Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fireflysti View Post
What battery pack you are running with the MMP's?
Go back to the beginning of this post and check it out. Or this link. should clear up things. Every mmp tested on 2s did this eventually. wasnt a sensor wire either.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9c4fdfzoY
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
frank L dont like Tekin. He hear's about a lot of Failures..

His trusty MMP is the longest one ive seen running.
I have yet to see a RX8 fail on its own. Usually operator error.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
I have yet to see a RX8 fail on its own. Usually operator error.
im just stating what i know.....

there were a bunch of failures when the rx8 first came out.. now with the 3hole case and 212 vegas... my trusty rx8's have never been more solid.

but Frank likes Castle they work for him.. I give him flack for it all the time..
he also Gives me Flack for running Tekin.. But he dose like the Tekin Motors!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

there were a bunch of failures when the rx8 first came out.. now with the 3hole case and 212 vegas... my trusty rx8's have never been more solid.

but Frank likes Castle they work for him.. I give him flack for it all the time..
those were the 4 hole esc's and were replaced by the 3 hole esc. if people only knew they could send the 4 hole in and get the 3 hole replacement. Knowledge is power.....mmp hasnt changed the issue remains.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)

those were the 4 hole esc's and were replaced by the 3 hole esc. if people only knew they could send the 4 hole in and get the 3 hole replacement. Knowledge is power.....mmp hasnt changed the issue remains.
we can go back and forth for pages! lets agree to move on.. and get back to the losi scte ARR

Watched 3 of them at the local Track.. Pretty nice rigs
Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

we can go back and forth for pages! lets agree to move on.. and get back to the losi scte ARR

Watched 3 of them at the local Track.. Pretty nice rigs
Im not arguing, just stating facts. Tested every thing out there. been doing it awhile. nothing new to me bro. Im here to help solve problems. This truck will be bulletproof when im done with it.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

anyone who owns this truck after 3 runs my steering nut for the servo saver backed off and i had no steering. to solve the problem i removed it and tightend it and red threadlocked it in place. easy fix and is still working fine.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Did anyone ever post what aka premoumt rims will fit this truck the slash stuff seems to he the wrong offset. Sc10 maybe?
I contacted AKA and they stated none of their currently available pre-mounted AKA will work on this rig.

I also contacted DE Racing and they will have wheels to fit this rig in about a week or so.

The Slash 4X4 wheels will make your ride too wide to be legal
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

you need to read back a few pages every bit of info is in this thread. just read back all your answers are there.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Not to be a mmp hater but it wont last. Salad and I have tried to tell people but nobody listens. We test these things all the time. Out of 5 mmp's 0 survivors on 2s. Also tried the external bec. glitch caps all the so called fixes. Buy an RX8 and do yourself a favor. You can run anything on it. anything. sensored or sensorless. 2s 3s it all works. no need for caps or bec's. And ive never even heard the fan kick on yet. Longer runtimes than the mmp and novak.
Ok I'll order a rx8. I have just seen too many go up in flames in 1/8 buggies. But I have had this mmp for over a year and I'm not easy on them
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Lord

Tekin motors are great except when the enbell falls off. Hahahaha then they develop some serious drag.

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I contacted AKA and they stated none of their currently available pre-mounted AKA will work on this rig.

I also contacted DE Racing and they will have wheels to fit this rig in about a week or so.

The Slash 4X4 wheels will make your ride too wide to be legal
Thanks. That's what it was looking like to me too. Too bad the sct mfg's can't get on the same page and 1 or 2 offsets instead of every truck has it's own wheels. Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wait till you get the Viper ESC!!!

And our string of bad luck with the MMP's did leave a horrible taste. With the good there is the bad, I have seen all the major ESC's have issues nothing is smoke free. Feels like sometimes you just roll the dice, duck and cover or pick blind folded and hope something works.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Tekin motors are great except when the enbell falls off. Hahahaha then they develop some serious drag.
I Think I know the exact motor your talkin about and if i do ....that driver is pretty hard on electronics LOL!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by D-money View Post
I Think I know the exact motor your talkin about and if i do ....that driver is pretty hard on electronics LOL!
Its just fun to watch the E truggy launch into flight and do wheelies down the back straight.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money View Post
Its just fun to watch the E truggy launch into flight and do wheelies down the back straight.
You guys would fit right in with SC Rage lol...

@7:00 is him testing out a SC10 on durability.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.