Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
Ryan any idea of when these bodies will be in stock?
Sweet body! Can't wait till they come out! I need a couple!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Question for anybody.

I bougt my SCTE May last year so it has the updated diff pins. I just opened up the diff t freshen it up for the upcoming out door season (ran the stock grease)

Question: what should i be looking for in terms of wear. I don't really see much to be honest. Just want to confirm I'm not missing some minor detail that warrants replacement of the pins.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Well it looks like Ckhobby only accepts paypal and no credit card why i dont know so the toro 4600kv is out.

So how about the castle 3800kv 4x4 sc system is that good on a outdoor track with big jumps/big track fast layout ?

Ive had great luck with my Mamba Monster/2200kv on my 1/8 scale.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default APE - SCTE rearward adjustable battery tray

Hey guys,

I've been working on my SCTE parts for a year now. Like alot of you I removed a lot of weight from an lightened chassis, rear bumper, rear tower, mud guards, and went to a 540 4 pole motor. After going through all this effort I found that my truck had really sensitive steering and wanted to nose dive if I let off the power in the air. I started looking at the F/R balance of my truck and found that it was 53/47. So, I designed my own tray to move the battery and ESC rearward. The tray will allow you to mount the battery at the stock rearmost location and up to 3/4" farther back if needed. I have found that 1/2" back works great on my truck and puts the weight distribution at 49/51.

I am considering adding them to my web store, but I want to get your input before I do. The tray would cost $30 and be black anodized.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in please reply to this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10556019

Thanks,

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_8958_1_1.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_8959_1_1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

just rebuilding and cant seem to find my sheet, whats the inserts for 3 rear toe?

I cant remember, think its 0, but just wanted to be sure.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation 3*

Originally Posted by HighLife420 View Post
just rebuilding and cant seem to find my sheet, whats the inserts for 3 rear toe?

I cant remember, think its 0, but just wanted to be sure.
0's all the way in the back.. in front part 1's UP.. Hope this helps Dom
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Hey guys,

I've been working on my SCTE parts for a year now. Like alot of you I removed a lot of weight from an lightened chassis, rear bumper, rear tower, mud guards, and went to a 540 4 pole motor. After going through all this effort I found that my truck had really sensitive steering and wanted to nose dive if I let off the power in the air. I started looking at the F/R balance of my truck and found that it was 53/47. So, I designed my own tray to move the battery and ESC rearward. The tray will allow you to mount the battery at the stock rearmost location and up to 3/4" farther back if needed. I have found that 1/2" back works great on my truck and puts the weight distribution at 49/51.

I am considering adding them to my web store, but I want to get your input before I do. The tray would cost $30 and be black anodized.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in please reply to this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10556019

Thanks,

Chris

Totally needed for anyone running BCE, or any other lightened chassis that didn't adjust or rebalance.. I may have kept mine if this was around. I know the newer bump chassis like I have are already corrected and by about that amount, but this is a nice item for those whos are not. Great for fine tuning a little for jumps or track conditions.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
0's all the way in the back.. in front part 1's UP.. Hope this helps Dom
Yep glenn, thanks man.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My new losi will be here tomorrow afternoon. I have been running the SC10 4x4 and can't wait to try out the scte. I know I'm going to love it and am anxious to start the upgrades. Is the best route to start going to be the tuning kit. Also what diff fluids does it come with? I know I should use the search button but I have been so busy with work that I have barely have time to read the current days post so please take it easy on me. Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lawnmowerjockey View Post
My new losi will be here tomorrow afternoon. I have been running the SC10 4x4 and can't wait to try out the scte. I know I'm going to love it and am anxious to start the upgrades. Is the best route to start going to be the tuning kit. Also what diff fluids does it come with? I know I should use the search button but I have been so busy with work that I have barely have time to read the current days post so please take it easy on me. Thanks for any advice.
Stock is grease in the diff's good news is the grease feels great in the front and center... I'd leave it unless you don't like it after a couple races. Rear I would change out to 2k or 3k immediate though.

The must have items are the carbon shock towers, look over the TLR kit.. it's a great value and includes them but if you don't care about any of the other items in the kit just buy the carbon shock towers on their own. The only must have items in that kit are the shock towers iMO, most who run the adjustable hinge pin holders just run the stock position anyway.. they are lighter, but again $$'s.

Nice things...
  • Rear race spring kit
  • *Front kit is ok as well, but most run the stock rate spring anyway
  • Sway bar kit

Down the road...
  • When your outdrives start to wear, replace with the upgrade hardened lightened outdrives
  • I always like the one piece shock stand off's

Want to loose weight, tons of free mods but also lots of money to be spent on lightened upgrades (read/search the thread for tons of tips and tricks)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lawnmowerjockey View Post
Read the last 6 pages, RC Woody already sum'd it up for everyone.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
[SIZE="3"] So, I designed my own tray to move the battery and ESC rearward. The tray will allow you to mount the battery at the stock rearmost location and up to 3/4" farther back if needed. I have found that 1/2" back works great on my truck and puts the weight distribution at 49/51.

I am considering adding them to my web store, but I want to get your input before I do. [/URL]
u dont think it will mess with the flex characteristics, by effectively bolting an aluminum brace to 1 side of the chassis?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Eight-e thanks for the tips! What's the best way to clean the grease out of the diff? Seems like that could be tough.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Kuya kimo thanks for the heads up, I'll try to catch up on the reading tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Stock is grease in the diff's good news is the grease feels great in the front and center... I'd leave it unless you don't like it after a couple races. Rear I would change out to 2k or 3k immediate though.

The must have items are the carbon shock towers, look over the TLR kit.. it's a great value and includes them but if you don't care about any of the other items in the kit just buy the carbon shock towers on their own. The only must have items in that kit are the shock towers iMO, most who run the adjustable hinge pin holders just run the stock position anyway.. they are lighter, but again $$'s.

Nice things...
  • Rear race spring kit
  • *Front kit is ok as well, but most run the stock rate spring anyway
  • Sway bar kit

Down the road...
  • When your outdrives start to wear, replace with the upgrade hardened lightened outdrives
  • I always like the one piece shock stand off's

Want to loose weight, tons of free mods but also lots of money to be spent on lightened upgrades (read/search the thread for tons of tips and tricks)
The spring kits springs may have similar or the same rates as the kit or other stock springs but they act very differently. I would recommend them front and back for best performance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.