Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

How often do you guys change out the diff fluids? I do it after every 3 race weekends. I know there is no such thing as too soon but im curious if every 4 weeks would be sufficient?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
How often do you guys change out the diff fluids? I do it after every 3 race weekends. I know there is no such thing as too soon but im curious if every 4 weeks would be sufficient?
Should be fine I'm going on 2 months and about 8 races
Old 04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
I like Mine Kuzz it`s Shiny and it made Me go Faster.
I like mine cause its unbalanced and nothing fit on it correctly ....

Its opposites day !
Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I will normally do it before a big race. I don't really have a set amount of runs.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Default tough on posters

you guys are making me laugh. its all 6 inches long. ask the wife lol everything is out of balance.inch or metric, it all works. I hope. Now as far as the new battery mounting tray. 30.00 kind of costly, make me one for 15 or 18 compared to a stock unit. my question is this... I have moved my battery back as far as it will go BCE unit lol and its still nose heavy. and have lost front end control. i MOVE the battery to the front to get steering and loose jumping control. should I move it back and add a few ounces to the nose to get better steering. I am getting frustrated trying different tires and setups.. I race at a large loose dusty tight track when its dry, wet and sticky when the waters working. or a dust storm. any Ideas ?
set ups I could go on for ever lol
Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Must have fluids?

what are the must haves for outdoor tracks...

shocks f/r?

Diffs f/c/r?

and please no nasty comments thank you lol
Old 04-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

I just ordered a BCE for my truck but all this talk about it making the truck nose heavy has me a little worried now. Besisdes the APE tray what else are you guys doing to counter this problem? Does this also happen with other chassis excluding the Bump?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default TLR chassis bend

I just bent my TLR chassis - front at the kick-up. I had a hard crash early in the day, but kept squeezing LiPos anyways.

When home, discovered the bend. Upon close examination, the screws that hold the front top plate to the bulkhead were ripped out; the threads were broken.

Not sure which came first, chicken or the egg. Did I snap the bulkhead, and the continued driving (and some more 'minor' crashes) is what caused the chassis to bend? Or did the hard crash cause the break and the bend at the same time?

I was able to straigten it out, but thought I would share...
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
what are the must haves for outdoor tracks...

shocks f/r?

Diffs f/c/r?

and please no nasty comments thank you lol
LOL @ must haves..

1 a camera just in case you see something you like .
2 a jacket in case it gets cold.
3 tools in case you need to work on it
4 battery charger in less you want to go home after you run your car
5 tent to stay cool in the out door heat sometimes the suns out lol
6 grease, oils, suntan oil, bug spray, something to eat, dom a nos delivers
7 extra roller, if you got the cash, a couple of rear bumpers, a shock tower of your choice, an extra drive shaft, a few barrings. a bunch of tires, glues,
extra back up esc and motor.. at least 4 batteries in case one puffs or explodes.
and your ROHR approved insurance, if I forgot any thing bring your computer and order some more parts. should be there by the main....good luck
Old 04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
I just ordered a BCE for my truck but all this talk about it making the truck nose heavy has me a little worried now. Besisdes the APE tray what else are you guys doing to counter this problem? Does this also happen with other chassis excluding the Bump?
It doesn't make it nose heavy. It handles MUCH better than stock. Ignore the comments and drive it.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ach86 View Post
I like the TLR chassis as well. Seems to handle/fly much better than the stock chassis. So far I have not had an issue with any bending and I do my fair share of dumb mistakes.

I am on the fence about the xtreme hybrid chassis though. Can anyone tell me what the difference in weight is on this?
The xtreme racing chassis is 225grams, but that includes the battery tray which lowers the battery several mm(built into the chassis with some trick carbon parts), and you dont use the center diff top brace(built into the top plate), and you do not need to use a rear chassis brace(also built into the top plate). My truck with the chassis rtr is less than 6lbs, and the only light wieght parts that i have are the outdrive front, center, and rear, and the carbon shock towers.
It is by far the lightest option.

FYI, if your truck is nose-diving, its most likey the setup. A nose heavy chassis(within reason) can still jump properly with the proper setup.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

run your ride height 1 or 2mm higher in the front then rear should eliminate some nose dive on jumps
Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
you guys are making me laugh. its all 6 inches long. ask the wife lol everything is out of balance.inch or metric, it all works. I hope. Now as far as the new battery mounting tray. 30.00 kind of costly, make me one for 15 or 18 compared to a stock unit. my question is this... I have moved my battery back as far as it will go BCE unit lol and its still nose heavy. and have lost front end control. i MOVE the battery to the front to get steering and loose jumping control. should I move it back and add a few ounces to the nose to get better steering. I am getting frustrated trying different tires and setups.. I race at a large loose dusty tight track when its dry, wet and sticky when the waters working. or a dust storm. any Ideas ?
set ups I could go on for ever lol
Listen no bad comments on the BCE it's not allowed on this forum. There is no balance issue, it's all in your head. My guess is two more cold beverages and you will even up this balance issue just fine. PS We will all just ignore you if these kind of posts continue.. Thank you and go about your day :P
Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
The xtreme racing chassis is 225grams, but that includes the battery tray which lowers the battery several mm(built into the chassis with some trick carbon parts), and you dont use the center diff top brace(built into the top plate), and you do not need to use a rear chassis brace(also built into the top plate). My truck with the chassis rtr is less than 6lbs, and the only light wieght parts that i have are the outdrive front, center, and rear, and the carbon shock towers.
It is by far the lightest option.

FYI, if your truck is nose-diving, its most likey the setup. A nose heavy chassis(within reason) can still jump properly with the proper setup.
i like the carbon chassis, i did add a coating to the bottom and sealed and sanded it . It is extremely tough.

As for handling i didnt see where it was WOW over any of them. But i do like it
Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team T2C View Post
i like the carbon chassis, i did add a coating to the bottom and sealed and sanded it . It is extremely tough.

As for handling i didnt see where it was WOW over any of them. But i do like it
I also sanded and sealed it. Since my truck weighed roughly 5oz less asfter switching to this chassis, it did feal more nimble/twitchy. I also ran my fastes lap ever the day i switched to this chassis. Is it magical? No, unlike some of the other chassis But it looks the best and works very well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.