Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
  #30796  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
scracer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
umm your motor is the problem. The sc4x motors sucked and would always heat up. I've had the 4.5 and the 5.5 and yes I geared correctly.
I have a Tenshock SC411 on order as soon as they come in at Builtrc I'm trying that out.
scracer68 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
  #30797  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
scracer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
You don't mention which pinion gear you are using. I'd start with a 14T.

As for the RX8, 50% max timing advance, 80% current limiter, everything else is personal preference.
Thanks for your help Chris. I'm running a 16 tooth now, I'll gear down to a 14 and set my RX8 like you suggested.
scracer68 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
  #30798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KingHobbies
King Headz just released two rear chassis braces, stock length and extended.






Also check out the Center Diff Front Upright.

So the front diff outdrive is bearing suppoerted... very nice!
symmetricon is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
  #30799  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Is the surface a little slick? You're running pretty light oils and I notice that trucks are sliding around the corners. You try that at my track right now and you'd be on your lid.
Its a little slick when they water it, but after a heat or two it drys up. its almost like WCRC if you ever been their.

Last edited by Cult Racing; 03-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  #30800  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KingHobbies

Originally Posted by symmetricon
So the front diff outdrive is bearing suppoerted... very nice!
Sure looks like it supports it. I'm sure it would negate some of the outdrive wobble but I wonder how well the bearing will hold up. Might work on other chassis also.
Jedev is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 PM
  #30801  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Bearing shouldn't be an issue at all...if anything will be a benefit
larlev is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
  #30802  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
Bearing shouldn't be an issue at all...if anything will be a benefit
Exactly
symmetricon is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
  #30803  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (142)
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,615
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Sorry for the noob question here, what would be the difference between the two braces (short vs. extended)?? And that center diff looks tempting, if it helps to eliminate wobble I'm all for it.........
ilanstylz is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
  #30804  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (37)
 
Gas Rat Racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I just got my rx8 and pro 4 4600 was wondering if I can loosen the screws on the front of the motor aand rotate it to get the top of the motor to sit straight up and down? Also can someone post a pic of how they have there rx8 sitting in the truck and so I can get an idea on how to keep the wiring clean? Are you guys eliminating the switch on your rx8's?
Thanks
Gas Rat Racin is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
  #30805  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
I just got my rx8 and pro 4 4600 was wondering if I can loosen the screws on the front of the motor aand rotate it to get the top of the motor to sit straight up and down? Also can someone post a pic of how they have there rx8 sitting in the truck and so I can get an idea on how to keep the wiring clean? Are you guys eliminating the switch on your rx8's?
Thanks
search the thread for rx8 clean wiring and you should find a couple posts with pics. i left my switch. i like having a switch, but if it malfunctions i will remove it.
skyler hays is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
  #30806  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Sorry for the noob question here, what would be the difference between the two braces (short vs. extended)?? And that center diff looks tempting, if it helps to eliminate wobble I'm all for it.........
It's just a flex deal...less or more. You could say some twist would be taken out also with longer brace. These trucks need some flex, much better handling than all stiffened up.
larlev is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM
  #30807  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default setup help

i am running dustin evans setup. 3-3-2, 30 wt oil #3piston black spring and #5 pistion and 30 wt oil in rear and silver spring. rx8 and 4600. i am not happy with the way the truck handles thru our tracks tight infield sections. i have to hit the brakes to make the truck rotate thru 180 turns. i would prefer to not have to use the brakes to make the truck rotate thru the turns. i would rather brake before the turn, make the turn then accelerate.

i drove my friends truck. 553 30wt all around with stock pistons and springs(rx8 4600 also). his truck rotated so much better than mine. i am confused because in thoery 332 should off power steer better than 553, but it doesnt atleast for me. maybe i am confusing off power/on power steering. after driving his truck i moved my shocks to the same positions as his and it helped but im still not satisfied.

im gonna go 553 or maybe 753. will 753 make the truck rotate better or worse than 553?? sorry to be so long winded. but im tired of changing diff fluids!!
skyler hays is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
  #30808  
Tech Regular
 
Dano628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North West Jersey
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
umm your motor is the problem. The sc4x motors sucked and would always heat up. I've had the 4.5 and the 5.5 and yes I geared correctly.
Never had a problem with my 4.5 works great never had temp issues . But then there you go mine must be magical since they suck .
Dano628 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
  #30809  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
Dietz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyler hays
i am running dustin evans setup. 3-3-2, 30 wt oil #3piston black spring and #5 pistion and 30 wt oil in rear and silver spring. rx8 and 4600. i am not happy with the way the truck handles thru our tracks tight infield sections. i have to hit the brakes to make the truck rotate thru 180 turns. i would prefer to not have to use the brakes to make the truck rotate thru the turns. i would rather brake before the turn, make the turn then accelerate.

i drove my friends truck. 553 30wt all around with stock pistons and springs(rx8 4600 also). his truck rotated so much better than mine. i am confused because in thoery 332 should off power steer better than 553, but it doesnt atleast for me. maybe i am confusing off power/on power steering. after driving his truck i moved my shocks to the same positions as his and it helped but im still not satisfied.

im gonna go 553 or maybe 753. will 753 make the truck rotate better or worse than 553?? sorry to be so long winded. but im tired of changing diff fluids!!
Try .5 down on the front kickup block, rear hubs forward. 5/5/3

Last edited by Dietz; 03-08-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: 00
Dietz is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
  #30810  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by Jedev
Sure looks like it supports it. I'm sure it would negate some of the outdrive wobble but I wonder how well the bearing will hold up. Might work on other chassis also.


Seems like extra weight to me on the center alum mounts but yea it will help the bearings and the wobble you guys are talking about.
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.