Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdminitrucker
Just as a curiosity what are some of the mods that you have done to your SCTE. ex: upgrade stock chassis, shock towers, drive shafts, anything on the vehicle that is not electrical. I know that there is some people out there that would like to upgrade theres but dont know what to get. As for me mine is bone stock. However I do have a nice list of upgrade I plan on doing. FYI NO BASHING OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE OR DON'T HAVE.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford tunrbuckles
STRC front and rear chassis braces
STRC rear hubs
Tekno drive shafts and outdrives
MIP Bypass system

Plus much more that is just on the top of my head right now.
Thanks guys, keep them coming what type of upgrades have you done to yours? I want to upgrade but don't want to go overboard. I'm use to racing stadium and buggy classes from back in the day (7 plus yrs ago) and getting back into the hobby seeing a ton of upgrades. But yes I and getting into SC and always been a fan of Losi so had to buy SCTE.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks guys, keep them coming what type of upgrades have you done to yours? I want to upgrade but don't want to go overboard. I'm use to racing stadium and buggy classes from back in the day (7 plus yrs ago) and getting back into the hobby seeing a ton of upgrades. But yes I and getting into SC and always been a fan of Losi so had to buy SCTE.
I was the exact same way last summer or so. Dove back in with the SC10 then switch back to Losi and the XXX-SCT.

I think your biggest learning curve will be with electronics. Suggest you get the truck, and the few modest upgrades suggested and put your focus into chargers, batteries, motor, ESC, transmitter, etc. Find the right ones and go forward. Get time under your belt and in some cases, upgrade just what breaks or wears.

I bought what I thought was the best (or best for me), and ended up changing out most everything I originally bought - and ended up spending quite a bit more money in doing so. Love what I have now but wish I took a bit more time initially to figure it out.

As for what I've done? I've replaced just about everything EXCEPT the stock braces. LOL. But what made me go the fastest? Finding the right tires.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I went with the TLR tuning kit and the Tim Bump Chassis. It runs great. I also got the Tekno Couplers, for the center CVA's, but haven't put them in yet.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by goehm
I was the exact same way last summer or so. Dove back in with the SC10 then switch back to Losi and the XXX-SCT.

I think your biggest learning curve will be with electronics. Suggest you get the truck, and the few modest upgrades suggested and put your focus into chargers, batteries, motor, ESC, transmitter, etc. Find the right ones and go forward. Get time under your belt and in some cases, upgrade just what breaks or wears.

I bought what I thought was the best (or best for me), and ended up changing out most everything I originally bought - and ended up spending quite a bit more money in doing so. Love what I have now but wish I took a bit more time initially to figure it out.

As for what I've done? I've replaced just about everything EXCEPT the stock braces. LOL. But what made me go the fastest? Finding the right tires.
So wich tires are the right ones?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

TLR Flex Tuned Chassis
TLR Tuning Kit
Hard Anodized (HA) Shock Bodies
Piston Pack
Racing Springs
Locked Wheel Hexes
Locking Wheel Nuts
Aluminum front brace
5/5/3 diff oil

I have HA pivot balls but haven't installed yet. I really like the locked wheel hexes so I can take the wheels off and don't have to worry about the originals falling off.

I recommend a lightened chassis of your choosing and the TLR tuning kit. Spend the rest on good electronics and batteries. Nanotech 6600mAh are inexpensive and do well. I recommend a 4-pole motor for efficiency.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scracer68
So wich tires are the right ones?
That all depends on the track surface you run and normal air temperature.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by electricRCrocks
That all depends on the track surface you run and normal air temperature.
Yeah, I was kind of joking. I wish I did know more about picking out the right tire though.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68
Yeah, I was kind of joking. I wish I did know more about picking out the right tire though.
Comes with trying new tires and experience. You also need to know what tires are available and then learn what that pattern wil likely to be good at. Typical rule of thumb is you want to run the smallest pin tire you can get away with will typically be the fastest.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Installed a 8000 mah max amps battery today. Its 164 grams heavier than the thunderpower 6000 I was running. Guess its time to ditch all the billet aluminum stuff and go to carbon. Ive been trying to get ahold of Jammin for a while now to find out how much the chassis they have weighs. Does anyone know as that is whats on my truck now. My truck is also loaded with strc towers, and accessories.

I see that snr chassis weighs 203 grams . Anyone run it?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default 3.5MM X 59MM REAR LOWER HINGE PINS

HI GUYS,
I was asked to make some upgraded rear hinge pins that were 59mm long
(stock is 58mm) to keep the hinge pins from popping out when using more toe
with the newer adjustable blocks.
these pins are 3.5 mm dia. and 59mm long.
made with 021 tool steel like all of our hinge pins and nichel plated .
these should be about bullit proof on a vehicle this light.

part no. m2c7127
www.m2cracing.com

PS. WE ALSO HAVE THE 58MM STOCK PINS PART NO. M2C7126

Last edited by m2cracing; 06-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
falconsekido.com ordered mine from them with the led card which is great at the track for quick programing.....
X2...great deal and good with customer service! Very happy with them and got mine on sale during memorial weekend and over $99.01 and they ship for FREEEEEEE
Old 06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NLR-Power and C
Installed a 8000 mah max amps battery today. Its 164 grams heavier than the thunderpower 6000 I was running. Guess its time to ditch all the billet aluminum stuff and go to carbon. Ive been trying to get ahold of Jammin for a while now to find out how much the chassis they have weighs. Does anyone know as that is whats on my truck now. My truck is also loaded with strc towers, and accessories.

I don't know about the Jammin or SNR chassis but my scte is 4oz. lighter with the Extreme chassis than with the BCE.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Tlr tuning kit, SNR graphite chassis ( which I modded to mount battery /esc directly to chassis ) SNR graphite front brace and did the tlr tq rod in rear (had to drill hole in chassis to mount ) . With this chassis u have the ability to move(redrill)the center diff like they did at MIP to get ur weight bias back on truck and help on cv angle I will be buying a extra turnbuckel to replace the front chassis brace in case its a issue with.the different cv angle . Its food for thought
Old 06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NLR-Power and C

I run the snr . Its realty nice but probably will need a few holes countersunk a bit more than they provide ... race ready my truck weighes 5.41lbs with stock turnbuckels and pivot balls . Have HD out drives and front aluminum steering supports
Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

I am putting back together the read diff and had heard you should put some grease on the shaft of the outdrive. I cannot find in the manual anywhere that discusses where to put fluid besides the diff fluid. Are there any places that need lubrication including the outdrives on the SCTE besides bearings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.