Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 AM
  #35776  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,660
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The stock motor mount will hold a 20T pinion. The RTR motor was tested in 105 degree weather with 3 consecutive battery packs or about 35 minutes of running and that is where that stock gearing came from. If you are running a pack, I am sure you could get away with a 20T.
Thanks
MX304 is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
  #35777  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
This works on the rear due to the toe in in the rear. Changes the angle of the arm in the blocks. This is not an issue with the front.



You need to keep an eye on motor temps but the kit is undergeared for the motor on 2S out of the box.



Are you using trim or subtrim to center the servo?
Hi Casper, no everything is on 0 (zero)
fivenines is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 AM
  #35778  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fivenines View Post
Hi Casper, no everything is on 0 (zero)
0 inserts for the rear/rear pivot is 3 deg of toe in which angles the arms. Does that make sense?
Casper is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 AM
  #35779  
Tech Master
iTrader: (160)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,840
Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
No they rub....unless u have ones specifically for the scte they dont work
Thanks.
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 AM
  #35780  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
0 inserts for the rear/rear pivot is 3 deg of toe in which angles the arms. Does that make sense?
that's how I'm set
fivenines is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
  #35781  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

So, you guys think i should remove the RPM bumper before i test it out? If i use it, i cant return it.

Just curious as to how much the front skid plate makes a difference with the handling of the truck.

I am racing only, not bashing at all.
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM
  #35782  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HighLife420 View Post
So, you guys think i should remove the RPM bumper before i test it out? If i use it, i cant return it.

Just curious as to how much the front skid plate makes a difference with the handling of the truck.

I am racing only, not bashing at all.
I raced with it fine. Got second in both my heats and am on my way to the a-main with it this weekend (race got stormed out). Made no difference from the stock bumper performance wise. The rear rpm skid plate is not bad either.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
  #35783  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
Default

but are you talking about the rear arms? does that affect my steering EPA?
fivenines is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 AM
  #35784  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
0 inserts for the rear/rear pivot is 3 deg of toe in which angles the arms. Does that make sense?
but are you talking about the rear arms? does that affect my steering EPA?
fivenines is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 AM
  #35785  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Adonis_mp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 440
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Setup Sheet ?

I am pretty new to this truck and have been going through the setup sheets on the Losi web site. My question is about the rear camber link placement. On most setup sheet they have you move the link to the B position (hole) and then I assume that you adjust the camber back to -1 (on most sheets). Why not just adjust the camber to -1 and leave the link alone? What is the point of adjusting the link location?

Is there really a diffrence between 27.5 to 30 shock oil?

Not that i like to question the pros but I am more into the mechanics and the building of the trucks than actually driving them.
Adonis_mp is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
  #35786  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
I am pretty new to this truck and have been going through the setup sheets on the Losi web site. My question is about the rear camber link placement. On most setup sheet they have you move the link to the B position (hole) and then I assume that you adjust the camber back to -1 (on most sheets). Why not just adjust the camber to -1 and leave the link alone? What is the point of adjusting the link location?

Is there really a diffrence between 27.5 to 30 shock oil?

Not that i like to question the pros but I am more into the mechanics and the building of the trucks than actually driving them.
The link will change how the camber changes as the arm moves up and down. Setting it at ride hight to a static -1 is just the starting point for the camber. As the truck leans over or squats under acceleration will change the camber depending on the camber link position.

There is obviously a difference between 27.5 and 30 but it is pretty small. Back in the day we used to only have 5wt changes avaiable but guys starting mixing oil to get "half weights" and losi and AE started releaseing these half weights. Most setups for these cars will run around 30wt oil as this common for offroad 10th scale. We will tune from there.
Casper is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
  #35787  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Adonis_mp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 440
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The link will change how the camber changes as the arm moves up and down. Setting it at ride hight to a static -1 is just the starting point for the camber. As the truck leans over or squats under acceleration will change the camber depending on the camber link position.

There is obviously a difference between 27.5 and 30 but it is pretty small. Back in the day we used to only have 5wt changes avaiable but guys starting mixing oil to get "half weights" and losi and AE started releaseing these half weights. Most setups for these cars will run around 30wt oil as this common for offroad 10th scale. We will tune from there.
Thanks for the answer, it explains alot.
Adonis_mp is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
  #35788  
Tech Adept
 
fastford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jacksonville
Posts: 178
Default

Originally Posted by fastford View Post
What diff fluid should I be trying in the center diff to help it rotate around sharp corners? 5-7-3 is what Im currently running on a larger outdoor 1/8 track.
Still looking
fastford is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
  #35789  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fastford View Post
Still looking
5 will help with low speed steering.
Casper is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:20 PM
  #35790  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
rccrazy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 139
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

if any of you on hear know pork chop he is on here alot
i just wanted to let you all know that he has past away and he will be missed
please keep his family in your prayers. he was only about 23yrs. old.
rest in peace Charles Garten.
rccrazy316 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.