Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was told they would with a spacer...I Put them on when mine was still an 810 and the shock cap was too big and hit the tower but haven't messes with them since converting it to an SCTE. Was also told they are overkill as the stocks are good enough and need to adjust the little grub screw for droop since these are longer shocks. I interested I can pm you what they told me...

Originally Posted by JOSH MILLIREN 1 View Post
i dont know if this has been asked but do the losi 8ight big bore shocks mount right up to the scte or is there some mods that you have to do? or what other big bore shocks fit? thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOSH MILLIREN 1 View Post
i dont know if this has been asked but do the losi 8ight big bore shocks mount right up to the scte or is there some mods that you have to do? or what other big bore shocks fit? thanks
Essentially drop on... you need a small spacer behind both the front and rear top shock bushings to make it work. (2.75-3.00mm spacer). The additional spacers are enough to clear the shock caps and tops, everything else is a match using the losi 8ight (buggy) shocks.

This is not needed unless you are running 1/8 electronics and huge lipo's driving your total weight up. I run the stock shocks on my scte, but I do have the 8ight shocks on my 810 now. But I'm running a larger 3s lipos in the buggy.

As noted above, if you run these you should do the "droop pad mod" which was detailed several times in this thread, the shocks are too long and you will want to set the droop and the grub screws will dig into your chassis and will wear very fast.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 05-30-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 39 (96%+)

ok im running a novak sc pro and a tekin pro4 4000 and 2s lipos
Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dainjarouz View Post
how do you get that pin out?. my front center is also very worn but it looks like its really stuck in there and getting it out would be hard.

I highly suggest a Simple Chain breaker from Ebay(40$) and the Proper Pins from A-main
Centers
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...28mm-Joint-Pin

Front/Rear
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...38mm-Joint-Pin

Using Piano wire and cutting your own Pins is IMO the wrong way to do it. Not only will Cutting the Rod mess with the temper of the steel It would be Super Annoying to have to cut each pin every time you need to press a new one into place.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Are these actually made from titanium or are they steel with a coating?

If the latter, I can't see the benefit.

Team Losi Racing Ti-Nitride Hinge Pin Set
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What can I do to get more steering? I have TLR kit in it 0 all around. I have 3-3-2 in the diffs. It turns ok but I need a lot more off power steering. It's fast now as long as I stay in the race line. If I get into traffic It slows me way down cause I can't control it enough. Track is a large 1/8 scale outdoor track I would say med grip.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mozzy View Post

Ti-Ni is a super hard coating which keeps the shaft from wearing as fast , and keeping the movement smooth .
Old 05-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcgrath280 View Post
What can I do to get more steering? I have TLR kit in it 0 all around. I have 3-3-2 in the diffs. It turns ok but I need a lot more off power steering. It's fast now as long as I stay in the race line. If I get into traffic It slows me way down cause I can't control it enough. Track is a large 1/8 scale outdoor track I would say med grip.
Large question without knowing your set up on your truck. would you post your shock locations sway bar size. springs, Please. then maybe someone can tell you what would help.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dano628 View Post
Ti-Ni is a super hard coating which keeps the shaft from wearing as fast , and keeping the movement smooth .
Thanks, I thought as much.

Does anyone offer an actual titanium hinge pin set for the SCTE?

Anyone seen and/or tried these RPM arms & front bumper?

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/newprod/losparts.htm

Last edited by mozzy; 05-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks, I thought as much.

Anyone seen and/or tried these RPM arms & front bumper?

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/newprod/losparts.htm
The arms are pointless IMHO. The stock arms don't break unless you hit something insanely hard. The RPM arms will be warped in no time because they are too flexible.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
Large question without knowing your set up on your truck. would you post your shock locations sway bar size. springs, Please. then maybe someone can tell you what would help.
I'm running stock springs stock sway bars. Shock locations are middle all the way around top and bottom.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The end caps go to the outside. If you mount them the other way the battery will rub the spur gear.

I had completely forgotten about the plastic spacer on the stock truck. I never owned one. I converted my truck from e TEN-T to a SCTE and used the BCE chassis from day one. I can look at my son's RTR tonight and let you know what to do.

Sorry,

Chris

Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
K so I didn't think I was an idiot, that was until I just tried to put my APE tray in...... So the instructions don't really say, and I'm sure I could figure it out, but I've been working outside in 90+ degrees and humidity today and I'm not in the mood for more aggravation. So first issue is the battery holders themselves, they aren't centered. Does the short side go to the inside or outside of the truck? And second, the plastic nub that is part of the motor mount/center diff assembly that holds up the stock tray. Do I just dremel that off? The instructions say nothing about it's existence or what to do with it. I'm pretty sure I figured out which holes on the chassis line up to the tray, the inside hole in the front and the rear slotted hole, right? OMG I'm hot.........
Old 05-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcgrath280 View Post
Increase your negative camber, take your front sway bar off, move you shocks out more on the bottom position on the rear, and make sure your servo saver is tight.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just a coating.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Just a coating.
Thanks for this answer, I thought it was the case.

I asked this previously, but, thought you may have missed it.

Is there any after market manufacturer that makes titanium hinge pins??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.