Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Didnt see You at Jbrl,came to watch Pro-4 a main and sportsman.I wanted to see You and Ryan at my home track as well as Nick Blaise tear up the Peg!!!Ryan had a bad start and could not recover(sucks) and Nick had it in the bag but a couple bobbles at the end spelled doom for him.Justin Lew was right there smelling Nick`s back bumper alot but could not close the deal!!Ryan looked pretty tired LOL it was late and I dont think He had the energy to put on His race face on for this one!!!!Our local Phenom Kid Rudy Rico did take the Sportsman 2nd place and very fun to watch!!! See Ya next time Casper ..Cheers!!!!
In reality...I was out front and hit that rythym section with no rythym and BLEW OUT, lol. I tried to get back up there but every time I would make some ground, I would always get the bad end of any tap or anything. I kept at it though and had some fun, but pretty dissappointing. Its never the same without Casper there.

Rudy is getting pretty fast...I love seeing that.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Newby with a SCTE, who has spur gear options. I can't seem to find them on the losi site. Running on a super loose sandy track and temps higher than I would like. RX-8, 4600 Pro 4, running 12-40 (smallest pinion I can fit).

Any help appreciated, Thanks Steve
Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
I've been working on my car and recently I forgot what it does to add spacers in front of the rear hubs and what it does putting them behind. Can anyone help me out.
Tyically moving hubs forward on a 4wd reduces fwd bite to free up the rear end on power. Opposite for moving the hub back.

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Didnt see You at Jbrl,came to watch Pro-4 a main and sportsman.I wanted to see You and Ryan at my home track as well as Nick Blaise tear up the Peg!!!Ryan had a bad start and could not recover(sucks) and Nick had it in the bag but a couple bobbles at the end spelled doom for him.Justin Lew was right there smelling Nick`s back bumper alot but could not close the deal!!Ryan looked pretty tired LOL it was late and I dont think He had the energy to put on His race face on for this one!!!!Our local Phenom Kid Rudy Rico did take the Sportsman 2nd place and very fun to watch!!! See Ya next time Casper ..Cheers!!!!
I had a campout planned with my Daughter that weekend that I could not move so I had to miss only my second JBRL event since they started. Wish I was there but had some good family time. Sounds like the track was in amazing shape. I would have loved to have been there but we will back in the series with round #5 at CCR. I have been hearing a lot of great things about Pegasus lately. Might need to make it out there for a club race again soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yes those setups were developed by those drivers with a ton of track time and experience. No they will not be a one size fits all for everyone at every track but They are great starting points to tune from. I personally run a modified dunford setup (we are usually within 2.5wt of each other) but we find this basic setup to work well in multiple different conditions.
What setup of dunford do you run there are 2 of them?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by yamasledhead View Post
Newby with a SCTE, who has spur gear options. I can't seem to find them on the losi site. Running on a super loose sandy track and temps higher than I would like. RX-8, 4600 Pro 4, running 12-40 (smallest pinion I can fit).

That is a pretty low gear for that setup. What are your motor temps?

Losi only makes the 40 although with some slight mods you can get the 8ight spurs to fit.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kahuna2793 View Post
What setup of dunford do you run there are 2 of them?
I use the new one. I race with Ryan all the time so we tend to adjust our cars similarly once one of us finds something new that is working. We compare notes all the time.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Gear up to 13T or 14T and turn down the current limiter. The motor is getting hot because you're spinning the tires too much. These 4 pole motors do not like to over rev.

Originally Posted by yamasledhead View Post

Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Will a Castle 1410 4 Pole 3800kv have enough power for this truck? Will it run hot?
__________________________________________________ _______
I run the CC 3800 4 pole motor with the HW SCT PRO 120A ESC/ 14t and love it. Factory settings on the ESC and this truck blows the Durangos, AE's and Slashs off of a med to big outdoor track. No heating issues (155)with the CC fan, down on the Gulf Coast. I use a 6400 70c 2s lipo and can get 20mins of hard running with this set up (usually 12min). A 4000 kv 4 pole motor will be the biggest motor I'll run in my lighten up SCTE.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I use the new one. I race with Ryan all the time so we tend to adjust our cars similarly once one of us finds something new that is working. We compare notes all the time.
Casper you and Ryan make driving Losi products fun!!!! Thanks for all the assistance the both of you provide!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The SCTE rearward adjustable battery trays are back in stock. Thanks to some feedback I moved the battery and end plates out 1/8" to help clear the aluminum chassis braces and long rear brace. All pre-orders will ship first thing tomorrow.

You can get more info on my for sale thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tery-tray.html

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Gear up to 13T or 14T and turn down the current limiter. The motor is getting hot because you're spinning the tires too much. These 4 pole motors do not like to over rev.
ya 14t is a nice spot.. 13t is fine for smaller tight tracks but it needs 14t on the bigger tracks for sure. I suggest no timing and play with the limiter to find the sweet spot for temps. I actually just pulled my 4600 out.. My finger and it don't agree w/ each other. I like a different power band. Great shape only 5 race days on it (~90minutes) missed a few heats getting to the track late, but figure w/ practice it balances out; never over 200 if anyone is looking for one
Old 05-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default For sure

For sure
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm sure this has been asked recently but...

Any update from Losi on actually getting the TLR8060 body into the hands of consumers anytime soon? I dunno how much more Shoe Goo I can stuff into my current body waiting...
Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post

Any update from Losi on actually getting the TLR8060 body into the hands of consumers anytime soon? I dunno how much more Shoe Goo I can stuff into my current body waiting...
Corvallis! Go Beavers!

The current date in the system is 5/28 so there is a good chance you will see them by the end of the month in stores or at least first week of June.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post

They are currently being bagged in our warehouse. They should ship by the end of this week it looks like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.