Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
  #30736  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wcrase101
I did just get my bump chassis in and put it on my scte, it was very good as far as fitment of all chassis parts, looks killer and really stout, only one complain about the chassis, the screws don't go completely flush with the chassis not a real big issue as they don't stick out crazy bad and can be fixed pretty easily, can't wait to see what she will do with a new chassis under her!
Originally Posted by timannnn6
OK now the Bump chassis sucks.

Sorry I'm missing the chassis talk already
LOL

BTW I just got a bump recently and screws and fitment are flawless, everything was recessed properly.

All of these reduced weight chassis chop off a section of the chassis near the rear on both sides.. this changes the f/r balance and must be addressed. With small jumps it is less apparent but with big jumps it becomes more important. When I was running the BCE even w/ the battery back it wasn't enough to have the correct f/r balance. From what I can tell so far the 'bump' chassis correctly adjusted for this by moving the battery placement back further allowing for more mounting choices and better f/r balance. Time will tell though as I cannot get out on our outdoor track at this point, tlil spring.. which seems to be here at least for yesterday and today, too bad it's not sticking around outdoor racing is soo much more fun

I did use to wonder if part of the reason why I disliked the BCE's performance was actually due to the fitment issues as well.. the battery tray was way off and I even drilled the front hole out some. After my tweak you could at least force it down if you started each screw just a little and actually bent the battery tray (I tried several trays and none fit right) then screwed them in. The problem is, with this added pressure how did it change the handling characteristics and performance? hmm well there is my thought for the day at this point it doesn’t matter, the f/r was off anyway and it is long since sold (the BCE).
8ight-e is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 AM
  #30737  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scracer68
+1..... mine went together flawlessly, all of the screws are perfectly flush. The best part is it handles awesome with the Bump chassis and I had it 2 days after I placed my order for only $89.95. I'm sure it cost more to make than the BCE because its made from the same material but its hard anadized for extra protection and actually cost less. It's a win win in my opinion. This is coming from someone who has ran the TLR, BCE, and Bump. I have nothing against BCE and if the chassis handled better than the Bump I would have went with it. Why pay more for a chassis that doesn't handle as well and has no advantage over the Bump IMHO.
It doesn't cost more to make because he (bump) is going in there and milling it out with a big old 1/2" bit. It's a time issue. Bigger bit, less time, less precision. Fact. You can see the difference in milling with the naked eye, it's not like it's a secret. Anodizing is cheap to do, and will not hold up to wear. If you like the look of it, ok, but it offers no perfromance gain or "protection" on any level. I appreciate the bump worked out for you, but to run around saying it handles better than this or that as a general statement is ridiculous.
lowroad is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
  #30738  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,384
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

just a quick question.. since chassis talk is coming back..

were the early bump chassis' or first run chassis' different than the current chassis? i have a bump chassis (i think).. but my battery tray is not any farther back than the stock chassis..
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
  #30739  
Tech Fanatic
 
wcrase101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
just a quick question.. since chassis talk is coming back..

were the early bump chassis' or first run chassis' different than the current chassis? i have a bump chassis (i think).. but my battery tray is not any farther back than the stock chassis..
I believe it was a running change,,,

on my bump chassis the screws don't stick out horribly but the outter lip on the screws do protrude just a tiny bit, not on all the counter sinks but mostly the center diff mounts and front rear diff mounts, I will take a drill bit and knock em down a lil and get them to fit flush, it's not alot or really bad maybe bout a mm out from being flush.

all and all I am still impressed with the chassis and can't wait to see how the truck will stack up against the competition this year, last year did pretty good with a stock chassis truck w/1410/rx8. this year lighter stiffer chassis w/ mmp/4600 pro-4, also added the m2c pistons.

Last edited by wcrase101; 03-08-2012 at 09:58 AM.
wcrase101 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
  #30740  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,384
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wcrase101
I believe it was a running change,,,

on my bump chassis the screws don't stick out horribly but the outter lip on the screws do protrude just a tiny bit, not on all the counter sinks but mostly the center diff mounts and front rear diff mounts, I will take a drill bit and knock em down a lil and get them to fit flush, it's not alot or really bad maybe bout a mm out from being flush
thanks.. i do have my battery spaced all the way back..
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
  #30741  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Lowroad, have you driven any of the other chassis?

I have the BCE on my truck. I bought it when it was the only option chassis available. I never had a stock chassis to compare it with because I converted a TEN-T. My truck has always been a handful compared to the other trucks I've driven even with the same setup. The BCE is super stiff and isn't as forgiving as some of the other chassis. I'm thinking about swapping it for a Bump or KH.

As far as the radius on the pockets, a larger radius should have a smaller stress riser than a smaller radius and therefore be stronger. The machine time for the pockets should be a very,VERY, small portion of the cost.

Originally Posted by lowroad
It doesn't cost more to make because he (bump) is going in there and milling it out with a big old 1/2" bit. It's a time issue. Bigger bit, less time, less precision. Fact. You can see the difference in milling with the naked eye, it's not like it's a secret. Anodizing is cheap to do, and will not hold up to wear. If you like the look of it, ok, but it offers no perfromance gain or "protection" on any level. I appreciate the bump worked out for you, but to run around saying it handles better than this or that as a general statement is ridiculous.
Originally Posted by lowroad
"Options are great, I agree. Trying to convince someone of something over the internet is about as painful as trying wipe your butt with a cheesegrater. No one listens and everyone knows best. Myself included."
So get off the soapbox already.
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
  #30742  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
scracer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad
It doesn't cost more to make because he (bump) is going in there and milling it out with a big old 1/2" bit. It's a time issue. Bigger bit, less time, less precision. Fact. You can see the difference in milling with the naked eye, it's not like it's a secret. Anodizing is cheap to do, and will not hold up to wear. If you like the look of it, ok, but it offers no perfromance gain or "protection" on any level. I appreciate the bump worked out for you, but to run around saying it handles better than this or that as a general statement is ridiculous.
Well it does handle better for me and I did say IMHO. I'm not the only one on here that has had tried both and finds that the bump handles better. The BCE has a problem with nose diving on large jumps and to me it handles worse in just about every way compared to the Bump.
scracer68 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM
  #30743  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
scracer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Lowroad, have you driven any of the other chassis?

I have the BCE on my truck. I bought it when it was the only option chassis available. I never had a stock chassis to compare it with because I converted a TEN-T. My truck has always been a handful compared to the other trucks I've driven even with the same setup. The BCE is super stiff and isn't as forgiving as some of the other chassis. I'm thinking about swapping it for a Bump or KH.

As far as the radius on the pockets, a larger radius should have a smaller stress riser than a smaller radius and therefore be stronger. The machine time for the pockets should be a very,VERY, small portion of the cost

So get off the soapbox already.



I agree and the only reason I started pushing the Bump is because I have tried stock, TLR, Bump, and BCE. I liked the Bump over all of them and got tired of all th BCE fanboys pushing their chassis so hard on everyone even though they haven't tried any of the others.
scracer68 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 AM
  #30744  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 11,031
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Dude I got one question for you. Are you F'in high or what?
OMG....I just shot soda out my nose..I'm still LMAO..thank you..this post applies to at least 50% of the posts in this thread..mine included (and about 50% of them would be why yes I am)..
Oasis is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM
  #30745  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Excellent ! You want a cookie ?
Choc. Chip would be great
larlev is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
  #30746  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Rasheed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 680
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default leaking diffs

I'm too lazy to sort through 100 pages of chassis discussion to find an answer. What is the latest on the best plan to help with the leaking diff fluid?

If you say "gluing the rings" please be specific about exactly what you are gluing to what.

Thanks in advance for feeding my laziness ...
Rasheed is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM
  #30747  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
FLHX1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wyoming, MN
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Im not worried about bein "legal" so much as this being able to make the truck a bit more stable. I trial fitted the bare hazzard wheel on one side and compared a bare de wheel on the other. Not a huge difference in offset imo....just curious if anyone runnin a set of hazzards noticed any pros/cons
It will make the truck 1/2" wider front and back, and the only gain it would have in stability is that it could land from a crooked landing easier, other than that, you will suffer everywhere else. Less forward bite, less rotation, less steering.

As of right now, IMO, the best wheel is the stock wheel.
FLHX1550 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM
  #30748  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,649
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
Choc. Chip would be great
LOL , nope cant have any of those cause they are my fave ! Oatmeal-Raisin for you !
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
  #30749  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
gawith0413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,720
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
LOL , nope cant have any of those cause they are my fave ! Oatmeal-Raisin for you !
HEY, I'll take some of that!
gawith0413 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
  #30750  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
It will make the truck 1/2" wider front and back, and the only gain it would have in stability is that it could land from a crooked landing easier, other than that, you will suffer everywhere else. Less forward bite, less rotation, less steering.

As of right now, IMO, the best wheel is the stock wheel.
+1
w/AKA enduro soft on our 1/8 track is very good.
V
vasidudu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.