Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Casper
They should all be 4 hole.

Also did anyone see this announcement?

Makes bleeding shocks emulsion style way easier!

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR5062
This is great news! I also noticed we can buy individual titanium screws by size without having to buy a whole new set when need be. But I have a few questions. Does this replace the current aluminum caps? Are there plans to replace the caps in the TLR kit for the SCTE with these?

I'm planning to attend RCX this year for the first time, what can I expect from Losi and/or Horizon Hobby? i.e. will these and all the recent product announcements be on display.....for purchase even?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone use an MT4 with there scte and have the voltage readout from the receiver figured out to alarm when the voltage gets close to LVC?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

They should all be 4 hole.

Also did anyone see this annoucement?

Makes bleeding shocks emulsion style way easier!

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR5062
So it looks like the hole is placed up higher and you use the screw and washer to seal/bleed?

That way you can screw your shock tops all the way on and just loosen the screw for bleeding. Is that the basic concept?

-Woody
Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Gen Ace 5000 65c in stock

just thought i share since i already purchased mine lol hobbypartz go now lol!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Woody
So it looks like the hole is placed up higher and you use the screw and washer to seal/bleed?

That way you can screw your shock tops all the way on and just loosen the screw for bleeding. Is that the basic concept?

-Woody
I leave the screw out. Fill the shock up to the top of the body with the piston at that bottom.

Screw the cap on all the way tight. Slowly compress the shock so piston is now at the top and some oil will bleed out the screw hole. With the piston at the top I put the screw in and done. Super fast and super consistant.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I know you all have seen this before but I got my new chassis installed today so I had to post it. I had to file a little material of the front to get my TLR hinge pin holders to fit over the chassis but it was no big deal. I blew up the motor in my dremel so I could'nt hack off the ends of the mud guards yet. That should lighten her up a bit more. It should be a nice improvement since the chassis was bent in the front when I bought it. It turned great to the left but not to the right. How light can you get these things anyway?
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-p1019312.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
I know you all have seen this before but I got my new chassis installed today so I had to post it. I had to file a little material of the front to get my TLR hinge pin holders to fit over the chassis but it was no big deal. I blew up the motor in my dremel so I could'nt hack off the ends of the mud guards yet. That should lighten her up a bit more. It should be a nice improvement since the chassis was bent in the front when I bought it. It turned great to the left but not to the right. How light can you get these things anyway?
Who makes the carbon brace over the steering?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Mine is 5lb 15oz RTR. I could drop another 2-3 oz by going to Ti screws and Al. locknuts.

Originally Posted by elex300
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Anyone use an MT4 with there scte and have the voltage readout from the receiver figured out to alarm when the voltage gets close to LVC?
I don't beleive its possible unless you buy the newest telemetry rx not the 461 but there is a newer one that does main battery voltage. I will se if I can find it and post it.

Here it is. I just remembered why I did'nt order it. Look at the price.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Airtronics_R...p/air92011.htm
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Who makes the carbon brace over the steering?
Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Mine is 5lb 15oz RTR. I could drop another 2-3 oz by going to Ti screws and Al. locknuts.
I figured i could make it as light as possible, but if i can't improve the flips and roll overs in my runs.... me making it lighter won't mean a thing!

Just saying....save the funds cut the seconds!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Mine is 6.15 lbs ready to hit the track. I still have my full radio box in tact. Dunfords has his down to 5.8 and change ready to hit the track.

(Ready to hit the track = body, battery, tires, dirt ect!)LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

I'm still using stock hardware but am all over the tiNi hinge pins and shock shafts when they come out. Also gonna grab some shock bodies,bleeder caps and the new high performance body as soon as it's all in stock.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default LOSB0127 SCTE Roller

A few of you have been asking so I figured I would give you an update. The east coast has received and QA'd and already begun shipping their rollers. The west coast just got theirs, I will QC and then they should start shipping tomorrow or Thursday as I had mentioned a week or so ago. Phew, it actually went as planned.

The other new parts, TiNi parts and bleeder caps are in the air now and should be in stock and shipping next week.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

I leave the screw out. Fill the shock up to the top of the body with the piston at that bottom.

Screw the cap on all the way tight. Slowly compress the shock so piston is now at the top and some oil will bleed out the screw hole. With the piston at the top I put the screw in and done. Super fast and super consistant.
I noticed doing this same basic concept with the TLR shock caps, that even though I bleed(keep the shock all the way compressed) until no more oil comes out once I screw the cap back tight and work the shock a little, then check rebound I still get varying degrees of rebound. Almost always I have to bleed each shock a few times until there is very little rebound and they are close to the same. Is this normal? or am I doing something wrong?

I Fill the oil to top of body with a little concave. Screw cap on until 2 or 3 threads showing or keep loosing it up until oil does come out a little when I start to compress. Then compress the shock slowly all the way up keeping the shock at a 45 deg. angle with the hole facing up. Wait for no more oil/air bubbles, and then tighten back up.

does that sound about right?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

So doing this, is it still an "emulsion" shock? I ask because using the method you describe, it doesn't seem like there would be any air at all left in the shock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.