .The set up is well thought out and fit and fit and finish look good as well.On the track it was very competitive and looked smooth!The designer Brandon Upshaw was driving the truck and laying down solid laps with it.I got so hacked at the start of the main sitting on 3rd pos and went to last in the 2nd turn from the lappers who decided they were gonna make a push from last to first in the 1st turn!!!I rarely get mad racing anymore takes alot.Directer will call a restart usually when this happens but they were not even watching
This same KOOK would try and take you out when I was lapping him in the quals so I just had enough!!I started to walk off the stand and turned my head away and just pulled full throttle with no regard of the outcome(stupid I know) and with out even knowing my truck plowed this same lapper at full pin!!Karma Bi-atch!!Jus glad I didn't hit a marshall!!So Rudy Rico and Branden had a good run by the time I rejoined the race They were gone!!!Cheers!!!!
Man, I know the feeling!!! BTW Rudy Rico is getting FAST!!! That kid hasn't been at it too long either but damn he picked it up and now he's killing it! Really nice kid and his dad is awesome too. His dad is always out there marshaling. Good people. I see them at WCRC quite often.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sgtlt
Thanks for the info. think I will put in a order with avid. Sounds like a good deal for 22 dollars.
Yep, and I like to order a few extras just to have on hand too. But the Avid Revolutions to me are the best bearings at the best price. I've been neglecting my truck, yet my Avid bearings just keep on keepin on
Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Last night at the track i noticed my truck was slipping badly like it was only front wheel drive. Upon further inspection i took apart my rear diff and noticed as i turned one outdrive, the other wouldn't move. Just as i figured my diff gears were shot from having no fluid in the rear. Anyway have any of you guys had the same problem?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Should have just bought a new roller and stripped it for parts. Best thing to do every 6-8 months or so.
Or sell the roller instead of parting it....
Old 06-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Last night at the track i noticed my truck was slipping badly like it was only front wheel drive. Upon further inspection i took apart my rear diff and noticed as i turned one outdrive, the other wouldn't move. Just as i figured my diff gears were shot from having no fluid in the rear. Anyway have any of you guys had the same problem?
This is a very common problem. If you read the thread, there's a bunch of tips and posts to help seal the diffs.

My top ones:
Glue insert, green AE slime on insert, double gasket to tighten screws more, grease on driveshaft (overlooked a lot), and some luck.

Last edited by Kuya_Kimo; 06-23-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Got the Hi pro body done! Did anyone else have problems with the body holes? Mine were off in the rear and the front ones did not exist (the dimples).

Old 06-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
This is a very common problem. If you read the thread, there's a bunch of tips and posts to help seal the diffs.

My top ones:
Glue insert, green AE slime on insert, double gasket to tighten screws more, grease on driveshaft (overlooked a lot), and some luck.
No, its fine, i put some high tack gasket sealant on the inserts. Just my gears were already ruined by the time i got to do it. Surprisingly my center diff hasn't leaked much at all. Still next time i change it i'll do the same to the inserts. And i really don't think you need to buy a second kit for spare parts. Just buy as needed. At the club level it's not that necessary.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Body holes have to be lined up manually, don't use the dimples.

By the way, got the next one cut out. ORANGE you glad to see me? LOL

And his GREEN with envy brutha from anutha mutha
Old 06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Thanks, Body looks killer, nice skills!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Ok so today my driveshaft holds, the front and rear lost the pins to them.

My LHS had slightly smaller ones that worked to let me race. My question is do they make titanium or tougher front and rear shaft connectors and pins so that they dont wear out?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sgtlt
Need to replace my wheel berrings, any ideas on what ones to get ?
I bought the stock ones on e-bay for $8 for a set of wheel bearings.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Ok so today my driveshaft holds, the front and rear lost the pins to them.

My LHS had slightly smaller ones that worked to let me race. My question is do they make titanium or tougher front and rear shaft connectors and pins so that they dont wear out?
Somebody on here said they put TEKNO ones on their truck....Chris Attaberry I think, find him on the previous page and PM him, you can find the stock ones all over ebay NIP
Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

KHZ-SCTE-076 - King Headz CVD Pin Keeper Set (2)

LOSA99109 - Losi 4 Piece Race Wrench Set (Metric)

LOSB0127 - Losi TEN-SCTE 4WD Short Course Rolling Chassis

SPTSTLA2278GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Chassis Brace (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2103GM - ST Racing Concepts Precision CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2123GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Steering Rack Set (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2163GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2170GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Rear Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2825GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Front Shock Body Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2826GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Shock Body Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2904GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Cap Set (Gun Metal) (4)

SPTSTLB2908GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Collar Set (Gun Metal) (4)

SPTSTLB3592GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Precision Aluminum Center Bulkhead (Gun Metal)

TKR2213 - Tekno RC HD Front/Center Driveshaft

TKR2217 - Tekno RC HD Rear/Center Driveshaft

TLR6080 - Team Losi Racing Ti-Nitride Hinge Pin Set (6)

TSK-TENSCTE - Tony's Screws Losi Ten-SCTE Screw Kit

XTR10861 - Xtreme Racing TEN-SCTE "Hybrid" Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Chassis Kit w/2mm Top Plate

Ok so I really love my Losi Ten SCTE. Therefore I will buy a new roller, break it down to its component parts and rebuild with these parts. You experts here please add to the list things I will need!

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.