Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
  #32146  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

just rebuilding and cant seem to find my sheet, whats the inserts for 3 rear toe?

I cant remember, think its 0, but just wanted to be sure.
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
  #32147  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,120
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation 3*

Originally Posted by HighLife420
just rebuilding and cant seem to find my sheet, whats the inserts for 3 rear toe?

I cant remember, think its 0, but just wanted to be sure.
0's all the way in the back.. in front part 1's UP.. Hope this helps Dom
XXXDad is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
  #32148  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Hey guys,

I've been working on my SCTE parts for a year now. Like alot of you I removed a lot of weight from an lightened chassis, rear bumper, rear tower, mud guards, and went to a 540 4 pole motor. After going through all this effort I found that my truck had really sensitive steering and wanted to nose dive if I let off the power in the air. I started looking at the F/R balance of my truck and found that it was 53/47. So, I designed my own tray to move the battery and ESC rearward. The tray will allow you to mount the battery at the stock rearmost location and up to 3/4" farther back if needed. I have found that 1/2" back works great on my truck and puts the weight distribution at 49/51.

I am considering adding them to my web store, but I want to get your input before I do. The tray would cost $30 and be black anodized.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in please reply to this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10556019

Thanks,


Chris

Totally needed for anyone running BCE, or any other lightened chassis that didn't adjust or rebalance.. I may have kept mine if this was around. I know the newer bump chassis like I have are already corrected and by about that amount, but this is a nice item for those whos are not. Great for fine tuning a little for jumps or track conditions.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 PM
  #32149  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XXXDad
0's all the way in the back.. in front part 1's UP.. Hope this helps Dom
Yep glenn, thanks man.
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
  #32150  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

My new losi will be here tomorrow afternoon. I have been running the SC10 4x4 and can't wait to try out the scte. I know I'm going to love it and am anxious to start the upgrades. Is the best route to start going to be the tuning kit. Also what diff fluids does it come with? I know I should use the search button but I have been so busy with work that I have barely have time to read the current days post so please take it easy on me. Thanks for any advice.
lawnmowerjockey is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
  #32151  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lawnmowerjockey
My new losi will be here tomorrow afternoon. I have been running the SC10 4x4 and can't wait to try out the scte. I know I'm going to love it and am anxious to start the upgrades. Is the best route to start going to be the tuning kit. Also what diff fluids does it come with? I know I should use the search button but I have been so busy with work that I have barely have time to read the current days post so please take it easy on me. Thanks for any advice.
Stock is grease in the diff's good news is the grease feels great in the front and center... I'd leave it unless you don't like it after a couple races. Rear I would change out to 2k or 3k immediate though.

The must have items are the carbon shock towers, look over the TLR kit.. it's a great value and includes them but if you don't care about any of the other items in the kit just buy the carbon shock towers on their own. The only must have items in that kit are the shock towers iMO, most who run the adjustable hinge pin holders just run the stock position anyway.. they are lighter, but again $$'s.

Nice things...
  • Rear race spring kit
  • *Front kit is ok as well, but most run the stock rate spring anyway
  • Sway bar kit

Down the road...
  • When your outdrives start to wear, replace with the upgrade hardened lightened outdrives
  • I always like the one piece shock stand off's

Want to loose weight, tons of free mods but also lots of money to be spent on lightened upgrades (read/search the thread for tons of tips and tricks)
8ight-e is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
  #32152  
Tech Master
iTrader: (90)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston TX (formally Sou CA)
Posts: 1,220
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lawnmowerjockey
My new losi will be here tomorrow afternoon. I have been running the SC10 4x4 and can't wait to try out the scte. I know I'm going to love it and am anxious to start the upgrades. Is the best route to start going to be the tuning kit. Also what diff fluids does it come with? I know I should use the search button but I have been so busy with work that I have barely have time to read the current days post so please take it easy on me. Thanks for any advice.
Read the last 6 pages, RC Woody already sum'd it up for everyone.
Kuya_Kimo is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
  #32153  
Aoh
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 425
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
[SIZE="3"] So, I designed my own tray to move the battery and ESC rearward. The tray will allow you to mount the battery at the stock rearmost location and up to 3/4" farther back if needed. I have found that 1/2" back works great on my truck and puts the weight distribution at 49/51.

I am considering adding them to my web store, but I want to get your input before I do. [/URL]
u dont think it will mess with the flex characteristics, by effectively bolting an aluminum brace to 1 side of the chassis?
Aoh is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 PM
  #32154  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Eight-e thanks for the tips! What's the best way to clean the grease out of the diff? Seems like that could be tough.
lawnmowerjockey is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
  #32155  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Kuya kimo thanks for the heads up, I'll try to catch up on the reading tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.
lawnmowerjockey is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
  #32156  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Stock is grease in the diff's good news is the grease feels great in the front and center... I'd leave it unless you don't like it after a couple races. Rear I would change out to 2k or 3k immediate though.

The must have items are the carbon shock towers, look over the TLR kit.. it's a great value and includes them but if you don't care about any of the other items in the kit just buy the carbon shock towers on their own. The only must have items in that kit are the shock towers iMO, most who run the adjustable hinge pin holders just run the stock position anyway.. they are lighter, but again $$'s.

Nice things...
  • Rear race spring kit
  • *Front kit is ok as well, but most run the stock rate spring anyway
  • Sway bar kit

Down the road...
  • When your outdrives start to wear, replace with the upgrade hardened lightened outdrives
  • I always like the one piece shock stand off's

Want to loose weight, tons of free mods but also lots of money to be spent on lightened upgrades (read/search the thread for tons of tips and tricks)
The spring kits springs may have similar or the same rates as the kit or other stock springs but they act very differently. I would recommend them front and back for best performance.
Casper is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
  #32157  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,375
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Well it looks like Ckhobby only accepts paypal and no credit card why i dont know so the toro 4600kv is out.

So how about the castle 3800kv 4x4 sc system is that good on a outdoor track with big jumps/big track fast layout ?

Ive had great luck with my Mamba Monster/2200kv on my 1/8 scale.
you can go with a tenshock 4600kv motor: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/ten...c401_4600.aspx

and the same toro esc: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/tor...c_120_amp.aspx

or you can go with a viper system. both of those are good options.

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Totally needed for anyone running BCE, or any other lightened chassis that didn't adjust or rebalance.. I may have kept mine if this was around. I know the newer bump chassis like I have are already corrected and by about that amount, but this is a nice item for those whos are not. Great for fine tuning a little for jumps or track conditions.
well, got the front shocks zipped up with 37.5, stock piston, black springs, and no sway bar. put 5K in the center diff. didn't have time to put 2K in the rear. we'll see how this goes tomorrow night.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM
  #32158  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
you can go with a tenshock 4600kv motor: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/ten...c401_4600.aspx

and the same toro esc: https://02fb13d.netsolstores.com/tor...c_120_amp.aspx

or you can go with a viper system. both of those are good options.



well, got the front shocks zipped up with 37.5, stock piston, black springs, and no sway bar. put 5K in the center diff. didn't have time to put 2K in the rear. we'll see how this goes tomorrow night.


Nice ! Are both of them stores here in the states ? And do you know if they accept others payments than paypal ?

Nevermind they do thanks !

Looks like the only Sc motors they have in stock are the Tenshock 4000kv is that good enough on a big track with big jumps ? Enough power also im thinking it will be though.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
  #32159  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,375
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Nice ! Are both of them stores here in the states ? And do you know if they accept others payments than paypal ?

Nevermind they do thanks !

Looks like the only Sc motors they have in stock are the Tenshock 4000kv is that good enough on a big track with big jumps ? Enough power also im thinking it will be though.
let me check. i don't think they're out of them, they may have just not updated the stock on the website yet. they recently got a pretty big order in and i wouldn't think they'd sell out this fast. i'll let you know.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 PM
  #32160  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
let me check. i don't think they're out of them, they may have just not updated the stock on the website yet. they recently got a pretty big order in and i wouldn't think they'd sell out this fast. i'll let you know.

I double checked the 4000kv and 4600kv tenshock motors are in.

I clicked on the red can Tenshock 4000kv motor and the 4600kv and it went to my cart.

it says its out of stock but it dint say there on backorder or anything it went though.
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.