Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
  #34651  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (166)
 
ta_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,004
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Nothing just noticed a tiny bit of wear after a few months of having it. Quick question: what are the differences between mod 1 and mod .8 ? Can they work together? Thought it was weird since my stampede 4x4 has a .8 mod spur and a 32pitch pinion. Is the stock scte spur mod 1 or mod .8?
It should be obvious that you MOD .8 and MOD1 won't work together (any more than mixing 32 pitch and 48 pitch would be expected to work) but MOD.8 and 32 pitch are essentially the same size and will work together.

The SCTE uses MOD1. The RC-Monster gear is MOD.8/32-pitch. The RC-Monster gear was created to fill a need for a usable Ten-T spur gear (before the SCTE spur existed) because the 810 and Ten-T Nitro cars come with approximately MOD.9 spurs and no-one made electric motor pinions that size.
ta_man is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
  #34652  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
It should be obvious that you MOD .8 and MOD1 won't work together (any more than mixing 32 pitch and 48 pitch would be expected to work) but MOD.8 and 32 pitch are essentially the same size and will work together.

The SCTE uses MOD1. The RC-Monster gear is MOD.8/32-pitch. The RC-Monster gear was created to fill a need for a usable Ten-T spur gear (before the SCTE spur existed) because the 810 and Ten-T Nitro cars come with approximately MOD.9 spurs and no-one made electric motor pinions that size.
So since i can't use the rc monster one, does anybody else make a delrin mod 1 spur for the scte?
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM
  #34653  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 938
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What's the deal with all the SCTE's for sale? I've been looking daily for the last week and there has been 3-5 a day up for sale?
SuperDaveNT is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 PM
  #34654  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,834
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
So how much lash should there be gear boxes? I rebuilt my diffs this past week cleaned and oiled the bearings and this past weekend within 3 runs a pinion bearing went down and melted my diff case. All i did that MIGHT have been different was i only allowed .1 mm between pinion /bearings/driveshaft minimal play .
I will say before the rebuild i couod hear a "cling" sound when hitting the breaks and after words it wasnt as noticeable i assumed it had alot of slop before and was slaping the pinion up against the bearing ( or away) when breaks were applied
Seeing that the stock spur is more than capable of lasting well longer than the motor tring to turn it how about we get a answer to a question we all can benifit from learning about. Cause if these diff casrs r on a 6week back order as told by a few shops. Wr need to keep these issues in check before we r unable to race without the replacement parts
jlfx car audio is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM
  #34655  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT View Post
What's the deal with all the SCTE's for sale? I've been looking daily for the last week and there has been 3-5 a day up for sale?
A lot of people are refreshing for the new season. It happens every year.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 PM
  #34656  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
A lot of people are refreshing for the new season. It happens every year.
I understand most top level/pro drivers have a practice rig and a race rig. They usually sell the race rig and their practice rig now becomes a race rig. Hence they sell their old race rig and it ends up on the market. I can't see selling my scte anytime soon. Only raced maybe 7-8 times(weekends) offroad with my losi and i feel my experience with the truck has just started.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 PM
  #34657  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Tyler Keel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Whats the secret on keeping the axle drive pins in the hexes? Mine just keep moving and the pins fall out while I'm trying to wrench on this thing. Pretty annoying.
Tyler Keel is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 PM
  #34658  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
weavty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL.GA.USA
Posts: 2,121
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tyler Keel View Post
Whats the secret on keeping the axle drive pins in the hexes? Mine just keep moving and the pins fall out while I'm trying to wrench on this thing. Pretty annoying.
A dab of Losi "Great Grease" (fairly tacky stuff, keeps the pins from just falling out with the wheels off).

OR, captured hexes
weavty1 is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:37 PM
  #34659  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,208
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

the secret is to buy some blitz hexes that have a set screw in them. cheap and effective.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ex-Wheel-Hub-4
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 PM
  #34660  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Tyler Keel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I gotcha. Captured hexes are out of the question because this is a rent-a-ride for a weekend, but, I do have some Red N Tacky, I'll give that a shot, thanks.
Tyler Keel is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 PM
  #34661  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
weavty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL.GA.USA
Posts: 2,121
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hell yeah man! Rock on!
weavty1 is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 PM
  #34662  
Tech Master
iTrader: (55)
 
kjohnsiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: auburn, wa
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
the secret is to buy some blitz hexes that have a set screw in them. cheap and effective.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ex-Wheel-Hub-4
I second this option, I've been using them since the truck came out.
kjohnsiii is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:12 PM
  #34663  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Tyler Keel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Do the shocks use the same bladders as the new bb shocks on the 22? And are most of you running emulsion style in the sc trucks too?
Tyler Keel is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:22 PM
  #34664  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,986
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I agree i just want the delrin so i wont have to replace it for a long long time. The stock a-arms are pretty bulletproof and i see no need to upgrade them anytime soon. Funny how rpm released a-arms for the associated sc10 4x4 and not the scte. One reason: IT'S TOUGH!!!!
I have broken the rear camber link with out breaking the arm.The durability of the scte arms are unheard of for any rc race vehicle..Period!!I replaced the arms and all the plastic suspension componets a while back just in case they were starting to warp a little(cause I had them as spares) and NEVER used them With the money we save on broken parts the Truck actually pays for those expensive electronics Itself!!So quit being cheap and buy that Rx8 lol

Originally Posted by Tyler Keel View Post
I gotcha. Captured hexes are out of the question because this is a rent-a-ride for a weekend, but, I do have some Red N Tacky, I'll give that a shot, thanks.
So as a favor back to the owner pick up the Cap hexes!!!Best 6-bucks you can spend!!!
BmainStar is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
  #34665  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,986
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tyler Keel View Post
Do the shocks use the same bladders as the new bb shocks on the 22? And are most of you running emulsion style in the sc trucks too?
I am now, with the bleeder caps very quick and easy to build and maintain and I like how emulsion feels!!
BmainStar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.