Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Loamy - hard packed w/ loose top (usually edges, not the main lines)
no loam - hard packed swept or just nothing loose left on top
wet loam - hard packed w/ loose top that was watered down to control dust
blue groove - hard packed, area where you see tire tread build up wearing out on the track
Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Why is the 4 holes in front shower slotted ? Seems like it would eventualy slide to the top of hole after a few racedays.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Loamy - hard packed w/ loose top (usually edges, not the main lines)
no loam - hard packed swept or just nothing loose left on top
wet loam - hard packed w/ loose top that was watered down to control dust
blue groove - hard packed, area where you see tire tread build up wearing out on the track
gotcha!!! perfectly explained!!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

got it down to 6 pounds 9 oz. with bat and body...Is that a good weight ?
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-5-4-2012-007.jpg
Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
got it down to 6 pounds 9 oz. with bat and body...Is that a good weight ?
Attachment 916432

That looks good. Although im curious about if you make it lighter does bit make the truck worse jumping wise when its windy outside ?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-5-4-2012-005.jpg

ChrisAttebery's new battery holder installed. Thanks Chris its a nice add on for the losi

Last month I did some testing for Jeff at pro match racing. a new battery 6800 70 C 2 cell and after twenty packs running down to low volt cut off.. it took 6924 MAH back in a few times. some more some less.... this battery is the best for run times. I got, with a pro 4, 14 tooth pin ,..70 % on rx8 speed control... With weighing 6 ponds 9 oz. with body . I was getting 14 to 17 min of hard racing. so any body needing a battery.. to get to those ten min mains with a few laps to play. I have found it. I also tested a few others and if you want that information to compare too,.. pm me.. I wont start a war about whoe's best and how they handle emails of things that happened a yr ago. Jeffs working on getting you good rated batteries, that are better then most for a better price. under 90 you cant go wrong. and you dont have to wait a month to clear customs.. Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
That looks good. Although im curious about if you make it lighter does bit make the truck worse jumping wise when its windy outside ?
with the pro line body cut to the max for venting..... it flys level..... NOW with a 30 mph wind... thats a different story. I really like the way the BCE chassis handles the track. It didnt work to well when I first put it together ,, It took some tuning to get it right.,, NOW when it gets windy Moving the battery around helps,, and thats another story, another day...

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-5-4-2012-005.jpg
Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Why is the 4 holes in front shower slotted ? Seems like it would eventualy slide to the top of hole after a few racedays.
Whats up man ? Ionly reason i can think of is the guys over at losi r nutz who wouod allow a shock tower to potentialy move wile racing?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Prophet

=chucko;10688124]with the pro line body cut to the max for venting..... it flys level..... NOW with a 30 mph wind... thats a different story. I really like the way the BCE chassis handles the track. It didnt work to well when I first put it together ,, It took some tuning to get it right.,, NOW when it gets windy Moving the battery around helps,, and thats another story, another day...

Oh ok yea i had some holes cut into the stock SCTE body but not all of them i did notice a couple of times last Sunday while i racing it did funny things in the air . The wind wasnt blowing gusty about 20 mph.

I think actually a heavyer body would help with that i think. My SCTE is stock pretty much.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
=chucko;10688124]with the pro line body cut to the max for venting..... it flys level..... NOW with a 30 mph wind... thats a different story. I really like the way the BCE chassis handles the track. It didnt work to well when I first put it together ,, It took some tuning to get it right.,, NOW when it gets windy Moving the battery around helps,, and thats another story, another day...

Oh ok yea i had some holes cut into the stock SCTE body but not all of them i did notice a couple of times last Sunday while i racing it did funny things in the air . The wind wasnt blowing gusty about 20 mph.

I think actually a heavyer body would help with that i think. My SCTE is stock pretty much.
The difference between the losi and the pro line body is... for me... pro line .9 oz heaver. both with three colors, same, stripping, and decals. same holes. no wings on stock losi body. holes in front win shield and back fans cut out
Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Whats up man ? Ionly reason i can think of is the guys over at losi r nutz who wouod allow a shock tower to potentialy move wile racing?
Which holes exactly?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This has to do with the angles introduced on that front clip between the tower and the diff case. The tower keys into the case so there is never any reason for it moving. But those holes are at an angle due to as you screw the twoer back in, it changes angles...sounds wierd but before we did this, customers would strip things at times becuase they were not careful.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dakar Dad View Post
Exciting West Coast R/C Raceway race with Chris Blais in 4WD Short Course having a close race with second place and only finishing in first place near the end. Racing on Proline tires bringing him to get the first position at the finish.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And a whole lot more!
Sick stuff for sure!!Thats talent for sure! Thanx for sharing Martin!!

What? Alum tower???
Old 05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
Attachment 916433

Last month I did some testing for Jeff at pro match racing. a new battery 6800 70 C 2 cell and after twenty packs running down to low volt cut off.. it took 6924 MAH back in a few times. some more some less.... this battery is the best for run times. I got, with a pro 4, 14 tooth pin ,..70 % on rx8 speed control... With weighing 6 ponds 9 oz. with body . I was getting 14 to 17 min of hard racing. so any body needing a battery.. to get to those ten min mains with a few laps to play. I have found it. I also tested a few others and if you want that information to compare too,.. pm me.. I wont start a war about whoe's best and how they handle emails of things that happened a yr ago. Jeffs working on getting you good rated batteries, that are better then most for a better price. under 90 you cant go wrong. and you dont have to wait a month to clear customs.. Thanks
Tell me more, sounds interesting!
I was looking at getting some of the 6600 nanotechs, how would these compare? The 70C sounds interesting...
Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

yea the stock towers have a sloted hole and so does the snr graphite as i seen them on there web site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.