Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Hi guys,
Has anyone tried the alum collars with HA shock bodies? Do they fit the threads better then on the stock ones?
YES!!!, I had problems with the alum collars on the stock bodies, but not on the HA ones!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

I noticed that between the outdrives and the diff case there is play and "wobble" between those two parts. I thought I got away from the terrible diff wobble on the AE :cry. Is this normal?

Sorry guys for all the noob questions that have probably been answered thousands of times, just trying to make sure I didnt screw something up. I tryed using the search button but didnt have good success.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith View Post
I noticed that between the outdrives and the diff case there is play and "wobble" between those two parts. I thought I got away from the terrible diff wobble on the AE :cry. Is this normal?

Sorry guys for all the noob questions that have probably been answered thousands of times, just trying to make sure I didnt screw something up. I tryed using the search button but didnt have good success.
No your good. There's a bit of play when you wiggle the drive shaft at the center outdrives.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
No your good. There's a bit of play when you wiggle the drive shaft at the center outdrives.
Ok cool, thanks for the quick reply!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
Dude you are truely an idiot. BCE has been making chassis's for how long? Im not talking about the specific chassis for the scte, im talking about products even for other cars. KH has made lots of quality parts for the 8ights. Do you not see where I'm coming from or no? For example I would rather buy a chassis thats from a company thats been making quality parts for a while, LIKE TLR BCE and KH, then this Xtreme company I've never heard of till the end of last year, not trying to bash them but thats me. Plus i wouldnt recommend a cf chassis for a sc.
FYI , Xtreme has been around for quite some time and they make VERY nice C/F parts for many different R/Cs .

Bruce Sayre , the owner is a stand up guy who gives great customer service/support .

Not sure about that chassis but his other parts are top notch IMO ..........
Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Guys, if you are gonna just scream at each other, please do it via PM.

I raced at the JBRL this weekend and am happy to report that my truck was 55 grams lighter than the most competitive SC10 4x4 this weekend. So much for all the reports of how much lighter it is...made me smile.

LOL yeah , cause they are all adding weight trying to get it to handle better
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gawith0413 View Post
YES!!!, I had problems with the alum collars on the stock bodies, but not on the HA ones!
Thanks! Future new shock parts decided then.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith View Post
Ok cool, thanks for the quick reply!
In the gear cases, there is a metal sleeve/insert that you can remove and glue to help take some of the wobble out (and also help prevent leakage). Some use RTV sealant, some use CA (this sets too fast for me... I don't like it), but I would recommend JB Weld epoxy given it's strength and set time (lets you easily wipe up excess).

Also, the hardened outdrives help a bit too. I believe their tolerances are a bit higher/accurate for what should be on the truck.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Guys, if you are gonna just scream at each other, please do it via PM.
I think we should all step back and realize that the majority of what all people write is opinion, and in some cases experience, and even less cases fact.

Here's a primer:

"X store has Y part in stock!"

Chances are this is a fact.

"X chassis sucks!"

Chances are this is opinion, and not enough information to justify a response. Move on.

"X chassis sucks I would never run it!"

Chances are this fact (for that person), but still not enough information to base your own opinion/purchase on. No need to respond.

It's going to get really annoying if everyone needs to disclaimer every statement with 'in my opinion/IMO'.

You can always counter someone elses negative experience with a positive of your own, or vice versa.

I know this all sounds so simple. That's the point. Let's get back to basics and a bit of courtesy...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
In the gear cases, there is a metal sleeve/insert that you can remove and glue to help take some of the wobble out (and also help prevent leakage). Some use RTV sealant, some use CA (this sets too fast for me... I don't like it), but I would recommend JB Weld epoxy given it's strength and set time (lets you easily wipe up excess).

Also, the hardened outdrives help a bit too. I believe their tolerances are a bit higher/accurate for what should be on the truck.
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Hi guys,
Has anyone tried the alum collars with HA shock bodies? Do they fit the threads better then on the stock ones?
just got them myself, they went on fine.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by omenwolf View Post
just got them myself, they went on fine.
[pic]
Looks really nice!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Think I am going to try to run a 5.5t 550 Novak instead of my 4.5t 550 Novak to get a long run time. Where should I start on the pinion? This will be running on a large outdoor track. Running the 4.5t on a small indoor track now. The 4.5t is just not going to make a 10 minute main that is required on the outdoor track.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
Im gonna try a set of the jc hazzard wheels on my scte.....i know they will make the truck a tad wider but should work well otherwise
i had them on my truck when i first got it.. made the truck turn like crap.. stock offset is the way to go.. in my opinion..
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Ryan,
How did you get 3 rear toe on your setup on the losi website for an indoor track?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.