Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Hey guys, I meant to post this earlier but got stuck in meetings...got some updates on some of the new parts:

On the TiNi parts, it looks like they will go out the end of this month, or beginning of April.

The Titanium screw kits are good for around 2.2 ounces of weight off your rig but keep in mind, they are meant for the racer type, and will be here next week I think.
thanks for the update. was going to wait to switch to the HA bodies until the TiNi shafts came up, but i'll go ahead and swap them now.

by "meant for the racer type" were you mainly speaking about price?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Hey guys, I meant to post this earlier but got stuck in meetings...got some updates on some of the new parts:

On the TiNi parts, it looks like they will go out the end of this month, or beginning of April.

The Titanium screw kits are good for around 2.2 ounces of weight off your rig but keep in mind, they are meant for the racer type, and will be here next week I think.

Looking forward to it!! Any plans on making the axle hubs in aluminum like the losi 8be?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
thanks for the update. was going to wait to switch to the HA bodies until the TiNi shafts came up, but i'll go ahead and swap them now.

by "meant for the racer type" were you mainly speaking about price?
Well, not really as I feel that 90 bucks for 148 titanium screws is pretty good. Its more that they are not as hard as steel. However I havent stripped one yet, just have to push the driver in as you use it. It is nice having all of the screws on the bottom of my chassis use a 3/32 as all the flat heads are 3/32 to give more gripping power.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did just get my bump chassis in and put it on my scte, it was very good as far as fitment of all chassis parts, looks killer and really stout, only one complain about the chassis, the screws don't go completely flush with the chassis not a real big issue as they don't stick out crazy bad and can be fixed pretty easily, can't wait to see what she will do with a new chassis under her!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
I did just get my bump chassis in and put it on my scte, it was very good as far as fitment of all chassis parts, looks killer and really stout, only one complain about the chassis, the screws don't go completely flush with the chassis not a real big issue as they don't stick out crazy bad and can be fixed pretty easily, can't wait to see what she will do with a new chassis under her!
What do you mean? like the countersink is off?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texasam82
Hey Guys,

I'm about to pick up an SCTE... I have a question for yall regarding the esc/motor. I'm just getting back into RC after 15 years, so all this brushless stuff is new to me, lol.
Welcome back to the new world order of Brushless + LiPo I was in a similar position to you in Dec 2010 and it has been fantastic. It makes RC more fun, for longer, and cheaper. If you haven't looked into it go to YouTube and look for "New to RC squirrelod". I found his videos really helpful.

I currently have 2 power systems at my disposal.

1) Velineon VXL System from Traxxas

2) Mamba Max Pro with Novak Ballistic 4.5

My question is how would either/both of these perform? And if neither is a decent option what would be a nice low cost system? I guess you would call me a basher, even though I'm normally running on race tracks and not just smashing my car around. I plan to race a LITTLE, but not that much as the wife won't like Fri/Sat nights being taken up.
Sounds like me. It seems that those 2 pole motors you suggest seem to not have enough torque for the SCTE as it is a comparatively heavy truck. People seem to be going for 4 pole motors.

I was on the Mamba Max Pro with unsensored Castle 1415 2400kv system, but swapped the motor 2 days ago to the sensored Tenshock SC411 4000kv. The feel of the sensored system is fantastic. From what I read on this forum from people who are way more qualified than me to comment on this issue Tenshock seems to be making cheaper motors that are performing on par with the best. So I would suggest keeping the MMP, selling the Novak Ballistic and getting a Tenshock.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have no idea if that ESC and/or Motor is approved for the races that you may wish to enter, so you might want to check that first.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BmainStar
What do you mean? like the countersink is off?
yes just enough to create a lil extra drag if chassis bottoms out.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I'm about to pick up an SCTE... I have a question for yall regarding the esc/motor. I'm just getting back into RC after 15 years, so all this brushless stuff is new to me, lol.

I currently have 2 power systems at my disposal.

1) Velineon VXL System from Traxxas

2) Mamba Max Pro with Novak Ballistic 4.5

My question is how would either/both of these perform? And if neither is a decent option what would be a nice low cost system? I guess you would call me a basher, even though I'm normally running on race tracks and not just smashing my car around. I plan to race a LITTLE, but not that much as the wife won't like Fri/Sat nights being taken up.

My local track is Mike's in Porter, Texas. Hard packed clay and a large 1/8 layout.

I really appreciate your time and help.
I run at Mikes all the time, and you'd be much better off with the MMP/Novak Ballistic 4.5, with the right gearing and esc settings you should be good. If you need any help with gearing or setup, or anything else, I'd be happy to help you. Just ask.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Anybody tried out hazzard wheels on their scte yet? Gonna get some fresh rubber to glue up and am considering these to try out
WAY too wide to be legal.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Strange..mine fit flush..doesn't stick out at all..I would talk to the guys at Nitrohouse and inform them of this problem, I haven't heard of any problems as far as fit goes, any photos of how far the screws are out..
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
WAY too wide to be legal.
Im not worried about bein "legal" so much as this being able to make the truck a bit more stable. I trial fitted the bare hazzard wheel on one side and compared a bare de wheel on the other. Not a huge difference in offset imo....just curious if anyone runnin a set of hazzards noticed any pros/cons
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Im shopping up some new rubber too. I looked alll over page one and theres nothing about wheels except the stock and DE. I ordered some DE wheels last year and they were fine but looking at prolines site they show the 1176-15 caliber premounts in the scte section... do they actually fit? has anyone tried do they need rib grinding?
the calibers are perfect for our track just trying to save some glueing...
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Im not worried about bein "legal" so much as this being able to make the truck a bit more stable. I trial fitted the bare hazzard wheel on one side and compared a bare de wheel on the other. Not a huge difference in offset imo....just curious if anyone runnin a set of hazzards noticed any pros/cons
I ran hazzards on my SCTE when i first got it.. coming from the SC104x4 i had some left after selling it.. lets say.. the truck handles waaaay better with standard offset wheels.. i tried a set of tires with hazzards, and borrowed the same set on standard offset.. night and day difference..

@xxfile the proline wheels still require web griding.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

yes just enough to create a lil extra drag if chassis bottoms out.
Originally Posted by Oasis
Strange..mine fit flush..doesn't stick out at all..I would talk to the guys at Nitrohouse and inform them of this problem, I haven't heard of any problems as far as fit goes, any photos of how far the screws are out..

OK now the Bump chassis sucks.

Sorry I'm missing the chassis talk already
Old 03-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
+1..... mine went together flawlessly, all of the screws are perfectly flush. The best part is it handles awesome with the Bump chassis and I had it 2 days after I placed my order for only $89.95. I'm sure it cost more to make than the BCE because its made from the same material but its hard anadized for extra protection and actually cost less. It's a win win in my opinion. This is coming from someone who has ran the TLR, BCE, and Bump. I have nothing against BCE and if the chassis handled better than the Bump I would have went with it. Why pay more for a chassis that doesn't handle as well and has no advantage over the Bump IMHO.

Last edited by scracer68; 03-08-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.