Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Nah, I ran the 5200 sc401 (unsensored) for the last couple weeks on our small, tight indoor track with a 12T. Never got over 120.

With brushless motors, you get faster, more power, more torque everywhere when you gear up (not taking into account traction, esc, and battery limitations). The higher the load, the more amps they will draw (when you gear up, you are increasing the load). With that, you gear for the speed/power you want while making sure your temps are in check. 14T on a large track should be plenty.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Are the stock Losi bodies pretty good on these trucks? Don't want to waste time painting it if it is going to fall apart. Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
ok so what i run for my losi 8e will work on here....can you say sweet! lol
That was done on purpose!

Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
Are the stock Losi bodies pretty good on these trucks? Don't want to waste time painting it if it is going to fall apart. Thanks
The bodies will crack first just in front of the windshield most likely but they do hold up pretty well. Not really any worse then anything else I see out there.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Nah, I ran the 5200 sc401 (unsensored) for the last couple weeks on our small, tight indoor track with a 12T. Never got over 120.

With brushless motors, you get faster, more power, more torque everywhere when you gear up (not taking into account traction, esc, and battery limitations). The higher the load, the more amps they will draw (when you gear up, you are increasing the load). With that, you gear for the speed/power you want while making sure your temps are in check. 14T on a large track should be plenty.
ok cool....

thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
That was done on purpose!

The bodies will crack first just in front of the windshield most likely but they do hold up pretty well. Not really any worse then anything else I see out there.
we are using a hpi body post mounted in the hole in the top plate with a z bend and it comes thru the the center hole in the windshield. the post uses a pivoting mount just like the stock body mounts.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Shoe Goo and fiberglass drywall tape at any and all stress points(body mounts , front fenders , rear end ect.) will make a body last 4-5 times longer than one without it .
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Shoe Goo and fiberglass drywall tape at any and all stress points(body mounts , front fenders , rear end ect.) will make a body last 4-5 times longer than one without it .
+1.. did that to my last body.. not a single crack yet..
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Default radio settings...

i know all radios are different and servos...esc's and motors.....

I wanted to get an idea of what sub trim, epa, expo, etc....

also drag brake if any?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Prophet

i know all radios are different and servos...esc's and motors.....

I wanted to get an idea of what sub trim, epa, expo, etc....

also drag brake if any?

Thanks
Things like sub trim and EPA are used to adjust your cars servo to center and adjust the left and right throw to get max steering from your car left and right.

EXPO is something some play with for throttle as it can give more punch for stock on high traction or help with getting the car rolling out of a corner in low traction.

Drag brake. Depends on the car. For 4X4 SC the trucks tend to have plenty of natural drag due to all the moving parts we tend to turn this off but for something like a 2wd buggy or TC this can be a great tuning aid to help the car naturally slow down for some corners and can be much more conisistant then relying on using the trigger. All things you need to experiement with so you can see how it effects things so you know when you get into certain situations you can make adjustments to help.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Things like sub trim and EPA are used to adjust your cars servo to center and adjust the left and right throw to get max steering from your car left and right.

EXPO is something some play with for throttle as it can give more punch for stock on high traction or help with getting the car rolling out of a corner in low traction.

Drag brake. Depends on the car. For 4X4 SC the trucks tend to have plenty of natural drag due to all the moving parts we tend to turn this off but for something like a 2wd buggy or TC this can be a great tuning aid to help the car naturally slow down for some corners and can be much more conisistant then relying on using the trigger. All things you need to experiement with so you can see how it effects things so you know when you get into certain situations you can make adjustments to help.
Man your a friendly ghost!!! lol

Ok that provides me with a starting ground.... how is dual rate utilized?

thanks

Daryl
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Dual rate will take away steering from both left and right at the same time. If the track is loose or the car is oversteering bad this will desensitize the steering by taking away some throw and numb out the steering some. Something that is used a lot more in onroad then I see it in offroad. In offroad we counter steer a lot and full lock is good for that. In something like pan car this may be required otherwise the car will steer far too much and be uncontrollable.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

.... how is dual rate utilized?
At my age, dual rate and steering expo is utilized with tremendous gratitude If I ever had to drive with no steering expo and using 100% dual rate I'd look even more embarassing than I do already....
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I have a quick question, what are these for?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Screw-Washers

I am not quite sure what they are for as the description is a lil confusing...
Wait, wait, I know the answer to this one...

These washers work great with 3mm electric motor screws any time the motor mount has an adjustment slot in it. Regular washers tend to deform down into the adjustment slot - you won't bend these bad boys. They are extra thick, and are case hardened besides, so crank down on those motor mount screws to your hearts content...or untill you strip the screw holes in the motor can...
Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

What inserts are recomended for the front end? Is anyone running .5 or 1 of additional kick up? How does it affect steering?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
What inserts are recomended for the front end? Is anyone running .5 or 1 of additional kick up? How does it affect steering?
More castor generally will net you a feeling of less steering into the corner, more on exit. Also, you have to watch what you adjust because you can drastically change the "bump-steer". As you lay the front bulkhead back more, you might have to raise the tire rod at the knuckle, or you will get increasing bump-steer.

Every setup I have seen has used zero inserts everywhere in the front.

Also, in general, with the tower laid back more, it will feel a little more controlled going over small chop or bumps, but it will be less forgiving on big ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.