Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Well it looks like Ckhobby only accepts paypal and no credit card why i dont know so the toro 4600kv is out.

So how about the castle 3800kv 4x4 sc system is that good on a outdoor track with big jumps/big track fast layout ?

Ive had great luck with my Mamba Monster/2200kv on my 1/8 scale.
you can go with a tenshock 4600kv motor: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/ten...c401_4600.aspx

and the same toro esc: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/tor...c_120_amp.aspx

or you can go with a viper system. both of those are good options.

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Totally needed for anyone running BCE, or any other lightened chassis that didn't adjust or rebalance.. I may have kept mine if this was around. I know the newer bump chassis like I have are already corrected and by about that amount, but this is a nice item for those whos are not. Great for fine tuning a little for jumps or track conditions.
well, got the front shocks zipped up with 37.5, stock piston, black springs, and no sway bar. put 5K in the center diff. didn't have time to put 2K in the rear. we'll see how this goes tomorrow night.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
you can go with a tenshock 4600kv motor: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/ten...c401_4600.aspx

and the same toro esc: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/tor...c_120_amp.aspx

or you can go with a viper system. both of those are good options.

well, got the front shocks zipped up with 37.5, stock piston, black springs, and no sway bar. put 5K in the center diff. didn't have time to put 2K in the rear. we'll see how this goes tomorrow night.

Nice ! Are both of them stores here in the states ? And do you know if they accept others payments than paypal ?

Nevermind they do thanks !

Looks like the only Sc motors they have in stock are the Tenshock 4000kv is that good enough on a big track with big jumps ? Enough power also im thinking it will be though.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Nice ! Are both of them stores here in the states ? And do you know if they accept others payments than paypal ?

Nevermind they do thanks !

Looks like the only Sc motors they have in stock are the Tenshock 4000kv is that good enough on a big track with big jumps ? Enough power also im thinking it will be though.
let me check. i don't think they're out of them, they may have just not updated the stock on the website yet. they recently got a pretty big order in and i wouldn't think they'd sell out this fast. i'll let you know.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Prophet

let me check. i don't think they're out of them, they may have just not updated the stock on the website yet. they recently got a pretty big order in and i wouldn't think they'd sell out this fast. i'll let you know.

I double checked the 4000kv and 4600kv tenshock motors are in.

I clicked on the red can Tenshock 4000kv motor and the 4600kv and it went to my cart.

it says its out of stock but it dint say there on backorder or anything it went though.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

I double checked the 4000kv and 4600kv tenshock motors are in.

I clicked on the red can Tenshock 4000kv motor and the 4600kv and it went to my cart.

it says its out of stock but it dint say there on backorder or anything it went though.
ok, like i said, i'm pretty sure he has them. looks like EJ has turned in for the night. chances are if the order went through, you'll have a tracking number before i can get on here in the morning. if not, when i talk to him in the AM, i'll check with him to make sure your order went through.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Prophet

ok, like i said, i'm pretty sure he has them. looks like EJ has turned in for the night. chances are if the order went through, you'll have a tracking number before i can get on here in the morning. if not, when i talk to him in the AM, i'll check with him to make sure your order went through.

Ok thanks man.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The spring kits springs may have similar or the same rates as the kit or other stock springs but they act very differently. I would recommend them front and back for best performance.
At your level you guys notice such nuances.. but I ran the stock springs for a full year dropped on the race blacks and didn't increase my lap times by even a fraction of a second. They don't rub as much which is a good thing but the resistance didnít seem to be all that different. If someone is strapped and making choices like I said they are good to get but not necessary, obviously this is all just an opinion.

Good luck and let me know how you do.. I've been in love with that setup for a year now, and had great results racing.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Totally needed for anyone running BCE, or any other lightened chassis that didn't adjust or rebalance.. I may have kept mine if this was around. I know the newer bump chassis like I have are already corrected and by about that amount, but this is a nice item for those whos are not. Great for fine tuning a little for jumps or track conditions.
You say the BCE chassis is unbalanced every chance you get , have any proof or is this just your opinion ?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
You say the BCE chassis is unbalanced every chance you get , have any proof or is this just your opinion ?
The guy (Chris) who just made those new battery trays has his tray sitting on a bce :P check the photos and his posted f/r weights (before and after). At least it has BCE etched into it...

I guess you can call it an opinion but it was a fact the bce I purchased (obviously can't speak for every BCE chassis ever made due to running changes) not only had fitmit issues w/ the battery tray (tweaked in the front due to the screw hole being off), but it was front heavy on the scales even with the battery in the rear most position on the 'stock' tray. Ask anyone who saw me race, the second I changed to the BCE chassis I couldn't keep the truck from nose diving on our huge triple. The fact is that chassis removed material on the back side as well as through the entire chassis (see pic) No balance adjustment was ever made to rebalance at least in the early versions of the chassis. I've seen no posts stating otherwise but often running changes are not posted.

Keep in mind if you have a higher kv motor or a bigger system you can always do some 'mid flight' adjustments but with the castle 1410 and this jump I was already WOT just to make it so there was no ability for 'mid flight' adjusting. So you can decide.

If you truck is a little off balance, maybe that battery tray will fix it, if not then nothing to worry about. Don't get me wrong other than the stated issues it was a awesome looking chassis and the material was TOP quality, super durable and would stand up to years of abuse. Some have stated the early bump chassis versions had the same f/r weight issue, the battery tray sat in the stock location.. i don't know this as fact but I see no reason why they would lie. There are other ways around this as well too.. I guess if you run the heavier alum rear bearing carriers and use the stock tie rods and keep extra weight in the rear you could over come this to some extent, but that wasn't the direction I wanted to go (adding weight back in), I would rather redistribute correctly.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 04-04-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hmm , I am running a 1410 and havent had the trouble you are describing , as for hitting a jump at full speed and dropping the nose that has a lot to do with how the face of the jump is shaped and your suspension setup . The stock chassis was the same way .

BTW his weights were after he had took weight off of the truck ......
Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Actually, the APE tray only uses the two mounting screws closest to the center of the chassis The front and rear are free to flex.

Originally Posted by Aoh View Post
u dont think it will mess with the flex characteristics, by effectively bolting an aluminum brace to 1 side of the chassis?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

At your level you guys notice such nuances.. but I ran the stock springs for a full year dropped on the race blacks and didn't increase my lap times by even a fraction of a second. They don't rub as much which is a good thing but the resistance didnít seem to be all that different. If someone is strapped and making choices like I said they are good to get but not necessary, obviously this is all just an opinion.
I totally agree with you that the rears are much more important then the fronts. The new springs I don't feel will lower your lap times more then help make them more consistant. We found the new springs to support the truck better on power and in the corners so it will not dump over as much and be more consistant through the shock stroke if the truck does loose a little traction and the body rolls over. Consistancy will win you races though. Being able to group good laps together and having a stable platform means a lot. I have won a lot of races putting in a consistant run and being easily .5 second or more off the "fast lap" pace.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Does anybody know what the battery tray dementions are on the SCTE ?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Does anybody know what the battery tray dementions are on the SCTE ?
you have a SCTE why can't you measure it? just asking lol
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Heres me dialing in my truck at a track. Pretty dusty track/rough track. I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Q7qmQt45o
My driving skills are the best
Running Proline badlands, they work really well in those conditions.
Would you be willing to share your setup that track looks pretty similar to the ones I race on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.