Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default Converting a SCTE to Nitro.

I am going to convert one of my Losi SCTE's to nitro. I plan on running large outdoor tracks this summer. Anyone have a parts list needed to complete the conversion? I've looked, cant seem to find a definitive list.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys has anyone tried either the M2C or rcshox pistons. I used to run the rcshox in my SC10 4x4 and loved them but have not seen any feedback for the scte. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
I hear ya , I just re-badged mine today with Shoe Goo again .
I bought stock in shoe goo........
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I am going to convert one of my Losi SCTE's to nitro. I plan on running large outdoor tracks this summer. Anyone have a parts list needed to complete the conversion? I've looked, cant seem to find a definitive list.
Jmc23 has a pretty newly built one I think he's selling.. may want to ask might save you some time and money. Basically pull the losi 810 list though.. if you don't go that route.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
yup, i actually have all the 810 parts as i just made my a 810 a sctn(no electrics yet as it wasnt planned to be electric ORIGINALLY)...

i have the 3.4 motor and mounts, 810 chassis and side skirts still attached, 810 body, body mount,s rear driveshaft for 810 chassis as its shorter, front bumper and rear wing and wing mount...and so on

Let me know what you want if you want any of the 810 parts but to warn you i wouldnt go over a .21 as the driveline will not handle much more than that....But hollar if you want any of that stuff cuz another guy PM'd me about them but no response
Old 05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Tyically moving hubs forward on a 4wd reduces fwd bite to free up the rear end on power. Opposite for moving the hub back.

I had a campout planned with my Daughter that weekend that I could not move so I had to miss only my second JBRL event since they started. Wish I was there but had some good family time. Sounds like the track was in amazing shape. I would have loved to have been there but we will back in the series with round #5 at CCR. I have been hearing a lot of great things about Pegasus lately. Might need to make it out there for a club race again soon.
All right, Your excused LOL..Family beats out toy cars everytime.Hope to see You and Ryan out here again!Cheers.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just saying hey, this is my first electric car. I put it on layaway 2 weeks ago and I am picking it up tomorrow. Very excited. Just saying that I will be pretty active in this thread. I have always had nitros and raced for about 3 years and then took a break after getting fed up with them. I went to a local hobby town just to see what the hobby is like now, and was convinced/coerced into buying a scte. I was told it was basically the best, and from what I have read, I agree.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just got my bleeder caps and have a stupid question. Does the o-ring go in the top of the cap, or does it get put on the shock body? I'm used to the V2's and the o-ring goes on the shock body.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
Just got my bleeder caps and have a stupid question. Does the o-ring go in the top of the cap, or does it get put on the shock body? I'm used to the V2's and the o-ring goes on the shock body.
Top of the cap.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
Top of the cap.
Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I had some temp issues with my motor this weekend. Ambient temp was 95, Tekin 4600, 12 pinion, motor came off in the 180's after a 5 min qual. With a few laps before it. I was wondering if others were having the same results??
What other motors are out there that work well with this truck? Preferably the less expensive ones. Should I try running a fan on he motor?
Thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ive searched and been reading this thread for awhile, but maybe someone can help me out with my setup.

Mamba Monster ESC
CC 3800 w/fan
15t pinion

Ive only raced twice with this setup and each qualifier and mains it seemed the motor was hotter than normal. No issues with it while its running, just when Im done it seemed the motor was too hot. Didn't temp it but not sure what to do. I thought of going down a tooth or two on pinion but not sure how much of a difference it would make. Also do you guys think it would be the ESC? Ive read everyone running the Mamba Max Pro, not the Mamba Monster, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for the help
Old 05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistolpete1982
Ive searched and been reading this thread for awhile, but maybe someone can help me out with my setup.

Mamba Monster ESC
CC 3800 w/fan
15t pinion

Ive only raced twice with this setup and each qualifier and mains it seemed the motor was hotter than normal. No issues with it while its running, just when Im done it seemed the motor was too hot. Didn't temp it but not sure what to do. I thought of going down a tooth or two on pinion but not sure how much of a difference it would make. Also do you guys think it would be the ESC? Ive read everyone running the Mamba Max Pro, not the Mamba Monster, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for the help
Hard to comment without a temp reading. However, the scte is heavy so I would expect the castle 3800 motor to run a bit hot.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistolpete1982

Mamba Monster ESC
CC 3800 w/fan
15t pinion

Thanks for the help
i really don't think it's your esc. Probably your gearing might try going down to a 13 tooth and setting your esc's timing to lowest. If that doesn't work try and change your driving style and ease off the throttle and not spin the tires as much. But before you do any of this go buy yourself a temp gun and see how hot your motor is. You usually want it to be below 170.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
i really don't think it's your esc. Probably your gearing might try going down to a 13 tooth and setting your esc's timing to lowest. If that doesn't work try and change your driving style and ease off the throttle and not spin the tires as much. But before you do any of this go buy yourself a temp gun and see how hot your motor is. You usually want it to be below 170.
thanks I'll try going down to 13t and temp it if I get a chance tomorrow, but how do set the esc timing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.