Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420 View Post
I would say tuning kit. The fiber shock towers are pretty much needed as the stock ones bend quite easily. Also gives you some more adjust-ability for squat and toe.
i trust your opinion....tlr first!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
looks like its precut by the website pics... but doesnt say the thickness, either way put some shoe goo on it and make it stronger in the weak spots.
Key Features
ROAR approved

Fits all Losi 1/10-scale Short Course Trucks

Designed and tested specifically for Short Course racing by channeling and directing air from under the body to release from optimized air outlets providing improved jumping and air handling characteristics

Additional down force has been incorporated into the design to allow for improved corner speed, stability, and improved drivability

Constructed of durable .040 in. Lexan to be thicker than a standard SCT body to improve reliability and durability

Includes precut window masks simplify the painting process by eliminating the need to cut your own masking tape for the windows

Sticker Sheet Included - grill, and tail light sticker sheet included

Body requires air outlet slots to be opened and basic trimming
Old 04-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Smoked my rear diff gears. They are ground down to nubbies. This is not a complaint, since I ran them all last year, and I bought the truck used. So probably another full season there, and I believe it was one of the very first batches, so not bad. It's had chris pins in it since day one and they still look new.

The shot gears made for an exciting race day. No power, front wheel drive only one minute, full power blast launching unexpectedly over things way too far the next.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
i trust your opinion....tlr first!!!
If you need help getting it setup or installed Daryl, just let me know. Can bring it to the track and ill give you a hand.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HighLife420 View Post
If you need help getting it setup or installed Daryl, just let me know. Can bring it to the track and ill give you a hand.
Will do........I will be out there next saturday
Old 04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
looks like its precut by the website pics... but doesnt say the thickness, either way put some shoe goo on it and make it stronger in the weak spots.
For my most recent body I used some aerosol DupliColor spray-on bed liner (http://www.duplicolor.com/products/truckBedCoating/) instead of shoe-goo in those key areas, and where the wheels rub the color off. Spray on before you remove your window masks, then respray over the liner with white (or whatever color you back with) if you want it to look pretty on the inside.

Seems to be easier to get a nice even coat, lighter, and for the wheel area doesn't grab as much as the rubbery shoe goo.

Working great so far!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
For my most recent body I used some aerosol DupliColor spray-on bed liner (http://www.duplicolor.com/products/truckBedCoating/) instead of shoe-goo in those key areas, and where the wheels rub the color off. Spray on before you remove your window masks, then respray over the liner with white (or whatever color you back with) if you want it to look pretty on the inside.

Seems to be easier to get a nice even coat, lighter, and for the wheel area doesn't grab as much as the rubbery shoe goo.

Working great so far!
nice suggestion....
Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Nope. Just the exploded diagrams contained in the users manual.
Kinda what I was thinking... I've got those printed out already. Is what it is I guess.

Greg
Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
Kinda what I was thinking... I've got those printed out already. Is what it is I guess.

Greg
It will get easier every time you take things apart!Go slow and only take apart one area at a time(frnt diff,centr etc.)There is a screw kit out for 15 bucks that is nice to have if you lose one!!It is not that hard! You can do it !If you run into any problems feel free to ask here or P.M. me !Happy to help!!Cheers!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goehm View Post

Working great so far!
yeah I was thinking of trying this out too on my next body and wondered how it would work out. Sounds good so far...
Old 04-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
It will get easier every time you take things apart!Go slow and only take apart one area at a time(frnt diff,centr etc.)There is a screw kit out for 15 bucks that is nice to have if you lose one!!It is not that hard! You can do it !If you run into any problems feel free to ask here or P.M. me !Happy to help!!Cheers!
Yeah it looks easy enough... Been doing this for a while. Thanks for the offer. I'm sure there might be some questions when it comes time to tear down and rebuild.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
Did they say how thick the high perfromance body is? And is it precut?

Looks awesome, and looks like it should perform well, but depending on the answers to the above questions, it could be in my pile of wasted SC bodies in a couple runs.
It is .040 lexan and the holes are not precut as we know some may want to run with them in there still.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Woody View Post
yeah I was thinking of trying this out too on my next body and wondered how it would work out. Sounds good so far...
I spray bedliner over the paint on all my bodies, in hope that they last a lil longer. Seems to work great so far! The extra weight is negligible.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spider882009 View Post
That's freaking sweet looking!!! I can't wait to buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryan any idea of when these bodies will be in stock?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
Ryan any idea of when these bodies will be in stock?
I asked Frank root and he told me mid to late april.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.