Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am not sure how your front diff has died. Even with the bad pins, the front diff takes much less load and should still last for months. Usually its the rear and then the center. And in one pack...wow. We will be replacing the diff pins as they are not to spec. The outdrives do wear. They are to spec at this time and when they do, they do not drastically affect performance. If you are looking for the ultimate in performace, then you will want to try out the HD lightened outdrives.
What is the part number for the HD lightened outdrives?? Is it # LOSA3554Also, I noticed that the center diffs out drives wobble, is that normal? I know my center diff's outdrives on my Losi 8 buggy don't wobble. Is that part of the pin issue as well??
Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

I've got a few extra pins from my Losi 8 buggy and other rigs, I wonder if this will work in this application. I may have to check. If anyone knows, please chime in. Thanks!

Last edited by FangsCPO; 03-11-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thought I had dodged the pins issue, but guess not. They looked good when I opened them up this week and cleaned grease out and put 5-3-3 in. Ran 2 packs tonight and took a look at the center diff the pins are showing pretty good wear. Went ahead and put 7k in the center diff hoping that this will help me slow down the wear until the new pins are available. I appreciate Ryan and everybody else working towards getting these couple of things fixed ASAP. Registered on the Losi website and guess I'll be calling Monday morning to request new pins.

On the bright side, the truck was really nice on 5-3-3 and AKA wishbones. Truck was planted. Like the Losi guys said, seems to keep the rear end of the truck really in the track for whatever reason. Looking forward to the 7k in the center diff for a little more pop, but not sure how it will change the overall feel of the truck. Will be racing on Sunday so we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Did anyone ever post what aka premoumt rims will fit this truck the slash stuff seems to he the wrong offset. Sc10 maybe?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by colter View Post
Thought I had dodged the pins issue, but guess not. They looked good when I opened them up this week and cleaned grease out and put 5-3-3 in. Ran 2 packs tonight and took a look at the center diff the pins are showing pretty good wear. Went ahead and put 7k in the center diff hoping that this will help me slow down the wear until the new pins are available. I appreciate Ryan and everybody else working towards getting these couple of things fixed ASAP. Registered on the Losi website and guess I'll be calling Monday morning to request new pins.

On the bright side, the truck was really nice on 5-3-3 and AKA wishbones. Truck was planted. Like the Losi guys said, seems to keep the rear end of the truck really in the track for whatever reason. Looking forward to the 7k in the center diff for a little more pop, but not sure how it will change the overall feel of the truck. Will be racing on Sunday so we'll see how it goes.
What rim did you use on the wishbones?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default SCTE

Anyone out there running a Tekin RS or RS Pro in one of these? If so, what turn and what tooth pinion? Thanks

T
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

I'm running a mmp and tekin 4.5 550 on 2s. I ran it for 5 mins and it was the 1st time I have ever seen the mmp fan kick on. It's geared with a 14 tooth motor was 125.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
What rim did you use on the wishbones?
I ordered 2 sets of Losi wheels before they got back ordered. Only others that have the right offset are Proline Protrac wheels I think?? You can make others work with modification either on the wheels or fenders I would guess. Hopefully, more Losi wheels will be available in the next few weeks.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mxtoeknee View Post
Anyone out there running a Tekin RS or RS Pro in one of these? If so, what turn and what tooth pinion? Thanks

T
Randy from Tekin may chime in here, but I posed the same question and the short answer is the RS is definitely a no and the RS Pro is not really ideal. Go with the RX8 and be done with it. I am glad that I did. Running the RX8 with SC4 5.5T and currently a 16 tooth pinion. Ran 17 tooth last weekend and it was fine, but ambient temps close to 80 degrees today and glad I went to the 16. Need to take all of the timing out and see what that does as I ran a little warmer than expected today. (160-170 on the motor. ESC was cool as a cucumber!! )
Old 03-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default SCTE

Originally Posted by colter View Post
Randy from Tekin may chime in here, but I posed the same question and the short answer is the RS is definitely a no and the RS Pro is not really ideal. Go with the RX8 and be done with it. I am glad that I did. Running the RX8 with SC4 5.5T and currently a 16 tooth pinion. Ran 17 tooth last weekend and it was fine, but ambient temps close to 80 degrees today and glad I went to the 16. Need to take all of the timing out and see what that does as I ran a little warmer than expected today. (160-170 on the motor. ESC was cool as a cucumber!! )
Good info thanks

T
Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
What is the part number for the HD lightened outdrives?? Is it # LOSA3554Also, I noticed that the center diffs out drives wobble, is that normal? I know my center diff's outdrives on my Losi 8 buggy don't wobble. Is that part of the pin issue as well??
Not sure what the part # is but the wobble is part of the pin issue. I remember having a intermittent bind. thought it was in the front but it was the gears in the center moving around because of the wear. Rear diff cups seem to be the other thing wearing out. Mine look terrible after only having the truck for a week. I hope they send me some of those too.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I'm running a mmp and tekin 4.5 550 on 2s. I ran it for 5 mins and it was the 1st time I have ever seen the mmp fan kick on. It's geared with a 14 tooth motor was 125.
Not to be a mmp hater but it wont last. Salad and I have tried to tell people but nobody listens. We test these things all the time. Out of 5 mmp's 0 survivors on 2s. Also tried the external bec. glitch caps all the so called fixes. Buy an RX8 and do yourself a favor. You can run anything on it. anything. sensored or sensorless. 2s 3s it all works. no need for caps or bec's. And ive never even heard the fan kick on yet. Longer runtimes than the mmp and novak.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
Not to be a mmp hater but it wont last. Salad and I have tried to tell people but nobody listens. We test these things all the time. Out of 5 mmp's 0 survivors on 2s. Also tried the external bec. glitch caps all the so called fixes. Buy an RX8 and do yourself a favor. You can run anything on it. anything. sensored or sensorless. 2s 3s it all works. no need for caps or bec's. And ive never even heard the fan kick on yet. Longer runtimes than the mmp and novak.
What battery pack you are running with the MMP's?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
frank L dont like Tekin. He hear's about a lot of Failures..

His trusty MMP is the longest one ive seen running.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am not sure how your front diff has died. Even with the bad pins, the front diff takes much less load and should still last for months. Usually its the rear and then the center. And in one pack...wow. We will be replacing the diff pins as they are not to spec. The outdrives do wear. They are to spec at this time and when they do, they do not drastically affect performance. If you are looking for the ultimate in performace, then you will want to try out the HD lightened outdrives.
Originally Posted by minit76 View Post
I 2nd the outdrives are wear items, but mine has about 45 min run time with the center and rear showing definite notching already. The pins are not wearing but outdrives themselves are. Not like my 8th scale Losi quality at this point on the out drives. This is even on a two cell lipo with a 4.5 motor. Seeing Iím more used to nitro or even 8E running a 2040 on four cell doesnít eat through outdrives this quick.

My diff pins don't look like the ones in the picture yet but are worn down to 2.65- 2.75mm on front, center, and rear. Glad to see Losi is taking care of this problem under a warranty call.

I would also like to see the plastic stepped up to 8th scale Losi grade.

Don't get me wrong it's a nice unit but has a long way to go in the durability department at this point.
It is being taken care of. Why do you think associated pushed their release date back. There were some issues. This was just overlooked, and it really isnt uncommon. Happens to alot of first runs from any company. I think it was a translation problem between hardened and piloshed. I ran my worn pins under a scope and wasnt too impressed with the grade of the pins. We'll have to see how the new ones come out. Might still be making my own. I like overkill especially when it comes to a wearable part.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.