Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:49 PM
  #30766  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I went with the jammin chassis cuz the bump was backorder. Everything fit perfect, using the stock braces, havent run it yet
pooldoc is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
  #30767  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
scracer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Front and rear?
Yeah, front and back.
scracer68 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
  #30768  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default I love these times

I love "the great chassis debate 2012"
It brings out the inner a$$ hole and biast pricks in everyone!
Keep it Trolling.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
  #30769  
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

just built my truck with the kh chassy. VERY nice, all holes lined up perfectly,it moves the center diff over to take away some of the angle on the front drive shaft. i know the two guys that tested this chassy used the stock chassy braces. i have not run it yet but it looks sexy on the bench.
allan42r is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM
  #30770  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scracer68
As far as my driving goes I don't know you at all but I'm confident I would dust you a$$ on the track if you're running that raggedy a$$ BCE.
I would like to see that, i would purposely get a BCE chassis just for this. Look at the bump it looks exactly like the bce besides the color and the fact you move your battery position a 1/2 inch or whatever (which was the dumbest idea anyways because you need more steering not less).
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM
  #30771  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
I would like to see that, i would purposely get a BCE chassis just for this. Look at the bump it looks exactly like the bce besides the color and the fact you move your battery position a 1/2 inch or whatever (which was the dumbest idea anyways because you need more steering not less).
Somebady has to video that and put it on youtube for all of us to see!
I can't imagine a chassis would make all that much of a difference though!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM
  #30772  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

It's interesting that some people say the truck needs MORE steering and some, like me, say it needs LESS steering. I think it has alot to do with your driving style.

I'm running the BCE chassis with a bunch of weight removed from the plastics. I moved my battery and ESC back 1" to get the truck to a 50/50 weight distribution.

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
I would like to see that, i would purposely get a BCE chassis just for this. Look at the bump it looks exactly like the bce besides the color and the fact you move your battery position a 1/2 inch or whatever (which was the dumbest idea anyways because you need more steering not less).
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
  #30773  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
It's interesting that some people say the truck needs MORE steering and some, like me, say it needs LESS steering. I think it has alot to do with your driving style.

I'm running the BCE chassis with a bunch of weight removed from the plastics. I moved my battery and ESC back 1" to get the truck to a 50/50 weight distribution.
to me I dont see any difference where the weight is, my truck is probably not even balanced, but still jumps perfect and that. I have better turning with weight in the front thats why i have my battery forward and my diffs at 4,3,2 because 5,3,3 wasnt good enough.
This is the track I usually run at and started 6th and got to 3rd in the s section then was good but as the race was going my motor screw was coming loose and notice a loss of power each lap(the light orange truck): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUN2i...eature=channel
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
  #30774  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,765
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I love "the great chassis debate 2012"
It brings out the inner a$$ hole and biast pricks in everyone!
Keep it Trolling.
Agreed. It's more heated than religion debates, half as exciting, and twice as worthless.
goehm is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
  #30775  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
cwilkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Castle Rock, WA
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I'm actually running the bce, kh, bump, tlr and jammin chassis sandwiched together for the ultimate chassis combination I use 3/8th by 1inch screws and 5-40 by 1inch screws to tie everything in... Little bit of shoe goo too... My truck flies like the magic school bus and corners like lightning mcqueen... Goodluck see you at the next big one..

I run the BCE chassis and I can understand how people say it may be a little too stiff... I've considered trying another chassis but a local fast guy at the track recommended removing the front sway bar and it helped lose some of that stiffness imo.. I've never had any issues with holes lining up untill I bought a new battery tray so something happened with the mold on the new battery tray.. I didn't experience more nose diving with the BCE either... My truck felt alot more stable with the BCE but lost some of that flex that helped in the tight indoor track that I liked with the stock chassis so I had to start turning with my throttle on some tight turns.. Love the BCE chassis though it's tough as nails and the quality is outstanding.. Bill is very personal and a great guy to deal with!
cwilkinson is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
  #30776  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,765
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
This is the track I usually run at and started 6th and got to 3rd in the s section then was good but as the race was going my motor screw was coming loose and notice a loss of power each lap
And so begins the best thread lock debate!
goehm is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
  #30777  
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

Originally Posted by goehm
And so begins the best thread lock debate!
blue locktite makes my truck 2 seconds a lap faster!
allan42r is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
  #30778  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goehm
And so begins the best thread lock debate!
Originally Posted by allan42r
blue locktite makes my truck 2 seconds a lap faster!
lmao I use loctite 242
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
  #30779  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
to me I dont see any difference where the weight is, my truck is probably not even balanced, but still jumps perfect and that. I have better turning with weight in the front thats why i have my battery forward and my diffs at 4,3,2 because 5,3,3 wasnt good enough.
This is the track I usually run at and started 6th and got to 3rd in the s section then was good but as the race was going my motor screw was coming loose and notice a loss of power each lap(the light orange truck): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUN2i...eature=channel
Great looking layout. Some nice looking jumps. Fast flowing with some technical. Nice indoor track.

But WCRC is the best indoor track ever Let the meaningless debate begin on where to run our SCTE
SEF is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
  #30780  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Josey Wales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Red face toys

nice i wish my real car was as important as my toy car!
Josey Wales is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.