Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boba.slave View Post
I've posted a short video with my issue. You guys say that the Sävox-servo's do make a lot of noise. If this is the noise you are talking about, nothing's wrong... but somehow I feel there's something going (very) wrong.

FYI: The servo is its neutral position when switching on.

Here's the video:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Already a big "thank you" for the input!
I do believe the savox's make extra noise. However, just make sure your endpoints are correct and you are not pushing your servos beyond limits. Besides, that, I would run it with that extra noise and simply keep an eye on it.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've posted a short video with my issue. You guys say that the Sävox-servo's do make a lot of noise. If this is the noise you are talking about, nothing's wrong... but somehow I feel there's something going (very) wrong.

Here's the video:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Very normal sounds. Just the digital motor trying to make corrections all the time. My spektrum sounds exactly the same way.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One thing I see is that it appears your servo horn is not 90 degrees to the servo.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stanford55 View Post
If someone running a Tekin 4600 could tell me their motor temps and truck weight fully rtr (tires, 2s, body, etc), I'd appreciate it.
tested my Tekin 4600 today, was at 166F.

Speaking of Hobbywing sct pro, I talked a few pages ago I was having a flashing lights problem where both red and green lights are flashing which disables the sensor. I only recently rebuilt my diffs to 5-5-3 from 3-5-2 and now no flashing lights. I have tried everything in the past to fix this problem with the esc but now it seems to work.

Also installed M2C tapered pistons with 30 weight oil, seems to roll a little to much, should I use higher weight like 35 or 40?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds pretty normal for Savox
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ive been eyeing the Ready to Run truck for sometime now. $519 on A-main.
Still debating thou. A shaft drive truck would be better outdoors.
I still believe the Losi is the better buy because it comes with a decent set of tires right out of the box. Bowtie type treads.
There's a guy here locally that bought the ready to run and ran a 3s Lipo on
the esc. I would probably still run a 2s for racing thou. 3s is some crazy speed LOL
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracenut View Post
Gas rat: Your probably under geared. Im running a 15 on an outdoor track. Temps come off at 140. Under-gearing can produce heat also.
Is that at Clark? I'll try the 15 and a 14 to see how those work.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Totally normal....no need to worry. Mine all do the same thing
Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The noise you hear is due to the very narrow deadband on the digital servos. They want to be within ~1% of the correct position vs an analog servo that will position within ~5%. It will always make noise if there is any load on the servo.

I would check to make sure that the steering linkage is 100% free. I found one of the ball links on my son's truck that would not move freely. It had thread lock or something on it from the factory. His servo would make noise on the stand too.

Here's the video:
+ YouTube Video

Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
The noise you hear is due to the very narrow deadband on the digital servos. They want to be within ~1% of the correct position vs an analog servo that will position within ~5%. It will always make noise if there is any load on the servo.

I would check to make sure that the steering linkage is 100% free. I found one of the ball links on my son's truck that would not move freely. It had thread lock or something on it from the factory. His servo would make noise on the stand too.
I would agree, it sounds like all of my trucks with the 1258t. With and without the spectrum and castle combos. It's been my experience that the brown outs are during high load and it seems that the steering is off when under power. I run a BEC on my scte with spectrum receiver, hobbywing esc and castle motor even though I have not experienced a brown out with the truck. I thought I was having glitching last week, but it was actually the steering binding up...
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is it still necessary to put holes in the front windshield on a high-flow body just wanted to know if it would hurt or help
Old 05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Throwindirt View Post
Is it still necessary to put holes in the front windshield on a high-flow body just wanted to know if it would hurt or help
There are holes in the front hood. I don't think they have any scribe marks for the windshield but I am not 100% sure on that.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Frustrating race night for me. Changed my setup and I was very uncomfortable and the truck handled like poop! Stick with what works I say! Dang...

Was running 32.5 front black spring, 30 rear orange spring. Switched to 3 piston front, 4 piston rear, 27.5 all corners and was wallowing and out of shape in the first heat. Changed oil to 32.5 all around and was better, won the C, 2nd in the B but still felt like I was fighting the car.

Going back to old setup with "stock" pistons - whatever comes in the rebuild kit - I don't think hey have numbers.

Wish I never changed anything!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you all guys for the input!!
I really appreciate this!

Now I know that the noise is okay, I'm going to try to get the servo-horn at 90°.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The stock pistons are #3.

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Frustrating race night for me. Changed my setup and I was very uncomfortable and the truck handled like poop! Stick with what works I say! Dang...

Was running 32.5 front black spring, 30 rear orange spring. Switched to 3 piston front, 4 piston rear, 27.5 all corners and was wallowing and out of shape in the first heat. Changed oil to 32.5 all around and was better, won the C, 2nd in the B but still felt like I was fighting the car.

Going back to old setup with "stock" pistons - whatever comes in the rebuild kit - I don't think hey have numbers.

Wish I never changed anything!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.