Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I only know how to have fun at the track win loose or busted in many many pieces. Ill get a little track time with the Losi tomorrow but I did notice the 5 mins I drove it out front it had the clicking noise when making tight turns one direction I dont remember which. But Ill get it dialed in.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I guess I have to join the club on the pins and out drives. I have 6 races on the truck, I just took the diffs apart and looked them over. The front shows wear, the center diff is really bad and the rear diff is bad, also the rear diff out drives are notched pretty good. The oils are just dumping out of the diffs. I also hope they take care of the problem fast, as I race every week and can not afford to be broke down, unless they want to see there truck in the back of the pack
Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ran four packs tonight on a high grip/hard pack clay surface. No issues (glued my broken rear A-arm and it held ).

I checked my diffs in comparison to some other people there, maybe I got lucky and got the right pins? I don't seem to have near as much slop as some do.

On that note, do the diffs from the 8ight fit? Or are they too large? Just wondering.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
I have yet to see a RX8 fail on its own. Usually operator error.
Maybe not on 2s but my rx8 was repaired 3 times when I was running Ebuggy. It broke a forth time and its been sitting ever since. Ive heard they are fixed now so I will send it back in. My MMM never gave me any problems but it didnt feel as good as the rx8.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've never had a single hiccup with any of my RSPro's or RX8's. I have never owned anything from Castle primarily from seeing all my friends who had it have issues with their products.

I guess it's just luck of the draw sometimes...
Old 03-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anybody spec pins from another kit to see if they would work? Perhaps ofna/jammin scrt pins? Seems I remember them being close to these. Just odd that nobody else would make a 3mm pin thats at least 24mm long. Anybody can take length off the ends if they are a bit longer, it's the center notch that would be tricky to make. there HAS to be another pin out there that would work!!!

Looking through the bevel pins on Amain, looks like a few choices might fit with minimal machine work.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Anybody spec pins from another kit to see if they would work? Perhaps ofna/jammin scrt pins? Seems I remember them being close to these. Just odd that nobody else would make a 3mm pin thats at least 24mm long. Anybody can take length off the ends if they are a bit longer, it's the center notch that would be tricky to make. there HAS to be another pin out there that would work!!!

Looking through the bevel pins on Amain, looks like a few choices might fit with minimal machine work.
Are they exactly 3mm Josh? I can't seem to find my digital calipers
Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Its just fun to watch the E truggy launch into flight and do wheelies down the back straight.
didnt that cost you a race one..

knock knock..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
You guys would fit right in with SC Rage lol...

@7:00 is him testing out a SC10 on durability.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
You only need 3 wheels on an sc10. lol.... big double 1 sc10 -1 wheel
Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This thread is moving so fast, I just can't keep up! Has anyone figured out any other springs to use than the Losi springs? Since these wont be available for quite some time, I thought springs from another brand may fit. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for the equivalent of Losi golds up front and silver rears. Thx in advance.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
Are they exactly 3mm Josh? I can't seem to find my digital calipers
I measured mine with a digital caliper and it's 2.95mm, there was some wear for the center diff pins after 8 battery packs. The measurement for the worn area was 2.85mm.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
This thread is moving so fast, I just can't keep up! Has anyone figured out any other springs to use than the Losi springs? Since these wont be available for quite some time, I thought springs from another brand may fit. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for the equivalent of Losi golds up front and silver rears. Thx in advance.
convert to the 8 shocks, way more avaliable out there. Plust they make it ride like a caddy.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
Aren't the pins yellow??

here it is again
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am not sure how your front diff has died. Even with the bad pins, the front diff takes much less load and should still last for months. Usually its the rear and then the center. And in one pack...wow. We will be replacing the diff pins as they are not to spec. The outdrives do wear. They are to spec at this time and when they do, they do not drastically affect performance. If you are looking for the ultimate in performace, then you will want to try out the HD lightened outdrives.
Just reread my post. My bad. I ment to say almost there for the rear diff probably one more pack, should of been more specifc. The front diff had some scaring on the pins but not dead. The center pins are junk and the rear started to cut grovs in them, but ya all in just one pack, but the track was very loose with a ton of wheel spin. On the positive side the truck was awsome for that one pack.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
didnt that cost you a race one..

knock knock..
Naw that was a different time. But you know who would have won that race.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.