Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
is this the promatch that thou speak of? Even tho its a 30C now...

Promatch 30C 2S Lipo
Yeah, they look just like that but they say 5000mah 25c.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just put on my RPM bumper, this thing is BRILLIANT. Protects the front chassis so nicely, wish they had this when i bought my TLR chassis. Save me from scrapping up the front of the chassis.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASF4I
I finally broke the stock front bumper on my SCTE. It lasted almost 1.5 yrs so I'm not complaining. Certainly took alot of abuse (too much actually). I think I'll replace it with another stock one since it lasted so long.
good call, I have a RPM one that I just can't race with. I run at 27mm and the RPM one adds too much at the bottom. The stock one with a foam shoe-glued ftw.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
good call, I have a RPM one that I just can't race with. I run at 27mm and the RPM one adds too much at the bottom. The stock one with a foam shoe-glued ftw.
What do you mean? The rpm is perfect for race or bash.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I always run the most protection I can because I can never leave anything alone and build custom carbon fiber chassis for all my racers.
So although I want to protect my front part of the chassis due to the material I make them out of I would never say that the big bumpers from RPM or TBR that I end up having to use are "perfect" for racing because that is simply not true.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
What do you mean? The rpm is perfect for race or bash.
I know what he is saying. I run at 28mm ride height in the front with the body off, and when i put the body on and drop the truck the front bottoms out real easy due to all the extra lower portion of the RPM front bumper. I just raced with the RPM bumber this past weekend for the first time and I'm not sure whether I like it yet or not. It may be just TOO bulky on the bottom, the jury's still out...
Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mark K
I know what he is saying. I run at 28mm ride height in the front with the body off, and when i put the body on and drop the truck the front bottoms out real easy due to all the extra lower portion of the RPM front bumper. I just raced with the RPM bumber this past weekend for the first time and I'm not sure whether I like it yet or not. It may be just TOO bulky on the bottom, the jury's still out...
You can always raise your front ride height to compensate for it. I don't measure my ride height. I just make sure the arms are equal on both sides and the arms are alightly above level with the ground.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

I had an RPM front bumper on my slash 4x4. I let a buddy of mine with no RC experience race it. After several horrific crashes, the diff case broke. I don think it's a good idea for those screws to support so much impact. I'd rather have a bumper break than a gear box.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I had an RPM front bumper on my slash 4x4. I let a buddy of mine with no RC experience race it. After several horrific crashes, the diff case broke. I don think it's a good idea for those screws to support so much impact. I'd rather have a bumper break than a gear box.
Have you seen how much flex the rpm has. If anything you're going to do more damage with the stock one. Plus the screws included with the rpm are much longer and will not cause any more problems with the diff case. My rpm bumper on my pede 4x4 has seen tons of crashes with no problems and it has the same diffs as said slash 4x4 you were talking about.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
It is good that you have a nice and smooth running car.

Your post makes it sound you you believe that 3S is about going faster and hurting people. It is not. I discussed it at length in this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...y-2s-lipo.html

Actually, I think the Novak 4.5s have the potential to run cooler than the Pro4s so you have an advantage in that sense.
What I meant was that this class seems to attract the newer, less skilled drivers who think all that stands between them and the number 1 spot is more power. Thats why using a 3 cell rule could amount to more dangerous driving than I already see. Now, just to clarify, not all this class is a newbie type. But its the newbies that are the dangerous ones because of the high horsepower involved. I guess the answer for that may be a sportsman 4x4 class where all start out till they prove they can handle more power. Just a thought.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracenut
What I meant was that this class seems to attract the newer, less skilled drivers who think all that stands between them and the number 1 spot is more power. Thats why using a 3 cell rule could amount to more dangerous driving than I already see. Now, just to clarify, not all this class is a newbie type. But its the newbies that are the dangerous ones because of the high horsepower involved. I guess the answer for that may be a sportsman 4x4 class where all start out till they prove they can handle more power. Just a thought.
You're talking about it like it's a dirtbike. I know what it's like to be a noob with too much power. I started out with a mamba monster equiped savage flux hp. After a few packs you learn to control the power. If noobs are crashing that bad on your track you need to tell them to practice at home first, then after about a month of driving invite them back to the track and see how they do. Lower amount of power is just an endpoint adjustment away.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASF4I
I finally broke the stock front bumper on my SCTE. It lasted almost 1.5 yrs so I'm not complaining. Certainly took alot of abuse (too much actually). I think I'll replace it with another stock one since it lasted so long.
Broke mine at the races too... Jon doesnt have the RPM one in stock but lemme know which one you go with.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
+1. I had that RPM bumper on for a hot minute and took it off. It adds way too much to the bottom and drags in braking and cornering. No thanks. I'll stick with the stocker.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Have you seen how much flex the rpm has. If anything you're going to do more damage with the stock one. Plus the screws included with the rpm are much longer and will not cause any more problems with the diff case. My rpm bumper on my pede 4x4 has seen tons of crashes with no problems and it has the same diffs as said slash 4x4 you were talking about.
The bumper on the slash was an RPM so same flex. As for the stocker, only the front two diff case screws go in it and don't bear any of the forces on a crash. That's cool that you like yours, but you couldn't pay me to run one on my SCTE that is still on the original front bumper...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
Truck can be run with stock chassis, just as truck can be run with 2S LiPo.hOLY bAT POOP I think I quoted everbody An after market chassis will be lighter!!Read about real race cars and comment back on that issue!

Yet this past weekend at my track two SCTE racers using 2S had wires come unsoldered from their connectors because of excess current draw. No one running the stock chassis (3 or 4 people) had their chassis bend.3 or 4 My God Man how many people ru n at your track ever weekend send um here!!

So I'd say an aftermarket chassis is needed less than a high voltage, low current battery/motor setup///////Less weight equals less strain on drive train electrics and all else!!!

Last weekend someone bent their aftermarket Bump chassis. Aftermarket is better, but not bulletproof and people do get along with the stock chassis:
They need to quit crashing or go back to a slash!!!!Soory had to do it!

Originally Posted by snwchris
I've seen a few post about the 1/8 shocks a few pages back and just wanted to chime in, since I've been running 8th shocks for over a year now.

I disagree with the above statement as in it not helping lap times....
I run my SCTE with Serpent Big Bores and I'm running faster lap times and best times compared to running with the stock shocks. I also run this same setup indoor & outdoor with the Big Bores and love the way to works and handles.

Everyones setup and driving skills are always going to be different, just cause something doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it might help someone else. The added couple of ounces of the 8th shocks is nothing with the new motors out. Back when the SCTE first came out and only motor option was the 550 2poles it might have been a concern.

I keep my stock shocks as backups, but otherwise my SCTE handles sweet with the Serpent Big Bores.....
If it works for your driving style that is what counts !!!!For Me No FFFING WAY!!!

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Well I fried a servo that I have been running for a few years, now it is time to get a new one, I did a search on the thread, but no luck other then lots of servo issues lol. What would be the recommended servo for this truck, I see a lot of people using the 7955tg. Is that over kill or is their something similar to it? Help please! Off to the track on Thursday!
If and when Yo lighten the Truck ,You should feel the need for a faster servo!!If not Enjoy!!!!

I really don't think any servo is overkill in pretty much any vehicle. You really do want as much torque as you can have. The 7955 is a great servo and has very good torque and titanium gears as well. Right now i'm running a hobbico cs-170 277 oz. In. servo and it definitely gets the job done. 333 oz with be plenty for this truck.
Speed is your friend! No more off throttle push!!

Originally Posted by larlev
Hmmm, we all ran just fine for many months on stocker when truck first came out. I know many guys still running stock chassis and doing quite well.
IMO, no need to replace until it breaks....if it ever does
Less weight and better transition, from one task to another is worth ever Penny( No Not fromk Big Bang!!)!I wish!!! !!!She is an R/C Nerd and reads this all the time

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
I always run the most protection I can because I can never leave anything alone and build custom carbon fiber chassis for all my racers.
So although I want to protect my front part of the chassis due to the material I make them out of I would never say that the big bumpers from RPM or TBR that I end up having to use are "perfect" for racing because that is simply not true.
RPM is not for Racers!!!Give em Your money!!:lo l:

You can always raise your front ride height to compensate for it. I don't measure my ride height. I just make sure the arms are equal on both sides and the arms are slightly above level with the ground.
This aint no Slash!! Ride HT is very important!!!

Originally Posted by Grandturk
+1. I had that RPM bumper on for a hot minute and took it off. It adds way too much to the bottom and drags in braking and cornering. No thanks. I'll stick with the stocker.
++++1.000 Turk!! Wait We agreed on SumthinThings are looking Up!!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 06-19-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Lota quotes I know!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.