Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by electricRCrocks
I am putting back together the read diff and had heard you should put some grease on the shaft of the outdrive. I cannot find in the manual anywhere that discusses where to put fluid besides the diff fluid. Are there any places that need lubrication including the outdrives on the SCTE besides bearings?
Grease the o-ring and the outdrive where the o-ring goes.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've done quite a bit to mine, but probably the single best and most necesarry item would have to be the king headz dual bearing center diff mount.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Dual-Bearing
This made the truck sound and run much smoother on the drivetrain, as it takes the slop out of the front outdrive on the center diff. I am also very pleased with my chassis upgrade(BCE), and the mod I did to lower the battery tray.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
I've done quite a bit to mine, but probably the single best and most necesarry item would have to be the king headz dual bearing center diff mount.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Dual-Bearing
This made the truck sound and run much smoother on the drivetrain, as it takes the slop out of the front outdrive on the center diff. I am also very pleased with my chassis upgrade(BCE), and the mod I did to lower the battery tray.
Tell me more about this battery tray mod please.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Need to replace my wheel berrings, any ideas on what ones to get ?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sgtlt
Need to replace my wheel berrings, any ideas on what ones to get ?
I have used Avid and Boca inexpensive bearings and they are fine. I am currently running the Avid revolution bearings that are $1 each. For $22 for a full set of bearings you can't go wrong and you can replace them often IMO.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I have had not had any problems with the stock bearings in my truck.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii

ALL bearing's let go at Some point. It's a wise idea to have bearing's On hand for when you NEED them.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Stock bearings work but they're expensive. Get the budget minded boca or avid bearings for $1 each and they work as well as stock, or even better for a fraction of the price.

James
Old 06-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

I always thought that boca's were more $ than the stock ones. Thanks
Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by electricRCrocks
I am putting back together the read diff and had heard you should put some grease on the shaft of the outdrive. I cannot find in the manual anywhere that discusses where to put fluid besides the diff fluid. Are there any places that need lubrication including the outdrives on the SCTE besides bearings?

theres a little groove cut in the outdrive where you fill it with black grease, you can see it if you look at the shaft portion of the outdrive. Just toss some black grease in there and you should be ok.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. think I will put in a order with avid. Sounds like a good deal for 22 dollars.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sgtlt
Thanks for the info. think I will put in a order with avid. Sounds like a good deal for 22 dollars.

I use AVID and they are great. Have only blown 1 of them.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
The MIP kit is not for everyone and if I was a basher I would not buy one but I am a avid racer and competitive enough that 10th's of a second have mattered in some of the races I have been in. Lap times will tell if this was a good purchase or not. My Scte is already tricked out with all the goodies and runs well but I am used to the way my Durango handles and am looking for more out of the SCTE. I hope this is the answer.
I got to see the MIP Chassis at my home track last night.Looks way better in person then in photos .The set up is well thought out and fit and fit and finish look good as well.On the track it was very competitive and looked smooth!The designer Brandon Upshaw was driving the truck and laying down solid laps with it.I got so hacked at the start of the main sitting on 3rd pos and went to last in the 2nd turn from the lappers who decided they were gonna make a push from last to first in the 1st turn!!!I rarely get mad racing anymore takes alot.Directer will call a restart usually when this happens but they were not even watching
This same KOOK would try and take you out when I was lapping him in the quals so I just had enough!!I started to walk off the stand and turned my head away and just pulled full throttle with no regard of the outcome(stupid I know) and with out even knowing my truck plowed this same lapper at full pin!!Karma Bi-atch!!Jus glad I didn't hit a marshall!!So Rudy Rico and Branden had a good run by the time I rejoined the race They were gone!!!Cheers!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I got to see the MIP Chassis at my home track last night.Looks way better in person then in photos .The set up is well thought out and fit and fit and finish look good as well.On the track it was very competitive and looked smooth!The designer Brandon Upshaw was driving the truck and laying down solid laps with it.I got so hacked at the start of the main sitting on 3rd pos and went to last in the 2nd turn from the lappers who decided they were gonna make a push from last to first in the 1st turn!!!I rarely get mad racing anymore takes alot.Directer will call a restart usually when this happens but they were not even watching
This same KOOK would try and take you out when I was lapping him in the quals so I just had enough!!I started to walk off the stand and turned my head away and just pulled full throttle with no regard of the outcome(stupid I know) and with out even knowing my truck plowed this same lapper at full pin!!Karma Bi-atch!!Jus glad I didn't hit a marshall!!So Rudy Rico and Branden had a good run by the time I rejoined the race They were gone!!!Cheers!!!!
LMAO love karma......

I like the design of the MIP but if they have any sense they would read this blog and see that most of the people have the tlr kit so why not just put out the chassis with out the towers? Oh and come in at a reasonable price!!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Spent about 250 on my truck, all new drivetrain. Wow I forgot how quiet this truck should be lol.

Used Eights silicone diff build tips and so far so good, now leaks after racing last night!

Now working on my new tlr hp body.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.