Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I just posted about this on the prior page. They hit our IL warehouse and already are shipping. I am trying to get he CA warehouse ones through QC and shipping today or tomorrow.
Thanks, ill pass on the news
Old 04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by N8racer View Post
Guess Horizon sent me a batch of old pins when this issue first cropped up! I have not had much chance to run my truck but 8 times since I replaced mine and they are shockingly warn badly!! I thought I was getting the new hardened pins when they sent me the new ones. I contacted them and they said I had to go online and fill out a request online and I'm still waiting on a response from Horizon on if they will send me the actual hardened pins or not. Just a bit frustrated is all, but I love my SCTE and have no regrets buying it!! I just hope they do the right thing and send me new pins so I can get up and running again!!
Just call Losi support and they should get you taken care of. This issue was resolved over a year ago now and everything that is in the package with the new gears is the harder pins.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Just call Losi support and they should get you taken care of. This issue was resolved over a year ago now and everything that is in the package with the new gears is the harder pins.
Hey man....Loving your SETUP!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok I'll try Losi Support. Horizon support made me go online and put in a ticket and have not heard back from them. I know the issue was taken care of and I got new pins and installed them, so that is why I was sooo shocked when I cracked open my diffs as I thought I had received the new hard pins. Thanks for the response Ryan!!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just posted about this on the prior page. But I cross read some lines so let me clarify. It has hit both warehouses and passed QC. It has shipped out of CA and should start shipping out of IL today.
I hope so, I have a Bump edition on my wish list through Nitro House, and need to get it quickly so I can start racing again. I just sold my SC10 4X4...............
Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
I hope so, I have a Bump edition on my wish list through Nitro House, and need to get it quickly so I can start racing again. I just sold my SC10 4X4...............
You will enjoy the change in vehicles. I am about 2sec faster per lap on average with y heavily modded SCTE vs modded SC10 4x4. Hopefully you have the same results
Old 04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
i've never used an orion carbon (buddy of mine did and it puffed within the first 2 or 3 charges and orion and horizon told him to pound salt), but i have used the gens ace and the nano's. the nano's have been superior in every way. of course it holds more charge as the nano is 6000 and the gens ace is 5000, but the nano has more punch. i have had 4 of them. on one of them, the battery terminal inside the lipo got hot and melted the case. it was from a faulty banana plug, so i wouldn't use the supplied wiring harness for anything but charging. the other 3 nano's have performed flawlessly.

i'm fairly certain that the nano will be at least the equal of the orion.
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I hope so, I've only used the carbon pro 90c 6500s (in the orion battery line), and I have a couple they have been flawless in my scte and short course vehicles actually by far the best I've owned. But if I can buy as good of a batt for less I'm all for it. I'll be staying away for gens ace for future buys, and I'll see soon enough if the nano collection increases. Also trying a few 6s nano's this year too in my 1/8s.
Managed to get some track time today, while the performance was very good for the new nano 6600mah, you could still feel a difference in punch and recovery with the orion carbons 90c 6500 packs. I will say for the difference in price there is no better value imo, and with out question the nano's are better than the gens ace that I've used. You can get two 6600 nano's for the price of one carbon. The nano's did also run nearly 8' warmer as well.. Not an issue in our application, but maybe important for anyone using in 1/8 racing. I'm racing Friday so we'll see how the nano does under true pressure.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thinking of getting a losi scte but wondering what esc/motor to run. I know this has been discussed several times before, but I already have one of these...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVHA5

is this too much motor for this truck?

will only run 2s lipo on it.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistolpete1982 View Post
Thinking of getting a losi scte but wondering what esc/motor to run. I know this has been discussed several times before, but I already have one of these...

Same price $358 you can get a RX8 and pro-4 motor. I would go that route.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In my opinion the kv of that motor is just too low for 2s. For example, the losi rtr motor is 2800kv and requires the use of a 18 tooth pinion (20 is max). I just don't think the motor will turn enough rpm with 2s and available gearing. I think some have run the higher 2650 kv buggy motor with good results. Of course, you can use the esc. On 3s it would prolly rip.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Managed to get some track time today, while the performance was very good for the new nano 6600mah, you could still feel a difference in punch and recovery with the orion carbons 90c 6500 packs. I will say for the difference in price there is no better value imo, and with out question the nano's are better than the gens ace that I've used. You can get two 6600 nano's for the price of one carbon. The nano's did also run nearly 8' warmer as well.. Not an issue in our application, but maybe important for anyone using in 1/8 racing. I'm racing Friday so we'll see how the nano does under true pressure.
I have found the Nano's to be every bit as powerful as the higher priced lipos.
They have lasted 10x's longer than my Orion carbon's
I ran the Promatch 6000's last weekend and while powerful the mah capacity is not 6000. Sad to say
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Yes it's too much.. not only is it wicked heavy you will have to gear it through the roof to get decent speed on 2s lipo.

The MMM esc will work fine for senesorless motors if you already own it but as casper noted the tekin pro4 route would be a much wiser choice.

If you already have the MMM, snag a castle 1410 motor off ebay or a similar sensorless tenshock motor and you'll be styling.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Yea i wouldnt go with that motor/Esc ethier running on 2s trust me it will not move lol. Not to mention tons of added weight .
Old 04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
I have found the Nano's to be every bit as powerful as the higher priced lipos.
They have lasted 10x's longer than my Orion carbon's
I ran the Promatch 6000's last weekend and while powerful the mah capacity is not 6000. Sad to say
Did you use the nano 6k or the new 6.6k? I've never ran the 6k's but it's clear the nano I have while a great value isn't quite as good as my orion, mind you the orion was purchased last summer and still has more punch and quicker recovery. But who knows maybe there were bad batches of either packs... I only can speak to what I own, both my orion's are outstand packs, still with out a doubt the best I've run in my scte. The nano is a very impressive pack and easily #2 for performance and by far #1 for price.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I ran 1/8th scale 2650 kv lrp in mine when I first got it. ran okay on 2s but was geared to the moon and only advantage I had on people with 550 cans(4 poles weren't out yet) was I could punt them off the track with all the weight I was carrying . I would sell that combo and go tekin like casper said.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.