Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM
  #31321  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: White Salmon, WA
Posts: 123
Default Chassis question....

....regarding durability. Loving my scte and racing it once or twice a week. I have bent the stock chassis. Are the aftermarket chassis considerably stronger/more durable? I'm replacing with another stock chassis this week but I assume that one will bend too. But I really don't want to spend the $100 unless the durability is there. Comments?
riverdog is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 AM
  #31322  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
mrgunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 47.9N 122.19W
Posts: 153
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I am not going to tell you which aftermarket is chassis is better then the other. I can tell you they are lighter and stronger then the stock. You also get more tuning options you wouldn't otherwise get with the stocker.
mrgunz is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 AM
  #31323  
Tech Regular
 
Dano628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North West Jersey
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
I bought a used scte, but with the list of hop ups I am going to need its starting to get $$$. I am not looking at racing until sometime in September so I have some time to get the parts, BUT... I would be much better if a TLR version came out, similar to the old xxxt mf2 or xxx bk. You know all the aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber in the kit. Does anyone know if this is going to happen or are we just going to have to keep upgrading backyard basher stuff. AE released a team kit. Why not losi???
Even though my SCTE is fully loaded ( tuned flex , tuning kit ,HA shock bodies , torque rod , etc ) if you are not competitive with a stock one you won't be with a hopped up one . Drive it stock and get hop ups as you can the truck works great . As far as AE offering a FT kit they had to the original one needed all sorts of modifications ( I have one that I have a lot more money in then my SCTE and a stock Losi is still easier to drive fast ) enjoy your truck .
Dano628 is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
  #31324  
Tech Regular
 
Dano628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North West Jersey
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by mrgunz View Post
I am not going to tell you which aftermarket is chassis is better then the other. I can tell you they are lighter and stronger then the stock. You also get more tuning options you wouldn't otherwise get with the stocker.
+1 They are all lighter and stronger pick the one you like and go for it . I have driven the Bump and the TLR I like them both . I have not driven the BCE or the Kingheadz so I can't comment on them .
Dano628 is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
  #31325  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 3,387
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dano628 View Post
Even though my SCTE is fully loaded ( tuned flex , tuning kit ,HA shock bodies , torque rod , etc ) if you are not competitive with a stock one you won't be with a hopped up one . Drive it stock and get hop ups as you can the truck works great . As far as AE offering a FT kit they had to the original one needed all sorts of modifications ( I have one that I have a lot more money in then my SCTE and a stock Losi is still easier to drive fast ) enjoy your truck .
While all of that may be true, it doesnt answer the question originally posed. Does any one know if if losi (TLR) plans on releasing a true race kit.

Certain parts such as ti-turnbuckles and hardened outdrives inprove durability more than performance. Also I like getting a kit and taking all the little parts out of the bag and assembling myself vs an rtr, or arr. I like knowing how everything goes together.
theproffesor is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
  #31326  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
BradS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dano628 View Post
Even though my SCTE is fully loaded ( tuned flex , tuning kit ,HA shock bodies , torque rod , etc ) if you are not competitive with a stock one you won't be with a hopped up one . Drive it stock and get hop ups as you can the truck works great . As far as AE offering a FT kit they had to the original one needed all sorts of modifications ( I have one that I have a lot more money in then my SCTE and a stock Losi is still easier to drive fast ) enjoy your truck .
+1, I have only had my SCTE a few months and am using the stock chassis. I was able to get into the A-main at PNB with a pretty much stock SCTE. The only change I made was to use STRC alum towers, changed the Diffs to 5/5/3 and adjusted shock oil based on track. The stock chassis has worn quick, I'll probably change it soon just because it is worn out. Still trying to decide which aftermarket chassis I want.
BradS is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM
  #31327  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,135
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

chassis debate:



RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
  #31328  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
While all of that may be true, it doesnt answer the question originally posed. Does any one know if if losi (TLR) plans on releasing a true race kit.

Certain parts such as ti-turnbuckles and hardened outdrives inprove durability more than performance. Also I like getting a kit and taking all the little parts out of the ag and assembling myself vs an rtr, or arr. I like knowing how everything goes together.
All them option will soon be available to purchase. Buy tgem all seperate and youll have lots of packaging to open,Dont you like checking the mail box hoping your next part you purchased is in there
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
  #31329  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default time to replace bearings. STOCK vs AVID

i have had my truck since the first few hit the shelves over a year ago. i am going to replace every single bearing in the truck. is avid better than stock?
if so....what type is most popular? just glanced at their site and you have four choices with not much explanation between the choices.

thanks.
skyler hays is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
  #31330  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
In case anyone else searched for this, the extra tinted plastic pieces are for your number on the body, the indents for screw holes are there.

And use the grommets for the steering servo.
Correct, you can use them on outside for a different look or can sandwich the body with the squarer ones and the triangles on the inside. It helps with support.
I personally use the triangle ones and leave the bigger ones in the drawer.

Not sure about tinting though....it should be just a plastic film on them.
larlev is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
  #31331  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
i have had my truck since the first few hit the shelves over a year ago. i am going to replace every single bearing in the truck. is avid better than stock?
if so....what type is most popular? just glanced at their site and you have four choices with not much explanation between the choices.

thanks.
Just go with the kit...leave options as is. Rubber is better for exposed area's like center diff for example. Can't go wrong with Avid. David is a good guy and sells quality stuff
larlev is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:19 PM
  #31332  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
cwilkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Castle Rock, WA
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

+1 avid about 8 races on the avids with no issues.. Cheap also..
cwilkinson is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 PM
  #31333  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
05PSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Short Course Showdown Race 1

Just watched the SCTE dominate round 1 of the Scotty Ernst Short Course Showdown. Root and Castallano kicked some serious tail against what I consider the two really great AE drivers (Micheal Shoettler and Scott Brown).
05PSD is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:44 PM
  #31334  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 50
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default pinion gear

i just got a scte and i was going to put a 3800 4 pole castel motor
that i had it has the smaller shaft so what size pinion would i need and what
pitch thanks for any info
kbmgasaints is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:55 PM
  #31335  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
cwilkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Castle Rock, WA
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kbmgasaints View Post
i just got a scte and i was going to put a 3800 4 pole castel motor
that i had it has the smaller shaft so what size pinion would i need and what
pitch thanks for any info
mod1 pinion 3mm shaft Someone will correct me if Im wrong but alot of people are running 14t to 16t pinion
cwilkinson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.