Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
If you use the UPS shipping option it usually takes about 7 days or so. It takes them 3-4 days to get them to UPS, then UPS 3 days to get them to you.
Originally Posted by RC_Woody
With the standard(cheapest option) I received mine in 15 days, but the website says 7-21days I believe.

I made another order and this time I Just bit the bullet this time and did 3 day ups. For 4 batteries it was $43 dollars shipping. So that puts the cost of each of my batteries at around roughly $51 a pop while still getting them fast.

Honestly I did the cheap way first, cause the spring outdoor season hasn't really started up in in Pacific NW, so I had time.

Woody
thanks fellas!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I'm currently running my CL at 40%. Lowering it does not cause temps to rise.

Drag break on the other hand will cause temps to climb and is not needed on the SCTE anyway. It has enough inherent drag as it is.
Thanks everyone for your input. I will remove
To drag brake and see how it goes.

On a separate note, do you think the Losi diff grease adds for friction to the drivetrain and when switching over to oil in the diffs would reduce friction making it more efficient and inturn make the motor not work as hard? Just wondering.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did a test. 7 in each diff ran the truck in 75 deg weather no wind three packs 6000 60 c current limit 80 no push control no drag break no timing set at min throttle profile 3 14 tooth pin 4600 pro 4 rx8 and it came off the track three different times at 180 motor and 97 speed control. went home changed to grease in all three, next day same thing three packs and the motor was 147 speed control was 84 so the grease was about 30 deg less . motor has so much magnet drag when you go down the straight and let off it almost goes sideways turning. just thought I would put this out there for your information. also promatch batteries has 6000's for sale is local and under 90.00 get it in three days go racing.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

BCI chassis experience....I got mine in 5 days after ordering, both emails were returned same day, had tracking number, all holes lined up, no short screws included for motor/center diff mount, fit-feel-finish very nice. I'm on the second race week since the full rebuild and the truck has never run better. I don't really notice much difference in handling and the truck jumps great w/o nose dives. It would be really easy to drill 3 new holes to move your battery back if you really wanted to. Overall, I am very pleased with my choice to go with the BCE but I'm sure all the aftermarket chassis are really nice.....

ps- I race on a tight technical indoor track.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Well i ordered a 50c 2s lipo for this truck so what pinion should i start with on the 4600kv with the Toro 120 amp.i have a couple of Mod 1 pinions from my truggy i have a 14t to 16t pinions.

Its the stock spur gear on the SCTE .

Last edited by tc5 man; 04-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fishboy
Well I took her out on the madden voyage tonight at the local track. Shes running pretty hot so I didn't race it tonight. After about 6 minutes of running the 4600 was at 210F and the RX8 was at 90F. This was with 40/15 gearing. I dropped down a tooth on the pinion to 40/14 and I was still having the same temp issues with the 4600. I run on a big and fast track (see video that a fellow racer took below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3e_VbJw40

So, my question is what gearing are you guys running and what temps? Preferably those who are running the same motor/esc setup.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg that track looks awesome. Size wise though it's not "huge" compared to an outdoor track that some race on. Gearing wise on that layout I'd be at a 13T since there isn't a long straight. Rather it has a lot of short shoots and tight turn areas.

What esc setup are you using?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

try the 14 then if temps are up go to 13
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riverdog
BCI chassis experience....I got mine in 5 days after ordering, both emails were returned same day, had tracking number, all holes lined up, no short screws included for motor/center diff mount, fit-feel-finish very nice. I'm on the second race week since the full rebuild and the truck has never run better. I don't really notice much difference in handling and the truck jumps great w/o nose dives. It would be really easy to drill 3 new holes to move your battery back if you really wanted to. Overall, I am very pleased with my choice to go with the BCE but I'm sure all the aftermarket chassis are really nice.....

thanks for the review!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I'm currently running my CL at 40%. Lowering it does not cause temps to rise.

Drag break on the other hand will cause temps to climb and is not needed on the SCTE anyway. It has enough inherent drag as it is.
Wow you run it at 40%? That seems pretty low, but I bet you get some killer run-time out of that sucker! ;-) I figured like all things electric, the less voltage they get the poorer they perform...so it was a shot in the dark. Glad to hear the current limiter doesn't make that happen though just in case I need to lower my setting eventually.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

this gearing temp thing is you guys are having is wierd

I run 14T pro4 4600 rx8

no current limit

10 drag brake

and at three different tracks, LSR, Outback, Holeshot

and I use 500mah a minute

133 degrees motor every time after 6 mins
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

As a last post on this subject of chassis, I will include a couple shots of the outdoor track I race at. If you look careful you can see the big triple near the middle, a little to the left side this is the jump where any balance issue likes to show it's face. You come off a couple turns, then need to get up the speed to hit the triple; with a tight line it takes everything most setups have when geared to make 10 minutes and not overheat. Not that it cannot be done, the stock chassis handled it quite well last year and much more consistently for me. I never did run the TLR, but I know a lot of people that love it. Anyway like others said enjoy your purchase, don't make problems where they are not if it works it works if it doesn't try something different

Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

That's an awesome track. Where is it?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

That's an awesome track. Where is it?
Best race facility, and crew in the North East iMO... CRC Raceway in Rome, NY. Come to the pro-series this year, it's always a awesome weekend... that or the GLORC's event. There was talks of a larger short course event this year as well.. but not sure if anything solidified or not.

Great LHS too.. they just started selling the xerun 540 4 poles here, I'll be getting one of these next if I don't like the or mess up my tekin 4600.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Wink Wow!!!

Yeah that track does look awesome!!! Rome NY how far is that from Pittsburgh PA??? I'm gonna run the RC Pro Northeast Series @ McCollough's this year

On a really great not been just about 6 days of my Viper Copperhead loaded into my SCTE and 2 Dirt runs threw it and it might have been the smoothest ride Ive had in along time!!!

Thanks to all the guys that lest messages about what I could shave off!!! Actually found out the 2.0/810 Side protectors work on the SCTE and dont have to cut off the Nerf bars plus they are stronger in case of a impact on the side! Cut the weight way down also!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spider882009
Yeah that track does look awesome!!! Rome NY how far is that from Pittsburgh PA??? I'm gonna run the RC Pro Northeast Series @ McCollough's this year

On a really great not been just about 6 days of my Viper Copperhead loaded into my SCTE and 2 Dirt runs threw it and it might have been the smoothest ride Ive had in along time!!!

Thanks to all the guys that lest messages about what I could shave off!!! Actually found out the 2.0/810 Side protectors work on the SCTE and dont have to cut off the Nerf bars plus they are stronger in case of a impact on the side! Cut the weight way down also!!!
I'd guess only about 6hrs, worth the ride for a great weekend of racing... then you can hit 2 pro-series races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.