Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
My SCTE is on it's way!!! Hopefully it will make it for friday night carpet offroad!! Just gonna plop a 2 cell in and hope for the best.
Swaite!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Swaite!!!!
yeah, hopefully I don't completely embarrass myself
Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by symmetricon
i raced at the jconcepts indoor nats this past weekend, and struggled to get enough steering out of my truck(first time racing 1/10 style indoor track). i did well enough to get into the b main out of 50+ sct, but felt like the truck was lacking some major steering. After watching how tightly (and knowing first hand) how the sc10 4x4 corners i was kinda bummed(got rid of mine). then i got to drive my friends durango, and that thin had steering like a touring car on rails. so in the b main, after some more tweeking i finally got more steering, but it was edgy and wanted to traction roll.Oh well
Hey Sym, I just switched to the losi as well and lack a ton of steering I am in the same boat. With the sc10 4wd I am used to having to turn my EPA down with the losi its the opposite im turning my EPA over 100. But I will never go back to the AE. I would rather deal with not having enough steering then try to tune my AE for hours and still cant get it where I want it. (Personally I think we are spoiled and got used to tons and tons of steering the AE has).

What did you change to try to get more steering? I will give them a try.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Hey Sym, I just switched to the losi as well and lack a ton of steering I am in the same boat. With the sc10 4wd I am used to having to turn my EPA down with the losi its the opposite im turning my EPA over 100. But I will never go back to the AE. I would rather deal with not having enough steering then try to tune my AE for hours and still cant get it where I want it. (Personally I think we are spoiled and got used to tons and tons of steering the AE has).

Really? Must be some sorta setup issue, I have my steering expo turned down!
I have TONS of steering. Is it a wrong tire issue or wrong setup issue? I've been running Dustin Evans setup and it turns on a dime! I have heard of guys removing the sway bar or raising the front inner camber link and have success though!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

no swaybar in the front, upper camber link front and rear, 3/3/1, unscrew the shock ends 2 turns, bring the rear shock to 2-middle

still not dialed to where I am satisfied, but will work on it next time I am in Dallas. Unfortunatly, i dont have the luxury to run indoor in Houston, but am gonna get that fixed
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecman26
Really? Must be some sorta setup issue, I have my steering expo turned down!
I have TONS of steering. Is it a wrong tire issue or wrong setup issue? I've been running Dustin Evans setup and it turns on a dime! I have heard of guys removing the sway bar or raising the front inner camber link and have success though!
you probably have not driven an sc10 4x4 ? they have mad steering.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

you probably have not driven an sc10 4x4 ? they have mad steering.
Nope, went from a no turning Jammin to the beast Losi, the SC10 didn't impress me as much as the Losi did! Too twitchey... I don't like twitchey...
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

no swaybar in the front, upper camber link front and rear, 3/3/1, unscrew the shock ends 2 turns, bring the rear shock to 2-middle

still not dialed to where I am satisfied, but will work on it next time I am in Dallas. Unfortunatly, i dont have the luxury to run indoor in Houston, but am gonna get that fixed
Thanks Sym will give those changes a try.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Sym will give those changes a try.
keep in mind this is for a tight smooth indoor track with medium traction
Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Two stage pistons

I have been playing around with these two stage pistons from RC Shox for a while now. Actually I put them in the truck before I ever drove it for the first time. Initially I just did the Phend set up to the tee with the two stage pistons in place. It worked good, but I went about getting it to work better.

I went ahead and took advantage of the opportunity to run more dampening by upping the shock oil to 40 front and 35 rear. I also increased the spring rates one step. I have got purple and silver springs from the spring kit on there now. That is one step up from the black orange combo that is so popular.

I raced the truck last week on the new Coral Springs lay out. I did very well and handled well. My tires where not the right ones so I was having some traction issues, but that was my only real problem. The truck sucks up jumps and bumps almost like a real trophy truck. lands like a wet rag off of jumps, and there do not seem to be any disadvantages right now.

I am going to increase the speed of the rebound just slightly now though. The two stage pistons come drilled with 1.1mm holes on the compression part of the piston, and 1.3mm holes on the rebound side. I am going to increase the size of the rebound holes to 1.4mm all the way around. I lost a little rebound speed when I switched to the higher weight oil. Also in the back I am going to increase the size of the compression holes up to 1.2mm.

I will report back my findings when I can.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
I have been playing around with these two stage pistons from RC Shox for a while now. Actually I put them in the truck before I ever drove it for the first time. Initially I just did the Phend set up to the tee with the two stage pistons in place. It worked good, but I went about getting it to work better.

I went ahead and took advantage of the opportunity to run more dampening by upping the shock oil to 40 front and 35 rear. I also increased the spring rates one step. I have got purple and silver springs from the spring kit on there now. That is one step up from the black orange combo that is so popular.

I raced the truck last week on the new Coral Springs lay out. I did very well and handled well. My tires where not the right ones so I was having some traction issues, but that was my only real problem. The truck sucks up jumps and bumps almost like a real trophy truck. lands like a wet rag off of jumps, and there do not seem to be any disadvantages right now.

I am going to increase the speed of the rebound just slightly now though. The two stage pistons come drilled with 1.1mm holes on the compression part of the piston, and 1.3mm holes on the rebound side. I am going to increase the size of the rebound holes to 1.4mm all the way around. I lost a little rebound speed when I switched to the higher weight oil. Also in the back I am going to increase the size of the compression holes up to 1.2mm.

I will report back my findings when I can.
I have been playing around with the 2 stage shocks as well. At the Jconcepts race i was testing out anewe 4hole 1.1/1.2 rebound piston. I ran 25wt front and 20wt rear with green front springs and red rear spring. The combo worked very well after i strted to get the rest of my setup right! I will be stesting them soon on our outdoor 1/8 track that I run all the time at to see if my laptime are better than they were with the modified 6hole configuration.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I am playing around with the m2c 8 hole tapered pistons on a large outdoor track. I am fairly pleased with them so far. I started at 27.5 front and rear like m2c advised but now I'm at 35 front and 22.5 rear the front seemed too springy and the rear to slow to rebound I'm also trying softer springs front and rear than the orange black combo. I haven't got to test it much yet but I will also report back with what I found to work best.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
I am playing around with the m2c 8 hole tapered pistons on a large outdoor track. I am fairly pleased with them so far. I started at 27.5 front and rear like m2c advised but now I'm at 35 front and 22.5 rear the front seemed too springy and the rear to slow to rebound I'm also trying softer springs front and rear than the orange black combo. I haven't got to test it much yet but I will also report back with what I found to work best.
i had the m2c pistons in my truck when I bought it used, and couldnt get the rear end to act right. i had to run real thick in the rear to keep it from slapping off our big tripple.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
yeah, hopefully I don't completely embarrass myself
Remember[Free The Mind and the Body will Follow]
Old 04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I also have the 2 stage pistons see sig below lol AND DONT CALL THEM FLAPPERS. using 25 front 27.5 rear
black front purple back. this truck handles like its on rails. try them, you will like them very much. I also almost feel like I am cheating

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.