Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
There is no way Losi is gonna let this sit till June,they will lose many people that have not yet gotten this truck but want to.I hope that they just source them locally instead of some overseas deal!Any body including Losi can contact a screw machine shop to have these made just about anywhere,even you! The quantity they are looking at will bring the cost down to maybe a dollar a set, but for a single set or three probably a lot more!!
I can tell you we have sent many sets out already and are getting sets to CS in IL to send the pins out as most dont need full gear sets. We most certainly are not waiting until June to fix this.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D-money
I have found that running the front springs in the rear works great for me.
Yeah, I run the front on the rear as well. They feel more progressive but we are working on some things in the spring dept anyways.

Originally Posted by pword
ryan, does SCTE share the same steering bellcrank as 8ight? thanks in advance!
No, it does not.

Originally Posted by BmainStar
There is no way Losi is gonna let this sit till June,they will lose many people that have not yet gotten this truck but want to.I hope that they just source them locally instead of some overseas deal!Any body including Losi can contact a screw machine shop to have these made just about anywhere,even you! The quantity they are looking at will bring the cost down to maybe a dollar a set, but for a single set or three probably a lot more!!
Originally Posted by wcrase101
word I'm gonna miss out on the carpet season cause I gotta wait till june I wasn't really upset till they said june

But I do respect the fact that they are helping us out, instead of sticking us with a problem to fix ourselves.

if I used the asscocated pins for a temp fix, is there a way to shim them so there is no slop, or can anyone tell me how long they got away using one?

hope I didn't fry the gears
also does anyone know when the springs are gonna be released?
Originally Posted by b121774
That's funny I just got off the phone with them as well and the guy had no idea about this. He told me June
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I was told the same thing on Friday afternoon
Originally Posted by flysullivan
Yeah, it is ridiculous...but its worth not having to hang it up for half the season after dropping $600 on a truck. I saw something about contacting Horizon and letting them know we got the bad shafts....does that mean they will send us the new ones for free? If so, what do we need to provide them for proof of purchase?
Originally Posted by kerby
I called Sat. and yes they are going to replace them......told me June, so I don't know if they re getting them sooner and just don't know exact date. I'm going to make some from hardened alloy steel. I just don't know how the 1mm shorter SC10 pins will hold up and if they fail how bad the damage will be. I figure I'd wait and put the appropriate size in. On a good note a box of 50 pins are $8 and just need the notch. If things go well the boys @ Proving Grounds in Jenison Michigan will be set by next week........
To all...if you have been reading my posts, I have said many times we are working on this. You will be taken care of shortly if you already contact customer service.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCJammer
Strange... I'm running 15T/40, RX8, SC4x 4.5T, with a Dynamite 6000 I was able to finish a 10min Main, no problem. The motor is running a little hot (175), like some people here. I plan to try a heatsink next time I'm at the track to help with temps. The RX8 and the battery are just warm to the touch. Also might try gearing up to 16T - like someone here suggested, this might mean the motor is undergeared.
I don't know about gearing up, I started at 16T and I ran it slightly aggressively for 6 minutes......which was just about when I hit the LVC and the temps were at 190....ouch. So as I went to a lower pinion, the temps dropped and the run time increased slightly. I can deal with the temps but when the juice runs out that concerns me more.

My MaxAmps have never failed in the run-time department....until I used them on this rig. I'm currently running 2S 7.4 6500mAh.......they advertise 60C but we all know that has been a big debate since who knows when. Nonetheless, I have been happy with their performance on my other rigs. Always plenty of power and plenty of run-time.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chiro972
I'm still at a loss as to why everyone is putting 1/8 scale shocks on this car. The stock shocks seem awfully good. I know all of us who had jammins think shock upgrades are a must since those were so undersized, but I think I'm going to stick with the stockers on this rig. It's already heavy enough, no need to add bigger hardware and especially the weight of extra oil in those big shocks will add to the weight of the truck.
The stock shocks are great, but I've driven on the 8 shocks and they are even better. Indoor tracks you might not notice it too much, but I can see the advantages outdoor. The 8 shocks cant weigh too much more.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My big question is why is everyone so concerned with the weight of this truck. Mine outruns the 8th scale buggies at my track. I dont think weight is slowing it down too much. Just remember it was based off a nitro truggy, not an electric 4wd buggy. I could understand if you were to run stock but this truck is a mod 4wd beast. I dont forsee anyone putting a 13.5 in one of these any time soon.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
The stock shocks are great, but I've driven on the 8 shocks and they are even better. Indoor tracks you might not notice it too much, but I can see the advantages outdoor. The 8 shocks cant weigh too much more.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My big question is why is everyone so concerned with the weight of this truck. Mine outruns the 8th scale buggies at my track. I dont think weight is slowing it down too much. Just remember it was based off a nitro truggy, not an electric 4wd buggy. I could understand if you were to run stock but this truck is a mod 4wd beast. I dont forsee anyone putting a 13.5 in one of these any time soon.
The shocks probably don't weigh a whole lot more, but the fluid inside them probably does add a fair amount when the difference is multiplied by four.

But I certainly understand people wanting to mess around and add their own engineering. I'm more of the mindset that if the team guys are winning on some big tracks like mine then I'm going to try to emulate their setups. But to each their own. I know that's part of the fun for some folks.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey I just received what must be the last couple sets of the diff gear sets in the mail from an online hobby shop. Is there any way that I can tell if the shafts are hardened or not. Is there a way to visibly tell? I called horizon and should be recieveing the updates shafts from them but I got these as a stop gap measure hoping that they would be hardened.

Phil
Old 03-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I found out after a couple runs that my pins are not hardened. I have said a few times in this long thread that I have been buying Losi's since the early 80's and almost every new car they come out with (this goes for every manufacturer) has had some little glitch that needed to be worked out.

The difference with Losi is that they have always been very good about getting it resolved quickly and doing the right thing by the customer. Relax guys, they'll get us going quickly.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dominator79
Hey I just received what must be the last couple sets of the diff gear sets in the mail from an online hobby shop. Is there any way that I can tell if the shafts are hardened or not. Is there a way to visibly tell? I called horizon and should be recieveing the updates shafts from them but I got these as a stop gap measure hoping that they would be hardened.

Phil
Chances are, they are the original ones from a TEN-T which means they should last longer than what came in the SCTE (bad batch) but not nearly as longer as what Horizon will send you as a replacement.

Originally Posted by chiro972
I found out after a couple runs that my pins are not hardened. I have said a few times in this long thread that I have been buying Losi's since the early 80's and almost every new car they come out with (this goes for every manufacturer) has had some little glitch that needed to be worked out.

The difference with Losi is that they have always been very good about getting it resolved quickly and doing the right thing by the customer. Relax guys, they'll get us going quickly.
We tried getting it right fromt he get go...a lot of good that did, grrrr. But we are taking care of those that bought the SCTE for sure.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Keep up the good work Ryan!!!

if we registered our cars online will we get the replacements or does a call put you in the que earlier????
Old 03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I need pins for both my 810 and the SCTE. Where do I call to get them??? Losi or Horizon?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Official weigh in on the way. losi 8 shocks and stock. I mounted up a set of protrac wheels yesterday and had to dremel out the inner webbing of the wheels for the front. They work great. Hot bodies beams seem to be a good tire for compact clay surfaces. Really perform well when it dries out compared to the wishbones or barcodes.
Hey Ryan,

Is there any chance that the front center diff mount will be available in aluminum. With all the wobble from the pin wear the bearing oblonged the hole where the bearing goes. Time bomb. lol
Im running a very high torque 4 pole castle. might be why my pins look worse than everyone else's.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan-o
Keep up the good work Ryan!!!

if we registered our cars online will we get the replacements or does a call put you in the que earlier????
Well, not all of them had bad pins. So, you will want to call if yours are bad to get the replacement pins.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone having issues with the diffs leaking when using oil. Easy fix , use two gaskets with a light film of grease. No more leak.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Been running the truck for little bit.1Race night and 2 practice days.Stock shocks work great,but the big bores(Losi) make it better everywere. This is after playing with the stock shocks to see how good I could get it. Losi 8 buggy shocks with 35f and 30r with green srings is the best setup so far for me. Also found out AKA rims for slash, front or rear work with no rubbing at all up front.Also used spure from 8 buggy 45thooth with just alittle bit of work
Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by osobad
Been running the truck for little bit.1Race night and 2 practice days.Stock shocks work great,but the big bores(Losi) make it better everywere. This is after playing with the stock shocks to see how good I could get it. Losi 8 buggy shocks with 35f and 30r with green srings is the best setup so far for me. Also found out AKA rims for slash, front or rear work with no rubbing at all up front.
Is the width on the aka still roar legal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.