Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb View Post
Mine was doing that with 5 5 3 in it. I switched out to 7 5 3 and it went away, on top of that I added about 8 grams to the chassis right in front of the rear diff for more rear traction.
so you changed the front diff oil? mine is fcb 552

cheers
muz
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

edit
Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation man of 100 questions

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Tires:

Are you guys running all four of the same tire or are you mixing the tires from front to rear? If so on loose clay would you place the a higher nub or smaller nub tire on the front vs the rear?

Thanks
Use matching tires,,,,... deep pinz for loose conditions,,, shalow for high grip
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Use matching tires,,,,... deep pinz for loose conditions,,, shalow for high grip
Well i will listen to you because you run on our local tracks, i was at coral today good day of running......

Question, had my center diff fluid actually seep out completely... i think it just might be the ae fluid i used, are you guys doing anything to the center diff I'm not? i have other Losi cars and my 8E diffs are quite similar...but don't leak....also they seem to be a little loose are you guys shimming them? I refilled the diff with Losi fluid and she hauled As* lol!!! Any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!!! oh i purchased a new diff housing as well!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Well i will listen to you because you run on our local tracks, i was at coral today good day of running......

Question, had my center diff fluid actually seep out completely... i think it just might be the ae fluid i used, are you guys doing anything to the center diff I'm not? i have other Losi cars and my 8E diffs are quite similar...but don't leak....also they seem to be a little loose are you guys shimming them? I refilled the diff with Losi fluid and she hauled As* lol!!! Any help will be appreciated!!!

Im new to all of this and the same thing happened to me the centre diff leaked spraying oil all around the spur gear .

I had success with silicone sealant i ran a very fine bead around the face of it then screwed it back together , Ran the car all day and so far all good no leaks.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzzytt View Post
Im new to all of this and the same thing happened to me the centre diff leaked spraying oil all around the spur gear .

I had success with silicone sealant i ran a very fine bead around the face of it then screwed it back together , Ran the car all day and so far all good no leaks.
i might have to try that!!! good tip thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Got the RPM front bumper a few days ago, modded it a little.

Initial impression: it's beefy, and heavy. Heavier than stock. Cut down it's about the same weight. I think I cut off about 1/2 the material and added some holes.

Not a huge fan of the grill/front part of the bumper mostly because the screws that come with were all too long and had to be cut and I'm not certain they won't pull out based on the material. Time will tell.

For now I like it. Stock front bumper doesn't have much style, but is very functional. Aesthetically I like the RPM bumper.

Built in front skid is ok I suppose (I'm not a big fan of skid plates).

File this under "Great for bashers".
The only thing i didnt like about it was my body got caught on the top of the grill sometimes.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Does anybody know if the Kingheadz alum center diff mounts fit on the stock SCTE chassis ?

Also on the HA metal balls is that what its called ? I know il need some new ball ends also.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Does anybody know if the Kingheadz alum center diff mounts fit on the stock SCTE chassis ?

Also on the HA metal balls is that what its called ? I know il need some new ball ends also.
the kh part fits on all chassis.. great part iMO.

Not sure what you are asking about the HA upgrade, they are nice and can swap into your current plastics unless you have warn parts then just replace the ends as well in one shot.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anyone had this problem yet?

Im running De Wheels and the right rear tire keeps falling off. I took a look at it today and the Hex in my tire seems rounded. this would be the second pair of tires this has happened to.

I plan on switching to other wheels but i was wondering if this happened with anyone else.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
Has anyone had this problem yet?

Im running De Wheels and the right rear tire keeps falling off. I took a look at it today and the Hex in my tire seems rounded. this would be the second pair of tires this has happened to.

I plan on switching to other wheels but i was wondering if this happened with anyone else.
DE Wheels are solid with the Losi SCTE. The SCTE stock nuts are garbage though, they seem to wear out fast. I see a lot of people switch to the Traxxas Serrated nuts (same as slash ones).
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
DE Wheels are solid with the Losi SCTE. The SCTE stock nuts are garbage though, they seem to wear out fast. I see a lot of people switch to the Traxxas Serrated nuts (same as slash ones).
I've had the same thing happen with Losi and DE wheels. You are right, it's not the wheels but inadequate wheels nuts coming loose, allowing the wheel to slide to where there's not enough bite and quickly rounding it out. This can also happen if the wheel is not seated squarely on the hex - the DE wheels are a nice tight fit and need to be pressed on and tightened properly....
Old 05-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Hpi serrated wheel nuts are are very good also.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

+1
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

You need to put grease around the metal insert, that is usually where it leaks out. Some guys say to glue the insert in, I have done both methods. They both work, matter of preference. I would rather be able to remove the insert easily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.