Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Not an rx8 issue, its your sr300 most likely/ tx!! If you have a dx3r then get a dsm2 reciever, if not ur basically screwed , get a diff servo, or get a diff radio system, get a jr 9001 servo, all the best ?:@)
Zackly!!Alot of times the radio and rec will make a big diff!!!erance !!!

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Looks good. Did you notice the sides are very thin on yours? I nearly cut through the sides simply by scoring it lightly. Very thin in the side bottom area.
Come on guys reduce your image size a bit when you post and if you quote remove the IMG. Gets a little annoying seeing the same over size image a few times!!! Ok bruised camel toe over!:lol..I.E. (RANT OVER)

Last edited by BmainStar; 06-15-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Cuzz I am faster than most!!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Zackly!!Alot of times the radio and rec will make a big diff!!!erance !!!

Come on guys reduce your image size a bit when you post and if you quote remove the IMG. Gets a little annoying seeing the same over size image a few times!!! Ok bruised camel toe over!:lol..I.E. (RANT OVER)
you sure winge a lot....
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Measuring ride height on the scte...in the front, just behind the bend on teh flat next to the diff case protruding...in the rear, just to the side of the diff case protruding.
Thanx Ryan!! Now AS (8) said body off???Or on??Cuz I follow the team and yer set ups Jus want to make sure!!

Originally Posted by baker_on_tick View Post
Maybe if the thread wasn't 2368 pages long it would be more usefull... People get angry because they have been following it for years... Then some one new finds it and you all crack the shits.....
Well the truck and the thread have been going a year Feb,and the chassis debate is well documented, every one thinks the one they chose is best(of coarse)If the thread was not 2 million pages long it would not be the truck it is!!!!!(Which it is)(The Best)!!!!So if You or Him actually follow the thread You would understand what He is trying to say! (The chassis debate is just a war of words) Buy one and race(not you specifically) but the masses is what we are trying to say!!!:t ire::tir e:
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by baker_on_tick View Post
you sure winge a lot....
Winge??? Lets get down to the real issues here!! How is the surf there where you are at???Screw toy cars!!You mean whine???Jus go back and read a years worth of my posts here!!!Not so much!!!Jus call it like I see it!!!Freekin 48 yrs old and I have earned my right to bitch a little when chit gets outa whack!!!So winter there??Hows the surf ???Or dont engineers Surf?????
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Winge??? Lets get down to the real issues here!! How is the surf there where you are at???Screw toy cars!!You mean whine???Jus go back and read a years worth of my posts here!!!Not so much!!!Jus call it like I see it!!!Freekin 48 yrs old and I have earned my right to bitch a little when chit gets outa whack!!!So winter there??Hows the surf ???Or dont engineers Surf?????
nah dont surf... was into full size 4x4 racing... now out of that getting back into RC racing.. currently working on putting a lost smart centre diff in my scte.. should make it even better car
Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Looks good. Did you notice the sides are very thin on yours? I nearly cut through the sides simply by scoring it lightly. Very thin in the side bottom area.
Yes, the sides are very thin. I did cut through the side while scoring

Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
McD44, are you using different body posts? I notice they are square on the ends and the front clips face a different direction.
The body posts are stock only upside down. When mine broke I flipped them over. I did drill a new hole in the rear so that the body rest pivoted the correct way but I left the front with the pins at 90.

LOL yeah, sorry man. I have a 27" HD monitor and the pics look fine to me. I forget that others are viewing on different equipment.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Anyone ever run the stock RTR motor with an RX8 esc? A friend of mine smoked his pro4 so I'm letting him throw my stock motor in for this weekend. Any idea where to start with the timing?
It's a 4Pole motor, use zero timing. Bring down the Current Limiter to 70%-80%. Stock it comes with an 18t pinion, that's a good place to start
Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
I have never went by the factory hole placements because they are never correct. Take the JC illuzion hiflow. It says the first hole from the front. Not even close. Its the middle on the front. Sure it will work if you force it but I like my bodies to drop on so there is no added stress. Lesson learned Dom.
Ive done 5 bodies between 2 trucks and ive never had the dimples wrong. Ive done both Jconcepts and Proline bodies.

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
I have bought the RTR bodies that have the pre-punched holes that would not line up even with nothing bent. I think the body mounts on these trucks are a bit of a moving target. Always mark them where you need them to be no matter what body you buy.
Its a body that was made for this truck, it should always be marked with the stock mounting positions for each truck (2wd/4wd).

At least explain that the paper is supposed to be cut out and used as a stencil. The way i saw it, its just showing which dimple goes to what truck.

Im still trying to figure out what the 5 dimples are for? If they are for other trucks, where does it tell you which hole goes to what?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McD44 View Post
Yes, the sides are very thin. I did cut through the side while scoring

The body posts are stock only upside down. When mine broke I flipped them over. I did drill a new hole in the rear so that the body rest pivoted the correct way but I left the front with the pins at 90.

LOL yeah, sorry man. I have a 27" HD monitor and the pics look fine to me. I forget that others are viewing on different equipment.
Looks great on my iPhone, too. No need to limit your size.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HighLife420 View Post
Im still trying to figure out what the 5 dimples are for? If they are for other trucks, where does it tell you which hole goes to what?
I'm pretty sure the dimples are just spots in the mold where suction holes are located.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420 View Post

A future 22SCT Perhaps?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone have the link to the site that sells better diff parts for the SCTE? They sell the steel bushings that replace the aluminum one as well as steel shims. Ive been searching this thread for the past hour and still havent found the link. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8x8be/a...ring/losi.html

That one?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Yes! thank you.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Thanx Ryan!! Now AS (8) said body off???Or on??Cuz I follow the team and yer set ups Jus want to make sure!!
We have always done it with the body off on this truck for some reason. I guess maybe I ruined all that as I just found it hard to get in there with the body on. Typically though with all of the other vehicles, its with the body on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.